Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jul 20, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #7,097 of 149,685

Obviously you guys have never heard about the Mars Climate Orbiter. 
wink.gif

You can blame the persistence of the imperial system of measurement on American engineering.  After WWII as one of the dominant economies left standing, global engineering projects, equipment design advances and consumer products were all driven by entrenched mathematical tools based on imperial units.

When I degreed in chemistry in college, all my science related coursework was based in the metric system, but when I changed to post-grad engineering, I had to get used to doing everything in imperial units again.

Jul 20, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #7,098 of 149,685
  Please give generously to the Society for Educating the Satire Challenged.  The humor you save might be your own.

Where do I send the check?  I guess The Advanced Math Never really took either, If Memory serves me right the good people of the City of Detroit seem to have a problem with a balanced budget.

Moving on

I also gave it to Mike. He listened for, like, 5 seconds in the shop, then picked up the prototype and put it in his bag.

Hilarious, Mike Practically Mugged Jason. I am currently enjoying a Vali Now. For Something that started off on a whim while trolling the web and stumbling on some random tubes and then was the victim of a crime. It is a great Hybrid amp. I Agree it can be bit bright but That's where the transducer selection makes a difference. I Plugged in a Pair of Grado SR 80e's and while the Grado's Sounded really good female vocals especially became unbearable to me(That Grado Signature sound was always a matter of debate for me but that's for another post). Where As with The AT M50X's The Vali Impressed the hell out of me and with my mediocre Can Selection this is my combo of choice. The H/K CL's which seemed somewhat lacking in the mid to upper range became very lively with the Vali. Not Knocking any company as they all make Good products However it goes to show that the combination of Amp and Transducer can make a difference. Ill spring for some Fancier Headphones Eventually. Maybe After the [Redacted] Is released.

P.S. I would Really Like to hear Mikes Side of that Story

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #7,099 of 149,685
Imperial or metric doesn't really matter when you have a ton, tonne, metric ton and short ton. That's tons of them.

Take your pick because they are all HEAVY....    
blink.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #7,103 of 149,685
Jul 20, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #7,105 of 149,685
  Imperial or metric doesn't really matter when you have a ton, tonne, metric ton and short ton. That's tons of them.

Take your pick because they are all HEAVY....    
blink.gif

There's that word again.  Is something wrong with gravity in the future?

Jul 20, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #7,106 of 149,685
tongue.gif
Quote:

The working prototype name for the Fulla was the Dingleberry.  It almost made it to release but wiser and less humorous sensibilities prevailed and it became Fulla Schiit.

I hope you know what a Dingleberry is. Some know it as a Winnet. I'd get banned for calling a product that name. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back