Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 5, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #28,967 of 150,578
I know it's not a huge deal, but Octal LISST are finally here. Also new tube options

I think it's great news. Looking forward to try them in my Freya. Less distortion is always welcome.
Will there still be the 14 dB gain on this stage with LISST instead of tubes?

Feb 5, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #28,970 of 150,578
So, for my Saga, take one tube out put one LISST in. But for my Freya, take four tubes out put ?2? LISSTs in? Where exactly? Do I need 4? Thanks,

Take four tubes out, put four LISST in -- or two LISST and two tubes. If you're only swapping two, swap out the voltage gain tubes first.

JC

Feb 5, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #28,973 of 150,578
I know it's not a huge deal, but Octal LISST are finally here. Also new tube options: http://www.schiit.com/about/news/octal-lisst-new-tube-options
Great news.

Also pleasing to see that you're offering current gen TungSols. The Sovteks that came with my Freya were unlistenable to my ears. All sorts of crackly noise.

I'm guessing I wasn't the only one to have difficulties.

The thing that I'd miss with LISST tubes is the heart warning orange glow (especially at night) but that's nice to have.

I think I'll get better value out of not having an "eye catcher" that's followed by fingers that want to touch. My significant other got warm finger tips (once was enough) and my young daughter hasn't had the experience yet. With LISST she shouldn't have to.

Thanks for listening to the user base and keep it up with the good stuff ... and the next installment here as well.. :wink:

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #28,975 of 150,578
Great news.

Also pleasing to see that you're offering current gen TungSols. The Sovteks that came with my Freya were unlistenable to my ears. All sorts of crackly noise.

I'm guessing I wasn't the only one to have difficulties.

The thing that I'd miss with LISST tubes is the heart warning orange glow (especially at night) but that's nice to have.

I think I'll get better value out of not having an "eye catcher" that's followed by fingers that want to touch. My significant other got warm finger tips (once was enough) and my young daughter hasn't had the experience yet. With LISST she shouldn't have to.

Thanks for listening to the user base and keep it up with the good stuff ... and the next installment here as well.. :wink:

Perhaps we need a tube lamp so you can still get the effect. :slight_smile:

Feb 5, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #28,976 of 150,578
Very nice options for Freya now. It's like you read these threads!:beerchug:

I feel sorry for you....:o2smile:

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #28,979 of 150,578
How do the LISST differ from the ss fet preamp mode?
Probably converting single ended inputs to proper balanced output (signal and inverted signal), while JFET only passes the single ended input on using the balanced cable (signal and nothing).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back