Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 21, 2018 at 7:37 PM Post #29,371 of 150,040
Q: When does Schiit NOT happen?
A: When you try to order a Schiit Mjolnir 2 amp!

You should know that if you order the Schiit Mjolnir 2 amp, you will see it shown as “backordered,” with a shipping date that at this writing is two weeks out, i.e., week of March 6.

If your experience is like mine, once you get within days of that date, the delivery date will be whisked away from you by another two weeks. You will not be told this... you will have to look at the web listing for the Mjolnir 2 to see that the backordered receded by a week or two, which you can confirm by signing in and looking at your individual order’s (new) delivery date.

There is no explanatory email sent, you are left to find the delay yourself.

And it happens repeatedly. When I ordered on December 27, the date had just moved from week of December 29 to week of January 22. Then when I was within a week or so of January 22, the date moved out to week of February 15. Then when I was a week or so from that date, the shipping date moved out to week of February 22.

Now, one day before February 22, it has moved out to week of March 6.

The Schiit Director of Operations informs me that they have been deploying their limited production facilities to products for which they sell more units, including the Magni 3. They don’t really sell that many Mjolnir 2s.

I feel like this poor donkey trying to get the carrot! I understand that Schiit is considering renaming the Mjolnir to the “Mirage.”

I am a Schiit loyalist and have bought a number of pcs. from them but I must say that is terrible. If you ordered in Dec. , and still don't have it and they haven't updated you that really sucks.

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #29,373 of 150,040
From what I understand, Mjolnir 2s are (finally) on the line, but if you'd like to talk to the person who really knows, I'd ask @Alex Martin here--he can give you an accurate update.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 22, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #29,374 of 150,040
YAYYYYY!!!!
05ea4f380af43bc0438c98b1f3f3178f.jpg

frabjous_cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #29,376 of 150,040
From what I understand, Mjolnir 2s are (finally) on the line, but if you'd like to talk to the person who really knows, I'd ask @Alex Martin here--he can give you an accurate update.
I can vouch for this amp being worth the wait. :)

Feb 22, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #29,377 of 150,040
I have indeed sent emails to info@schiit, as well as orders@schiit. I get great info promptly, but so far it had not led to getting a Mjolnir 2 amp promptly. But now...
annie-tomorrow.jpg
I am Eagerly Awaiting seeing a charge for my Mjolnir 2 appear on my credit card, as Schiit quite honorably does not charge for something until they ship it, no matter how long ago you ordered it.

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #29,378 of 150,040
I have indeed sent emails to info@schiit, as well as orders@schiit. I get great info promptly, but so far it had not led to getting a Mjolnir 2 amp promptly.

So basically you are complaining that you are not getting instant gratification? :wink:

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #29,379 of 150,040
So basically you are complaining that you are not getting instant gratification? :wink:

EXACTLY! I ordered the Mjolnir 2 on Dec. 27, 2017 and they were showing it as backordered with shipping scheduled the week of January 29, 2018. There were several slips, with the current shipping estimate being week of March 6, or 6 weeks after the original promised date (and 10 weeks after the order date). Instant Gratification Indeed!

Feb 22, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #29,381 of 150,040

It's the "Amazon Syndrome". There is a lot of it going around.

Feb 22, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #29,384 of 150,040
It's the "Amazon Syndrome". There is a lot of it going around.
Yeah, being promised a four week response and not getting delivery for at least eight weeks with a promise slipped out to ten weeks...very spoiled of me to be concerned. I gotta work on that! :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #29,385 of 150,040
Yeah, being promised a four week response and not getting delivery for at least eight weeks with a promise slipped out to ten weeks...very spoiled of me to be concerned. I gotta work on that! :wink:

If it helps, I would have been pretty anxious by now had I not been told in advance it would be a long wait. I waited a while for my Liquid Carbon and 64Ears A12s to finally be manufactured but in both cases buyers were told upfront "this will be a while." I think Schitt is making and effort to improve on their availability forecasting. Let's hope your experience is the exception in the future. You know the old saying "Schiit happens."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back