1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up

Discussion in 'Jason Stoddard' started by jason stoddard, Jan 23, 2014.
  1. Ableza
    I will never go back to vinyl, but to each his own. :)

2. Miguel Barone
    I love vinyl but i use it on that special albums when i have the time to really listen to them, the listening experience it's more "complete", more close to the artist ... to me, of course.
    If i only want to put music to play in the background / playlists, i use digital.

So ... i'm a kind of "hibrid" listener and take the best of both worlds (what i think it's the best of both).

3. Paladin79
    You just keep checking, I forgot I was holding your tubes hostage, any day now I start cutting off a pin and sending it to you as a reminder. :smile_phones:

I will have to double check tube numbers but I am certain these are for a Valhalla 2.

4. winders
    I love the sound of vinyl but hate the cost, rituals, and overall lack of convenience. It's not worth it to me....

5. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    In my ears digital sounds best.

EELawson likes this.
  6. Miguel Barone
    You need to listen to equivalent systems (analog / digital) ... analog sound it's not inferior to digital. Other stuff on vinyl goes more in what each one likes or believes ... but the old king was not defeated about sound quality.

In the 90's i sell my beloved Technics 1200 (lucky me, not the LPs) because the new king rules ... and then i found that cd's also suffer with scratches / dust and doesn't sound better. I regret to vinyl immediately :)

7. FLTWS
    Twin single tubes, you are an adventurous one! Maybe one day for me, but the truth is, I don't have enough time to play with the all the audio toys and options I already have,LOL!
    Agreed.

8. Paddlefoot
    Question, i have a Valhalla 2 and Sennheiser HD650, i use a 6cg7 tube. i see that some are running 6sn7 in that unit. but a 6cg7 is the same equivalent to a 6sn7, why do you guys run that tube over a 6cg7, is it worth it. thanks for any and all replies. Greg

CAPT Deadpool likes this.
  9. FLTWS
    Agreed.

10. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    I don't think I get what you mean here.
    In MY ears (and I tested that for the last 55 years over and over) digital is the best.
    Nothing, nobody, no one will ever persuade or convince me otherwise.

11. Miguel Barone
    No one can.
    It's your experience and your truth.

I only say that if the systems are not equivalent, you can have a biased experience. If you test on equivalent systems, ok, you also can hear that digital it's better, but with a right test.

55 years of digital music? Man, you have a DeLorean! (it's a joke Pietro :))

12. Pietro Cozzi Tinin
    You're right on all accounts.
    I am biased, I tested both in equivalents and I have a time machine.

13. Miguel Barone
    Ok :thumbsup:

14. KoshNaranek
    01-433807.jpg
    I KNEW IT!

You're the Doctor!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  15. Paladin79
    I like the use of the word "rituals" for all that needs be done with records to handle them properly and clean them, and store them.

KoshNaranek, judson_w and winders like this.