Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 13, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #41,626 of 150,288
upload_2018-11-13_11-15-49.png

Interesting.New USB stuff maybe.
10197735.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #41,627 of 150,288
I'll see if I can get you a longer update today.

The short version is: lots of detail engineering, mostly boring stuff, hence not a lot to talk about. The exciting stuff is still too pie-in-the-sky to even mention (as in, it may not even retain a shade of our original idea, we may be totally off-base.)

A few more interesting things:

1. Mike and Tony and I are going for the final meeting at the die cast company for Sol. Everything else is done and in-house, or ordered and on the way, so this thing is going to be real. Finally. Yes, I know. And just so that you know, complain to Mike and Tony about any delays. I've said more than once that I'm the lazy streaming digital guy, I probably won't even own a Sol. Too much nervosa.

2. We are sponsoring Pocock Brewery's 3rd Anniversary bash...by paying for the porta-potties. Which get our signage. And Schiit Happened toilet paper. This is the brewery you can walk to across the parking lot from Schiit.

3. In case you haven't seen our new advertising, we're moving away from the "Obsolete" messaging, and back to some fun stuff. Here's a sample:

WOW!!!!!

Great news, thanks for the mini update!

LOVE the They Live references!!!

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #41,628 of 150,288
WOW!!!!!

Great news, thanks for the mini update!

LOVE the They Live references!!!

Rowdy Roddy Piper. Great all-star cast.

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #41,629 of 150,288
Hmmmm.... New USB -- could be Schiit Fire Wire?? :wink:

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #41,630 of 150,288
My only question is; Will there be a Schiit stack in each porta-potty for maximum Schiiting pleasure?

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #41,632 of 150,288
2. We are sponsoring Pocock Brewery's 3rd Anniversary bash...by paying for the porta-potties. Which get our signage. And Schiit Happened toilet paper. This is the brewery you can walk to across the parking lot from Schiit.

Pics or it didn't happen :wink:

Porta-Schittr pics would be priceless.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #41,634 of 150,288
Nov 13, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #41,635 of 150,288
I'll see if I can get you a longer update today.

The short version is: lots of detail engineering, mostly boring stuff, hence not a lot to talk about. The exciting stuff is still too pie-in-the-sky to even mention (as in, it may not even retain a shade of our original idea, we may be totally off-base.)

A few more interesting things:

1. Mike and Tony and I are going for the final meeting at the die cast company for Sol. Everything else is done and in-house, or ordered and on the way, so this thing is going to be real. Finally. Yes, I know. And just so that you know, complain to Mike and Tony about any delays. I've said more than once that I'm the lazy streaming digital guy, I probably won't even own a Sol. Too much nervosa.

3. In case you haven't seen our new advertising, we're moving away from the "Obsolete" messaging, and back to some fun stuff. Here's a sample:

Oh, Lazy, Digital Streaming Guy, Could you please find time for a Schiit Artwork Download page on your website?

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #41,637 of 150,288
looks like a lot going on ive missed a lot it seems haha. been trying to finish up the house (putting my new roof on, closing in a lanai with block, new pool cage etc doing all the work myself) so i have not had a lot of time once im done for the days lol. finally have the inspectors coming so hopefully ill be done for a while now.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #41,638 of 150,288
I just started toying with an idea that will probably not see the light of day and has issues with implementation anyways. My current set up is my various sources go to an old Realistic Tape Control center. This way I can select the input and the output (my Valhalla 2, my integrated tube amp, an ADC, or my old reel to reel machine). My integrated amp, is wonderful, I love it, which is good because I lack funds to really replace or upgrade it (other than tubes). It is a 30 WPC class A push-pull tube amp. It drives Hsu Research HB-1 speakers, and I have thought about trying to work a sub into it, but this integrated amp lacks a line out or sub out.

The Valhalla, however, does have preamp outs and I can use the switch box to send the signal to both the Valhalla and the amp. In theory, I could use the Valhalla to send signal to the sub... provided I do not mind adjusting two volume knobs, one for speakers and one for sub, to make sure they are balanced properly.

Nov 13, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #41,639 of 150,288
Pics or it didn't happen :wink:

Porta-Schittr pics would be priceless.

I'll get pics when it happens on December 1.

Consider this a test run for some pranks...er, I mean, "marketing," that we may try at larger shows.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back