Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Levanter, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Webber1
    They just won an award in Germany: Best product of show overall: Sennheiser HD 660 S

Sennheiser, Deftone and Madmollusk like this.
  2. pietcux
    Too bad that it is matte black, that worsens its light reflection...
    No the pads are actually better and do not create pain, no worries.

3. -ImageX
    Pads are basically the same as HD650 as far as I can tell. Can’t be sure though as I already sold my HD650.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  4. amartignano
    On headfonia report some winners are different :astonished:

5. BobG55
    [​IMG]

trellus, drwlf, Giraku and 5 others like this.
  6. Astral Abyss

• images.jpeg
      Maybe this was their inspiration?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    trellus, BobG55 and Deftone like this.
  7. SHAMuuu
    Hope the judges didn't have their pots sweetened :wink:

[​IMG]

BobG55 and trellus like this.
  8. SHAMuuu

Good Lord what is that???!? :xf_eek:

*sry 4 double post

BobG55 likes this.
  9. L0rdGwyn
    Source puhlease?

10. rkw
    The show was CanJam Europe: https://www.canjam-europe.com/en/best-of-show-award-2/. No mention about how winners are chosen. The organizer of the event got to decide who receives these "awards" and I wouldn't put much weight into it.

11. FancyRobotUnicorn
    Amartignano, I think I saw you on another thread reviewing the HD599's (sorry if that wasn't you). If you've heard HD598's before, could you tell me a bit about how they compare to the HD700, in terms of the sound signature? For example, would you say they sound more like 598's than 600's? I've heard hd600's and wasn't thrilled with them, mostly because of the smaller soundstage, but also wished they had a little more warmth/bass. I know opinions are mixed on the 700's but you seem to love them, and I'm really curious how they sound. I love the signature of the 598's, do you think they sound similar enough that I would like them? I also ask as a fellow classical fan. :)

12. ubs28

What is the name of that headphone?

13. rkw
  14. Webber1
    http://hifipig.com

......"visitors selected their favourites from the products in six categories to vote for their ‘Best In Show’"

L0rdGwyn likes this.
  15. amartignano
    Hi fellow classical fan! Yes it was me! I had also the hd598 (which is almost equal to the hd599 overall). You'll find wider and airier soundstage on the Hd700, but the 598 is maybe more "dense" sounding overall. The Hd700 has admirable detail and air coupled with involving warmness, but with a somewhat weird response in the mid-high region, because of this some timbre are slightly over-analyzed (violins, trumpets). Nevertheless, when ear is accustomed to this (mine was almost suddenly), with the Hd700 I feel a sensation of being in the concert hall like I do live, which is quite unique among the many headphones I had in life. Pure classical fun for me! As always, you have to listen to know if you'll like the Hd700.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017