Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 7, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #42,991 of 155,186
If you use digital media (no streaming) you're also using rituals. Read about USB drives, backups, ripping, folder and label organization, blah blah.

Think about it.l
Yes, but by and large, we do most of it but once...

And it’s all about preference. To each their own. I have my digital media and my turntable, both of which I love.

Jan 7, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #42,993 of 155,186
Hey all,

Just thought I'd let you know: I expect to have a new chapter this week.

No, It's not going to be one of the billion or so product announcements. This one is more of a business philosophy/personal thoughts kinda chapter. I'm gonna try to keep to a more regular every-other-week chapter schedule this year, since there's a lot to talk about. After the chapter this week, it's time to talk about something that changed late last year (another kinda business thing), then maybe it's time to talk Aegir...you get the picture.

As always, thanks for reading my rambles!

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 7, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #42,994 of 155,186
Sounds good to me! Thanks Jason.

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #42,995 of 155,186
8286872.gif
giphy.gif
lebowski.gif
giphy-1.gif

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #42,996 of 155,186
Always an enjoyable read...

and thank YOU for sharing your thoughts with all of us!! :)

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #42,997 of 155,186
:clap::clap::clap: ... i used reel to reel on 80s ... fantastic sound!

Sure, see my quotation marks, it's an exageration to try to show more clearly mi intentions. Something more common in latin cultures :blush: ... i'm an italian citizen also Pietro, i suppose you're italian by your surname. My grandfather comes to South America from Italy, surely running away from postwar in Europe, i really didn't know him.
I saw and yes I am.
Be careful with subtle language on a US forum site because it will be seldom understood.
Not because of lack of understanding but with a motive and on purpose.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #43,003 of 155,186
Hey all,

Just thought I'd let you know: I expect to have a new chapter this week.

No, It's not going to be one of the billion or so product announcements. This one is more of a business philosophy/personal thoughts kinda chapter. I'm gonna try to keep to a more regular every-other-week chapter schedule this year, since there's a lot to talk about. After the chapter this week, it's time to talk about something that changed late last year (another kinda business thing), then maybe it's time to talk Aegir...you get the picture.

As always, thanks for reading my rambles!

All the best,
Jason

Hi Jason,
I am a great fan of your company products and have quite a few of them.
I am curious about your position on participating in audio exhibitions- as
manufacturer.

Jan 8, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #43,004 of 155,186
I will never go back to vinyl, but to each his own. :)

Down from 12,200 LP/EP in 2014 to about 300 (whats left over that hasn't sold yet) and my TT has been gone since 2014 too. Remastered and properly mastered digital on a fine DAC gets you right into the same sound quality - except the lower bass which digital kills vinyl in and pretty much always has.

I will say some MC cartridges - the really expensive > $2k stuff does things with treble (including phase weirdness) that I do occasionally miss. And there is a certain driven madness of the vinyl cognoscenti - VPI record cleaning machine, heavy tables, heavier bases, zerostats, brushing cartridges, AT safety raiser, every alignment perfect - and all those cartridges - FR1-mk3F, Madrigal Carnegie 1, Shelter 501, Lyra Parnassus, Koetsu Black, Rosewood, Rosewood Signature - all dust in the wind now... and no I don't miss it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back