Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #19,606 of 149,451
Hope the new hours work well for everyone. Especially looking forward to the Schiit Shows at the Schiitr when they occur hopefully I can fly out.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #19,608 of 149,451
I have a Dynaco ST70, and a Citation I and II, bought new, and still used, although not on a daily basis.

Just thinking about those vintage pieces and the hours of enjoyment they provided me at some point, puts a smile on my face.

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #19,609 of 149,451
Just got my black Jotunheim, and I really like it. Especially the matte, textured black finish. Any particular reason there are a pair of orange LEDs on the PCB under the vents?

Also, the transformer side of the Jotunheim is really heavy...

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #19,610 of 149,451
Just got my black Jotunheim, and I really like it. Especially the matte, textured black finish. Any particular reason there are a pair of orange LEDs on the PCB under the vents?

Its done to make the Dutch customers feel special.
Orange Schiits and Giggles.
Which reminds me...you guys at Schitt should really make something and call it Giggles.
A cable or something. Then you can finally sell Schiits `n Giggles.

Edit:
Maybe a classy line of fire-extinguishers?

Edit to the edit:
That improves the overall soundquality when placed on or anywhere near my setup.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #19,613 of 149,451
It's California, and we just legalized marijuana - obviously a line of edibles.

Yup...you beat us to it.First sensible country in the world turns out be the United States.(or at least some of those states:)
It still isnt legal over here...just tolerated. Now I hope you guys behave and set a good example so the rest of the world can follow!

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #19,614 of 149,451
Yup...you beat us to it.First sensible country in the world turns out be the United States.(or at least some of those states:)
It still isnt legal over here...just tolerated. Now I hope you guys behave and set a good example so the rest of the world can follow!

Let's not go too far - we only have three states that have legalized it. At the federal level, it's still illegal. As long as you aren't moving it across state lines, everything has been OK so far.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #19,616 of 149,451
Well stated and good advice. Perhaps the changes will be for the good, or to keep the site up and running.

Apr 27, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #19,617 of 149,451
What I'm finding is that I was not automatically subscribed to the threads I was previously following. To get re-subbed, you have to go to Forums and then find the thread. Click on it and then click on "follow thread." I was not re-subbed to either Jason's or Mike's threads. That is annoying, to me.

FWIW,
RCBinTN

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #19,618 of 149,451

Actually, those LEDs are a functional part of the circuit, as well as looking cool.:L3000:

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #19,619 of 149,451
Could you take a picture of the Jot and post it?

3gIZZc6.jpg
1MP6YCk.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back