Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 23, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #16,681 of 149,397
  Vidar is in the 12-week limbo now, yes. Just started last week. Could be a little longer based on how successful the stamped thermal clip is. Could be a little longer if metal slips. Could be a little longer if we screw up. Could be a little longer if we are taken over by evil aliens in the meantime. 

You get the picture. 

No dude. This amp needs to be ready by the end of the month so dealers can display it and it can make the review rounds. If there are any problems or shortcomings you fix it with Vidar MK II. (Of course the reviewers will say the MK I was perfect.) Got it?
angry_face.gif

Oh, wait, you have no dealers to bother with and you send out very few review samples. And you don't release products unless
they work flawlessly and can be assembled in a reasonable manner.

Er, sorry, wrong company. Disregard. 
beyersmile.png

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #16,682 of 149,397
No dude. This amp needs to be ready by the end of the month so dealers can display it and it can make the review rounds. If there are any problems or shortcomings you fix it with Vidar MK II. (Of course the reviewers will say the MK I was perfect.) Got it?:angry_face:

Oh, wait, you have no dealers to bother with and you send out very few review samples. And you don't release products unless
they work flawlessly and can be assembled in a reasonable manner.

Er, sorry, wrong company. Disregard. :beyersmile:  

I am sure it will be obsolete by the time of release anyway.....:p

Jan 24, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #16,685 of 149,397
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 24, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #16,687 of 149,397
Jan 24, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #16,689 of 149,397
  Vidar is in the 12-week limbo now, yes. Just started last week. Could be a little longer based on how successful the stamped thermal clip is. Could be a little longer if metal slips. Could be a little longer if we screw up. Could be a little longer if we are taken over by evil aliens in the meantime. 

You get the picture. 

So, business as usual
atsmile.gif
I admire the fact that Schiit is unabashedly forthright. You take a position and that's that! I'll buy from you for that reason alone.

ray

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #16,690 of 149,397

Ah hell, completely spaced this. Wednesday.

I'm sorry that question may be off topic
I see you used the hd650 and the akg kxx 
Assuming that the k7xx are worth $ 200, and hd6xx(hd650) is also $ 200
Which of these headphones is better sounding in your opinion?
DAC and amp modi2+magni2 
wink_face.gif

Headphones at the moment Hifiman he 350

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #16,691 of 149,397
I have a question about the Freya (two actually): If I want to use a headphone amp in a setup with the Freya, will I have to adjust the volume on both amps?

Also: Has anyone compared Freya and Mjolnir 2 as pre amps? Is there anything that speaks against Mjolnir in a 2 channel setup instead of Freya?

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #16,692 of 149,397
Has anyone here had any problems getting a hold of Schiit customer service? I've been trying to contact them since October, and haven't heard back. I have a broken Modi, and have filled out the form on their web site multiple times, emailed info@schiit.com multiple times, and left voicemail. No one has ever responded and its been a few months. Is this normal for their customer service. Can Jason chime in here?

bugless

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #16,693 of 149,397
  Has anyone here had any problems getting a hold of Schiit customer service? I've been trying to contact them since October, and haven't heard back. I have a broken Modi, and have filled out the form on their web site multiple times, emailed info@schiit.com multiple times, and left voicemail. No one has ever responded and its been a few months. Is this normal for their customer service. Can Jason chime in here?

bugless

If you haven't heard from us, we didn't get the email. Are you sending to info@schiit.com or tech@schiit.com?

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 24, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #16,694 of 149,397
Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually just got an email from Nick. I had been emailing info@schiit.com (tech@schiit.com does not appear anywhere on your site, so I'm not sure how I would know to send an email there), and I filled out the form on your web site so many times in the last few months, even from different computers. I'm glad I finally got someone to reply. I'm just disappointed it has taken so long. I'm really interested in the Vidar, but I don't want to spend that much money if it takes months to get responses when there are problems. I know you guys are busy, but somehow my requests were falling through the cracks. Can you find any record of all the times I've filled out the service form on your web site? The last time I filled it out was today. My name below is the first part of my email address.

bugless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back