Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 7, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #42,961 of 149,231
Maybe not complicated but rather lacks the convenience of streamer and or cds (track change)

Jan 7, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #42,964 of 149,231
I love vinyl but i use it on that special albums when i have the time to really listen to them, the listening experience it's more "complete", more close to the artist ... to me, of course.
If i only want to put music to play in the background / playlists, i use digital.

So ... i'm a kind of "hibrid" listener and take the best of both worlds (what i think it's the best of both).

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #42,965 of 149,231
Time to go Nike and just do it! I've been checking my mailbox daily for them .

You just keep checking, I forgot I was holding your tubes hostage, any day now I start cutting off a pin and sending it to you as a reminder. :smile_phones:

I will have to double check tube numbers but I am certain these are for a Valhalla 2.

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #42,966 of 149,231
I love the sound of vinyl but hate the cost, rituals, and overall lack of convenience. It's not worth it to me....

Jan 7, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #42,968 of 149,231
In my ears digital sounds best.

You need to listen to equivalent systems (analog / digital) ... analog sound it's not inferior to digital. Other stuff on vinyl goes more in what each one likes or believes ... but the old king was not defeated about sound quality.

In the 90's i sell my beloved Technics 1200 (lucky me, not the LPs) because the new king rules ... and then i found that cd's also suffer with scratches / dust and doesn't sound better. I regret to vinyl immediately :)

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #42,969 of 149,231
Twin single tubes, you are an adventurous one! Maybe one day for me, but the truth is, I don't have enough time to play with the all the audio toys and options I already have,LOL!
I will never go back to vinyl, but to each his own. :)
Agreed.

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #42,970 of 149,231
Question, i have a Valhalla 2 and Sennheiser HD650, i use a 6cg7 tube. i see that some are running 6sn7 in that unit. but a 6cg7 is the same equivalent to a 6sn7, why do you guys run that tube over a 6cg7, is it worth it. thanks for any and all replies. Greg

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #42,971 of 149,231
I love the sound of vinyl but hate the cost, rituals, and overall lack of convenience. It's not worth it to me....

Agreed.

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #42,972 of 149,231
You need to listen to equivalent systems (analog / digital) ... analog sound it's not inferior to digital. Other stuff on vinyl goes more in what each one likes or believes ... but the old king was not defeated about sound quality.

In the 90's i sell my beloved Technics 1200 (lucky me, not the LPs) because the new king rules ... and then i found that cd's also suffer with scratches / dust and doesn't sound better. I regret to vinyl immediately :)
I don't think I get what you mean here.
In MY ears (and I tested that for the last 55 years over and over) digital is the best.
Nothing, nobody, no one will ever persuade or convince me otherwise.

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #42,973 of 149,231
I don't think I get what you mean here.
In MY ears (and I tested that for the last 55 years over and over) digital is the best.
Nothing, nobody, no one will ever persuade or convince me otherwise.

No one can.
It's your experience and your truth.

I only say that if the systems are not equivalent, you can have a biased experience. If you test on equivalent systems, ok, you also can hear that digital it's better, but with a right test.

55 years of digital music? Man, you have a DeLorean! (it's a joke Pietro :))

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #42,974 of 149,231
No one can.
It's your experience and your truth.

I only say that if the systems are not equivalent, you can have a biased experience. If you test on equivalent systems, ok, you also can hear that digital it's better, but with a right test.

55 years of digital music? Man, you have a DeLorean! (it's a joke Pietro :))
You're right on all accounts.
I am biased, I tested both in equivalents and I have a time machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back