Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Oct 5, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #2,986 of 149,394
I guess maybe I'm just not too swift, but this exchange makes no sense at all to me. What is the point, the way to go between A and B? Are you trying to say that it's not the destination, but the journey that matters? If so, and you're saying that is the case with audio, I absolutely disagree. If that's not what you mean, then I can't agree or disagree, 'cause I don't know what the heck you guys are talking about. 

Us car guys sometimes go on drives just for the journey, ni real destination, just a drive. I know I'm only 15, but I find myself yearning,for a decent set of wheels and some time to just drive. Just like how some people see audio and music as a way to just past time, or as background to whatever they're doing, while wee see it as a hobby and a pastime. Listening to music for the music, going on a drive for the drive. Similar concepts. Its also similar, in both are niches, and both have a sparse high end, More people have a Turbo 4AGE,compared to those with a Group A 4AGE, just like how a lot more people have a Grado SR60, than those who have a PS1000.

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #2,989 of 149,394
What I'm expecting from them is a preamp, maybe using Vali's topology (with more than two tubes) with a good amount of inputs and more than one output. This way that's gonna be one of the cheapest tube preamp in the market.

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,990 of 149,394
I'm still surprised that Jude has announced the Schiit Fulla in the CanJam preview and no one is talking about it in here, yet!

Yeah, that may be the only product that I can afford to buy at CanJam. Since this is my first CanJam I'm curious; are all exhibitors ready to go at noon on Friday, or will they still be getting setup through the day? Similarly, will they all be set up 'til the bitter end on Sunday, or will some cut out early. The reason I ask is that I only have a two day pass and was trying to pick days.

Sorry, wrong thread. I forgot which thread I was in. I love getting old.

Oct 5, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #2,991 of 149,394
IIRC, Schiit won't be selling anything at RMAF.
Like last year the Vali was available for demo but not for public sale until weeks later.

Oct 5, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #2,992 of 149,394
the price point of $79 for the Fulla amp/dac combo sounds quite competitive. I am glad that schiit is venturing into the more budget friendly niche as they go into the crazy ultra-expensive niche as well.

Oct 5, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #2,993 of 149,394
Yeah, I probably should've said "...the only product to be exhibited at CanJam that I can afford to buy." I don't imagine I'd buy anything in that context. I'm not really an impulse buyer, even at $80.

Oct 5, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #2,994 of 149,394
Stock 1/4 mile times for 60s muscle cars are 16s and 17s. Forget the civic, a modern minivan can best that. Muscle cars only generate prestige amongst other owners. For the rest of us they are noisy, smelly relics and, much like that weird uncle, we are glad to only have to see them on Sundays.
Funny how much they have in common with vinyl! Endless tinkering to get things running "right", and you still end up with barely adequate performance. $1000 for your "decent" vinyl rig? I can spend $60 on a clip and hd201s and get both objectively and subjectively superior performance.

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #2,995 of 149,394
Stock 1/4 mile times for 60s muscle cars are 16s and 17s. Forget the civic, a modern minivan can best that. Muscle cars only generate prestige amongst other owners. For the rest of us they are noisy, smelly relics and, much like that weird uncle, we are glad to only have to see them on Sundays.
Funny how much they have in common with vinyl! Endless tinkering to get things running "right", and you still end up with barely adequate performance. $1000 for your "decent" vinyl rig? I can spend $60 on a clip and hd201s and get both objectively and subjectively superior performance.

+1, I don't know about the "subjectively" part though, unless you specifically limit it to yourself. Don't forget that the term subjective includes everybody's confirmation bias, placebo effect, etc. You know the old "You can't possibly know how it sounds to me..." thing, which I suppose is pretty hard to argue with.

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #2,996 of 149,394
  +1, I don't know about the "subjectively" part though, unless you specifically limit it to yourself. Don't forget that the term subjective includes everybody's confirmation bias, placebo effect, etc. You know the old "You can't possibly know how it sounds to me..." thing, which I suppose is pretty hard to argue with.

You are correct. It's like arguing with creationists where the answer to any tough question is "the lord works in mysterious ways".

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #2,997 of 149,394
the price point of $79 for the Fulla amp/dac combo sounds quite competitive. I am glad that schiit is venturing into the more budget friendly niche as they go into the crazy ultra-expensive niche as well.

So, we've got Raggy, Yggy, Mani, and Fulla on the roster for Schiit, but that brings us up a bit short of the full number that Jason hinted at. Anyone want to speculate about that for the next four days?

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #2,998 of 149,394

So, we've got Raggy, Yggy, Mani, and Fulla on the roster for Schiit, but that brings us up a bit short of the full number that Jason hinted at. Anyone want to speculate about that for the next four days?

It doesn't have to happen within the next 4 days, only before the end of the year. 

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back