Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #21,346 of 149,409
That looks very, very nice.

I have to stop reading Head-Fi ... all of that equipment was acquired based on recommendations from this forum ... if I keep reading / listening / and buying ... I'll end up divorced (and she gets the turntable).

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #21,348 of 149,409
I might be misremembering, but I feel like I saw a video where Jason said the GMB is like the BMB but balanced. I suppose if you had the BMB, the biggest upgrade would be straight to the Yggy..

That might be so however a thousand dollars between the GMB and Yggy is significant script. I held off buying anything for a long time because I've enjoyed my Bimby, V2, and HD600 so much. Yes, I want the Yggy like so many however purchasing the GMB and Mjolnir 2 was possible at this time and adding power amp(s) in a bit allows a general upgrade to everything. New speakers next but first eliminating some extra furnishings from the main listening room.

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #21,349 of 149,409
That might be so however a thousand dollars between the GMB and Yggy is significant script. I held off buying anything for a long time because I've enjoyed my Bimby, V2, and HD600 so much. Yes, I want the Yggy like so many however purchasing the GMB and Mjolnir 2 was possible at this time and adding power amp(s) in a bit allows a general upgrade to everything. New speakers next but first eliminating some extra furnishings from the main listening room.

Aaaanddd...it is NOT so. No such video exists. Nor would I ever make such a comment without confirming it with Mike. Remember, I'm the analog guy.

The website, and the book chapters, are excellent sources of information on the products. But, just for the record, Gungnir Multibit and Yggdrasil are very closely related--much more so than Gungnir Multibit and Bifrost Multibit.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #21,351 of 149,409
I want my Vidar now, too..... but I am heading off for a work trip (July 9 to 29), then on a short break to Beervana in New Zealand :L3000:, then another work trip (August 16 to Sept 10 roughly).... so I can (have to?) wait. I would be very disappointed if it was here and I wasn't. I already miss my Schiit when I'm away, so don't want any more separation anxiety.

I will try and coordinate my order and delivery with mid-September. Will be a nice treat to come home to :)

That's a lot of travel - be safe! It's always great coming back home after such an adventure - and especially to new Schiit gear.

Enjoy the travel, and your music!
RCB

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #21,352 of 149,409
I just got my shipping confirmation from Schiit for my Gumby and Mjolnir 2 to host my recently purchased un-modded HD800s. Some might suspect I'm a generation behind with the 800s but I'm still fascinated with so much about them. Bimby and Valhalla 2 will move to my desk with the HD600s. The only interconnects I've got are some copper wired 18" Aurums. Anyone want to suggest a step up from these cables for this setup?

BTW, John Coltrane's Blue Train is filling my room right now. It surprised me in the queue on the heels of some of Kleiber's Beethoven. Those first notes were so so pure! Makes me want to grab the phones and close my eyes but back to work it will be.

Thanks Schiit. Thanks HeadFi community.

Very nice - you'll love the new rig! The GMB and Mjolnir2 are a great pairing - and the HD800. Superb - enjoy your music :)

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #21,353 of 149,409
Aaaanddd...it is NOT so. No such video exists. Nor would I ever make such a comment without confirming it with Mike. Remember, I'm the analog guy.

The website, and the book chapters, are excellent sources of information on the products. But, just for the record, Gungnir Multibit and Yggdrasil are very closely related--much more so than Gungnir Multibit and Bifrost Multibit.

I agree with this but I think you might have quoted the wrong post.

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #21,354 of 149,409
Jun 27, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #21,355 of 149,409
That's a lot of travel - be safe! It's always great coming back home after such an adventure - and especially to new Schiit gear.

Enjoy the travel, and your music!
RCB

Thanks... I for sure enjoy the music, and even when away I have a pretty good portable that works very well (Oppo PM-2, HA-2 running off my laptop or iPad) but the desktop rig is also hooked up to some great speakers and I really miss that. The old amp that will be replaced by the Vidar has seen better days!!

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #21,356 of 149,409
And... Tried the Auralex subwoofer pads for my speakers today, they sound even better than the SVS feets.
One issue down!

Jun 27, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #21,358 of 149,409
Is a schiit show coming up around the corner or at least an announcement of a 2017 schiit show.

There won't be a lot of warning on SchiitShows in the future, I'm afraid, since they'll be held whenever we have a product introduction and streamed from the Schiitr. Totally different ballgame going forward.

However, yes, I hope you'll be seeing LOTS of SchiitShows...and soon. If the stars align, there will be three in July alone. Or we do a triple-flusher. Or some combo thereof. And that's just getting started for the year.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #21,359 of 149,409
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #21,360 of 149,409
"Snotra?" As in Frank?

Francis Albert Sinatra. Yup. My absolute favorite vocalist, male or female. Followed by Ella Fitzgerald, who was a goddess.

No AutoTune for people with talent on loan from the gods. For the most part, todays poopular music is poop, not music. Old? Yup. Grumpy? Check. Right. Damn right. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back