Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 30, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #39,002 of 149,369
I feel a business / pleasure trip to CO being planned, at the moment!
We go up there about once a year. Diane grew up in Golden close to Genesee toward Evergreen, so definitely part of the "front range." She roamed the hills from there up to Ft. Collins as a kid, with rock climbing in Eldorado Canyon (and of course skiing in the high country) her passions. I love the area too, and we own a small piece of property up in Nederland that someday we hope to turn into a summer get away from the Valley of the Sun. Pleasure trips to CO are always welcome! OH, and speaking of Coors, one of my customers is Coors Technical Ceramics in Golden so maybe they need a visit... but they don't make beer.

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #39,004 of 149,369
Huh?
You know that's The Netherlands in Dutch?
Yes. And it's also a beautiful little mountain town above Boulder Colorado, called "Nederland" by a 19th century Dutch mining company. :)

Sep 30, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #39,005 of 149,369
I feel a business / pleasure trip to CO being planned, at the moment!

Going to the last Lynyrd Skynyrd show next weekend or I'd be at RMAF. Next year hopefully.:)

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #39,007 of 149,369
How cynical to call a mountain "low land".
It actually is in a "low land" compared to the surroundings. It's in a valley at 8000 feet elevation surrounded by 10-14000 ft peaks. :)

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #39,008 of 149,369
Where is the SOL? Where is more Black Schiit? Why is Schiit being so quiet? No, a new Modi3 is not news!

Sep 30, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #39,009 of 149,369
We go up there about once a year. Diane grew up in Golden close to Genesee toward Evergreen, so definitely part of the "front range." She roamed the hills from there up to Ft. Collins as a kid, with rock climbing in Eldorado Canyon (and of course skiing in the high country) her passions. I love the area too, and we own a small piece of property up in Nederland that someday we hope to turn into a summer get away from the Valley of the Sun. Pleasure trips to CO are always welcome! OH, and speaking of Coors, one of my customers is Coors Technical Ceramics in Golden so maybe they need a visit... but they don't make beer.

That picture was taken in 1994 inside the Walnut Brewery, since closed. Someone reopened it under a new name.

One legacy of Walnut Brewery -- a faint shadow of its past -- is the Rock Bottom Brewery chain. The original Rock Bottom Brewery was The Walnut Brewery owner's second place, in Denver in the basement of the Prudential building (under "a piece of the rock" -- hence the name) but the beers are standardized now with little freedom given to the local brew masters.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #39,010 of 149,369
giphy.gif

FlyingCatStrike.gif

Sep 30, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #39,011 of 149,369
It actually is in a "low land" compared to the surroundings. It's in a valley at 8000 feet elevation surrounded by 10-14000 ft peaks. :)

Lovely in the Summer, cool and a tad breezy in the Winter.

Sep 30, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #39,012 of 149,369
Uh oh.... I hope this isn’t going to be an increasingly common sight.
I saw this from Techmoan (I love this YouTube channel, btw). It's amusing when he looks into what is needed to decode an MQA disc.

It's useful to look at his follow-up notes on the YouTube page. Also he probably knew that MQA discussions tend to get a out of hand and I had to laugh that public comments are disabled.

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #39,013 of 149,369

Uh oh.... I hope this isn’t going to be an increasingly common sight....{snip}…Thanks to Mimby all my CDs are now MQA. Moffat Quality Audio.
I’ll hazard a visit to the mall to see what Sunrise Records has to offer. I suspect MQA all over the place. I haven’t purchased a CD since I visited an Arrogant Worms concert (at Hugh’s Room, Toronto).
Extra Schiit points for a clever poke of the bear! :wink:
Clever, very clever.
Well, the water must be good. Breweries locate where good water is available, sometimes in strange places. Budweiser built a large brewery in Newark, NJ, in the 1950s, because Newark has very soft water.
At the tip of the Bruce Peninsula, we have Tobermory Brewing Company. It sits on top of the prehistoric Niagara Escarpment oodles of limestone. Somehow, the brewery has been able to thrive through the quiet winter months.
Where is the SOL? Where is more Black Schiit? Why is Schiit being so quiet? No, a new Modi3 is not news!
...”.. @schneller was told to sit on the Group W bench... that’s where THEY put you if you may not be moral enough to be a Schiithead after committing their special crime... and they alllll moved away from him on the Group W bench.....” {song reference, Alice’s Restaurant Massacree}.
:ksc75smile:
My bet, @schneller , is an announcement for the Christmas buying season. November?

I saw this from Techmoan (I love this YouTube channel, btw). It's amusing when he looks into what is needed to decode an MQA disc.???{snip}…
…It's useful to look at his follow-up notes on the YouTube page. Also he probably knew that MQA discussions tend to get a out of hand and I had to laugh that public comments are disabled.

Re: emotional, unthoughtful comments. I just came back from reading the Sound Science thread about 16-bit versus 24-bit. Christ Almighty, when sound engineers attack each other, it is NOT pretty. Still, it was worth a read. After reading it, I’m not so hell bent on buying 24-bit, 999MHz gold-pressed-latinum remasters of DSOTM, Echos, and the White Album. I should look for music engineered by people whose finished product I like... hmm.

Sep 30, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #39,014 of 149,369
Re: emotional, unthoughtful comments. I just came back from reading the Sound Science thread about 16-bit versus 24-bit. Christ Almighty, when sound engineers attack each other, it is NOT pretty. Still, it was worth a read. After reading it, I’m not so hell bent on buying 24-bit, 999MHz gold-pressed-latinum remasters of DSOTM, Echos, and the White Album. I should look for music engineered by people whose finished product I like... hmm.

Ah, but the gold-pressed-latinum focuses the laser in such a manner that the sound quality exceeds MQA! :smirk_cat:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back