Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 1, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #39,031 of 155,092
Said product preview will be in the speaker room

Very excited to see some new 2 channel Schiit. :grinning:

Heimdall- His hearing is so accurate that no sound escapes him: he can even hear the grass grow or the wool on a sheep's back.

Attachments

• IMG_20180929_171245568.jpg
    IMG_20180929_171245568.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20180929_212857457.jpg
    IMG_20180929_212857457.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #39,033 of 155,092
Last I checked, the German economy wasn't exactly "going down the drain" :wink:

Gosh I own enough cutlery and cookware from Solingen to help them stay afloat. :smile_phones:

I need a small break from audio for a bit so my next area of interest is telescopes, associated cameras and computers. No recommendations please, I already have a bunch of equipment on the way and I want to start out under $5k. :L3000:

Oct 1, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #39,035 of 155,092
Oct 1, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #39,037 of 155,092
Hey all,

If you're going to RMAF, we have a surprise in store.

Not quite yet a product intro, but a preview of some very hot Schiit. Well, fairly hot Schiit.

Definitely a hint of heat, some new class A like topology, unlike anything before? :ksc75smile:

Oct 1, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #39,040 of 155,092
Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #39,041 of 155,092
Hey all,

If you're going to RMAF, we have a surprise in store.

Not quite yet a product intro, but a preview of some very hot Schiit. Well, fairly hot Schiit. Because we're Continuing down a path we started earlier this year, and that path veers away from A nother path.

Said product preview will be in the speaker room. Yes, there will be (preliminary) specs and (preliminary) pricing. No, the pricing will not have 4 figures. No, it probably won't be shipping this year. But if we're lucky, it should be first up next year!

I'll be at the show Friday and Saturday all day, and Sunday in the morning. I hope to see you there!

All the best,
Jason
Does someone somewhere has to get off his ass and start thinking about some preparations to make?

Oct 1, 2018 at 3:41 PM Post #39,044 of 155,092
Gosh I own enough cutlery and cookware from Solingen to help them stay afloat. :smile_phones:

I need a small break from audio for a bit so my next area of interest is telescopes, associated cameras and computers. No recommendations please, I already have a bunch of equipment on the way and I want to start out under $5k. :L3000:
Sorry, but can't help myself --here's my two cents :

I suggest strongly considering a better quality >$1,000 USD 4" (102-105mm) apochromatic refractor. This way one gets exquisite naked-eye view of the moon, planets, star clusters, relatively bright nebublae, etc, and has also all the aperture one needs to do most any sort of astro-imaging, even on fairly dim objects. IMO: virtually nothing under $1,000 (for the optical tube assembly only, minus a tripod/mounting) is worth your attention.

Going smaller than 4", and naked-eye observation becomes progressively limited.

It's tempting to get a larger aperture for brighter naked-eye views of galaxies and nebulae etc, but there is a big price to pay in convenience and versatility in going much larger.

Also, with a 4" refractor, the cost of a quality mounting/tripod which is stable enough for serious astro-imaging is quite reasonable. Mountings of similar quality/stability for larger scopes get very expensive.

There's also an important factor of simple human nature: It's quick and easy to casually move and set-up a smaller scope such as a 4", and so one is likely to actually take it out and view more often.

I hear lots of stories of people who have big scopes (8" or larger) getting a small refractor as a "second scope" and then finding they end-up using the small refractor the great majority of the time.

I'm personally quite interested in some of the 102-103mm apochromatic refractors being offered by William Optics. Beautiful machining and build quality, very well reviewed. One of those with a good Vixen tripod/mounting could be a 'hot ticket' at a modest price. Have a peek:

https://williamoptics.com/products/telescope

BTW: sorry folks, I know that's waaay off-topic. Just say I'm settling the score a bit for all the recent camera/photography banter and cat pictures :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #39,045 of 155,092
"...Not quite yet a product intro, but a preview of some very hot Schiit. Well, fairly hot Schiit. Because we're Continuing down a path we started earlier this year, and that path veers away from A nother path.

Said product preview will be in the speaker room. Yes, there will be (preliminary) specs and (preliminary) pricing. No, the pricing will not have 4 figures. No, it probably won't be shipping this year. But if we're lucky, it should be first up next year!..."

I'm not, not near, Sherlock Holmes; but if I link the words "some very hot Schiit", and "fairly hot Schiit". Surreptitiously: "Continuing"; all shown in the "speaker room"; for a project "we started earlier this year" ... and, well ... we are talking about an amplifier with the new Continuity (TM) typology.

...Elemetal my dear Watson!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back