Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 24, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #16,696 of 150,899
  Jason,

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually just got an email from Nick. I had been emailing info@schiit.com (tech@schiit.com does not appear anywhere on your site, so I'm not sure how I would know to send an email there), and I filled out the form on your web site so many times in the last few months, even from different computers. I'm glad I finally got someone to reply. I'm just disappointed it has taken so long. I'm really interested in the Vidar, but I don't want to spend that much money if it takes months to get responses when there are problems. I know you guys are busy, but somehow my requests were falling through the cracks. Can you find any record of all the times I've filled out the service form on your web site? The last time I filled it out was today. My name below is the first part of my email address.

bugless

I just searched the info@ email queue--no emails to us until today.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 24, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #16,697 of 150,899
bugless78,

Are you sure there isn't anything in your email that would cause it to get sent to spam or something? I recommend using a gmail address as well. Every time I have emailed Schiit, I've gotten a response within one or two days from them.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #16,698 of 150,899

I've had a gmail account for longer than I can remember, and I'm all too familiar with how spam works, so that's not the issue. My problem started in October '16, and I filled out the support form on their web site. After nothing for a week, I filled it out again, and many more times (from different computers even), then emailed info@schiit.com in November. Filled out the form a few more times in the last month without response until today, when I got a response after sending an email and mentioning that I hadn't received a response for months now and would be posting my experience on head-fi.org. Within minutes I had a response, so 
beerchug.gif

I'm hopeful that this will all be resolved soon. RMAF was in October, so I am sure they were very busy with that. Either that, or the support form on their web site is broken. I'm guessing I filled that out a dozen times since October without a single response. I only received a response after my email today to info@schiit.com. 

bugless

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #16,699 of 150,899
I had a similar experience but got it resolved quickly.

For whatever reason, using the forms on their website apparently failed to work. Outlook (Hotmail ?  Which I don't think I use or even have set up) would open a MS Office E-Mail document form of some sort whenever I used their contact links. Never worked for me, something in my OS or E-mail settings perhaps but no matter.

By using the correct E-Mail address directly in my (Plain vanilla?) Outlook E-Mail program instead of using their website form, it has worked without fail the 6 or 7 times I've E-Mailed them over the past 9 months which is when I first started dealing with Schiit.

Edit: Also, response was always within 24 hours unless I sent it on a Saturday or Sunday.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #16,700 of 150,899
Weird, I'll look into why the form might be flaky.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 24, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #16,703 of 150,899
  Schiit often replies to e-mails in minutes and at most a day.  Somebody has to fall thru the cracks, sorry it was you.  Schiit has the friendliest most helpful customer service I have ever dealt with in audio.  They actually answer questions honestly and don't try to upsell you.

Yeah this is not normal, I have Gotten responses to emails sometimes at midnight on weekends with in minutes of sending the original email as well, with very helpful and to the point responses. Bugless this is not typical, I am sure they will get you squared away.

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #16,705 of 150,899

I've had a gmail account for longer than I can remember, and I'm all too familiar with how spam works, so that's not the issue. My problem started in October '16, and I filled out the support form on their web site. After nothing for a week, I filled it out again, and many more times (from different computers even), then emailed info@schiit.com in November. Filled out the form a few more times in the last month without response until today, when I got a response after sending an email and mentioning that I hadn't received a response for months now and would be posting my experience on head-fi.org. Within minutes I had a response, so 
beerchug.gif

I'm hopeful that this will all be resolved soon. RMAF was in October, so I am sure they were very busy with that. Either that, or the support form on their web site is broken. I'm guessing I filled that out a dozen times since October without a single response. I only received a response after my email today to info@schiit.com. 

bugless

Sorry about this man, it looks like it will be better to just email directly the next time round (i.e. don't use the form in the website)?

Most of us do that and gotten really quick responses

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #16,706 of 150,899

Sorry about this man, it looks like it will be better to just email directly the next time round (i.e. don't use the form in the website)?

Most of us do that and gotten really quick responses

​The usb input on my Yggy died yesterday and I used the form late yesterday afternoon and this morning had a reply and early this afternoon my RA number. That's all of about 20 hours. Sometimes oddball things as well as Schiit happens.

Jan 24, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #16,708 of 150,899
  Hey all, 

I’m Jason Stoddard, the co-founder (with Mike Moffat) of Schiit Audio. You may have seen some of my posts on Head-fi. But you haven’t heard the full story of Schiit…why we started the company, how we’ve grown from June 2010 to today, the good stuff…and the bad stuff. 

So, in a burst of insanity, I thought, “Why not turn this into a book?” 

Why? Well, in addition to Schiit, I’ve written plenty of stuff, including about 30 published stories and 3 books. Jude and the team at Head-fi were kind enough to provide this space for me to serialize this story. The plan is to post a chapter a week until it’s done, which should take us through the summer. 

Now, you may be wondering, “Why the heck should I read some crazy book about Schiit?” Well, there’s nobody forcing you to. But if you’re interested in the inner workings of a true by-the-bootstraps startup (did you know we started in a garage, with no external investment?) or if you’ve been thinking about starting your own business (beyond the usual platitudes of “hey, you should incorporate, and there’s this stuff called ‘cash flow’ and stuff), or if you’re just curious about how a modern audio company works (from who’s actually engineering the gear, to how it gets made, to the ups and downs of the day to day working of the company), you may enjoy it, or find it helpful and informative if you want to start a company yourself. I have no illusions that this will be the next business best-seller—if it ever makes it into print—but I’m having fun writing it, and I’m hoping you’ll like reading it.

Disclaimer: there’ll be plenty of technical stuff in here, because, after all, I am an engineer. You won’t have to understand it all, but you may be more entertained if you have a techy side. Later on, there’ll be some early photos from Schiit, as well as a video or two, that have never been seen before.

For ease of reference, I’m putting the outline here. The chapters will be linked as they are added. 

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy it!

All the best,
Jason Stoddard

Schiit Happened: 
The Story of the World’s 
Most Improbable Start-Up

By Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder, Schiit Audio

Unbelievable timing on this Jason. I am completely new to Head-Fi and although a real music junkie, stepping my game up slowly but surely and slowly making my way around this incredible utopia of all things Head Fi. Generally really impressed with the community, and the timing of reading part of your thread is I was speaking with your EU Sales Manager as am looking to purchase my 1st....Yes, First AMP & DAC combo which i have decided on spending a little more on the Jotunheim and having the DAC module fitted as well. Then a couple cables and it works out not exactly cheap, but most certainly high praised goodies but a few years worth of musical enjoyment awaiting. Would love the Fulla 2 as 3 different people have mentioned it now but will have to save more pennies.

So I will be a proud Schiit customer in a few weeks when I have got the funds together.

Mark is absolutely first rate. Swifty replies, informative and a pleasure to work with,

Look forward to taking some time to read your book a chapter or two at a time. 

Cheers :)

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #16,709 of 150,899
there at some problems with the freya manual. The one that came with my freya says tubes are front(gain) and rear (output). The online pdf says left, right.

Both pdf and shipped manual say 5 rca in 2 rca out. Also they claim pressing the mute button turns off the input light. Shrug. Great device though. Very satisfied with it

Edit. Also the getting started stuff says to turn it on twice. 3. Plug it in and turn it on. 7. Power it up, turn it up, and enjoy your music.
If turn it on and power it up don't mean the same thing please explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back