Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 22, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #16,653 of 150,893
  I am not sure if this notion has been floated..but a cool idea would be to offer an optional Mani board for the Freya.
That would be cool for some people. 
smile_phones.gif

I'm curious as to why you don't think the free-standing Mani is good enough? Or that people that wanted a preamp with a built-in phono stage wouldn't just buy the Jotenheim with the phono module?

Neither the Freya nor the Saga are designed to have internal replaceable boards.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #16,654 of 150,893

I think that would make more sense for the Saga price level, TBH.

At the Freya price point, I think most buyers shopping at that tier would prefer a stand alone phono. I know I would / do.

I don't agree actually. I see there are countless affordable integrated amps with on board phono from Marantz, Rotel, and similar.
And I see a lot of smaller boutique guys like Aric Audio making preamps with phono. No biggie. Just a thought.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #16,655 of 150,893

I'm curious as to why you don't think the free-standing Mani is good enough? Or that people that wanted a preamp with a built-in phono stage wouldn't just buy the Jotenheim with the phono module?

Neither the Freya nor the Saga are designed to have internal replaceable boards.

Actually it has nothing to do with good enough or not. I know a lot of folks who want one box for all preamplification. No extra cables, and power supplies. 

I guess my model is Rogue preamps, which I have always liked a lot, and they all have onboard high quality phono. 

BTW, the Mani is pretty much my next purchase unless the Vidar is available really soon.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #16,656 of 150,893
Actually it has nothing to do with good enough or not. I know a lot of folks who want one box for all preamplification. No extra cables, and power supplies. 

I guess my model is Rogue preamps, which I have always liked a lot, and they all have onboard high quality phono. 

BTW, the Mani is pretty much my next purchase unless the Vidar is available really soon.

The mani is amazing. Period. Money well spent.

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #16,658 of 150,893
  I don't agree actually. I see there are countless affordable integrated amps with on board phono from Marantz, Rotel, and similar.
And I see a lot of smaller boutique guys like Aric Audio making preamps with phono. No biggie. Just a thought.

But the Freya isn't an integrated amp.

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #16,660 of 150,893
The bottom line is anyone who bases their opinions on some one else's opinion from Stereophile or any other site/magazine/store/forum is a fool.  Don't believe the hype: try things for yourself and decide.  Measurements and specs are only numbers and describe design criteria.  What matters is how you think it sounds not how it measures.  Period.

Also, Schiit never once said anything about the bit-depth resolutions of any of their DACs other than the truth.  So what is Atkinson bitching about?  That he didn't believe them? 

100% agree

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #16,662 of 150,893
I won't be surprised if the Manhatten Project will be named Götterdämmerung :p

But gotterdammerung is just german for ragnarok...

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #16,663 of 150,893
  Although I have yet to own any thing of theirs, I would sooner be a Schiitite™ than a frAudiophile™.

The former are realistic in their approach and appreciation of both music and the equipment that brings it to them.  And the latter?  OCD.

Points on a spectrum.  There are nutty Schiit customers, too.   If you truly have audiophilia nervosa, Schiit ownership isn't going to cure it.

Jan 22, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #16,664 of 150,893
I don't believe anything I read off the bat anyway, no matter what source or magazine. A healthy dose of skepticism a day keeps the falsehood away ;3 That being said, I can't praise Schiit enough, after finishing every chapter of Schiit Happened during a binge week. As someone who has very little disposable income, even a Modi Multibit is a large investment, I owe them a debt of gratitude for making such amazing products available for people like me who can't afford to spend more than $1000 on any one component (my entire setup will have cost less than that by the time I'm done). Jason, Mike, just do what you've always done, and ignore the naysayers. We'll be here to support you.

Cheers Schiit, you've earned another loyal fan <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back