Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 10, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #26,446 of 155,083
Nice response!
If I worked for Schiit, I would monitor this thread for all new ideas.
Including the admin ideas.

Ideas related to incoming admin may help them...
They are already great at product design/development, validation, verification and launch, and customer service.
We all know that, because we are customers.

But, incoming CS is a potential area for improvement...as it is for all companies.
It certainly is an opportunity for my company.

All the Best -
RCB

Nov 10, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #26,447 of 155,083
Speaking for myself, I am having more fun than I have ever had with respect to work. My only problems are when I am “writer blocked” on a new product or series of products. Growth is just a result of doing more than 51% of what we do “right”. When, in 7 years you grow from one to 19? (I lose count) products and a garage to 8000 square feet many more repetitive tasks appear. The software I use to lay out PCBs efficiently deals with a class of those, an organizational requirement of which appeared years ago. The ticketing system is another system which appeared as a blindside of wondering who was dealing with a really aggressive customer.

As we grow, also grows a need for new subsets of organization. That organization allows us to get out of our own way and do more of what we really enjoy. If we enjoy what we do, then the odds are you will as well.
Well said, Mike. Much better that I could do.

Nov 11, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #26,450 of 155,083
As we grow, also grows a need for new subsets of organization. That organization allows us to get out of our own way and do more of what we really enjoy. If we enjoy what we do, then the odds are you will as well.
Thank you, you just put into 3 pithy sentences what I've been doing for the last 6 months at work. That, listening to András Schiff's recording of Goldberg Variations (ECM) through my Yggy, and tasting some Bowmore complete my Friday evening.

Nov 11, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #26,452 of 155,083
Speaking for myself, I am having more fun than I have ever had with respect to work. My only problems are when I am “writer blocked” on a new product or series of products. Growth is just a result of doing more than 51% of what we do “right”. When, in 7 years you grow from one to 19? (I lose count) products and a garage to 8000 square feet many more repetitive tasks appear. The software I use to lay out PCBs efficiently deals with a class of those, an organizational requirement of which appeared years ago. The ticketing system is another system which appeared as a blindside of wondering who was dealing with a really aggressive customer.

With that, I have studiously trolled the latest problem solutions forums and found your next 3 service personnel for the new updated automated help desk
1/ the secretary
Robbir Robot animated.gif

2/ The troll detector
Lost in space robot.gif

3/ the problem solver
Dalek exterminate.gif

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #26,453 of 155,083
Dear Schiit experts. At the moment I have a Bifrost multibit and a Lyr 2. For the loudspeakers a use the Lyr as preamp.
In the future a want to improve the setup. The focus is at the headphones.
Now my question: what is better sounding Freya with Jotunheim or a Mjolnir?

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #26,455 of 155,083
Thank you, you just put into 3 pithy sentences what I've been doing for the last 6 months at work. That, listening to András Schiff's recording of Goldberg Variations (ECM) through my Yggy, and tasting some Bowmore complete my Friday evening.
Even only the Bowmore would do the trick for me.

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #26,456 of 155,083
Dear Schiit experts. At the moment I have a Bifrost multibit and a Lyr 2. For the loudspeakers a use the Lyr as preamp.
In the future a want to improve the setup. The focus is at the headphones.
Now my question: what is better sounding Freya with Jotunheim or a Mjolnir?
Mjolnir 2 is absolute endgame for me.

Nov 11, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #26,457 of 155,083
Nov 11, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #26,458 of 155,083
I use them with the 6922's from iFi.
I will test the GE5670's if I can score a good matched pair.
One more advise... I have the LYSST as well but they sound like crap to me. (TO ME!!)
Hold those as spare when extraterrestrials spray a glass dissolving compound on the earth.
And mind you... that will be sooner than later.

Nov 11, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #26,460 of 155,083
Of course, once you HAVE heard the MJ2, you will want to consider some headphones ... like the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open ... excellent pairing IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back