Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #2,746 of 149,428

I too would urge Schiit to create an ADC/DAC, on the highest quality platform available (not too late to mod Ygg, hint hint.) Only problem is Schiit's tradition of not combining functions on one chassis. However, if the new Fulla does turn out to be a USB stick-type DAC/amp, then they've tossed that rule out the window so anything is possible. Meanwhile, I gave up waiting and bought a PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter.

Enjoyed Jason's latest chapter - got me thinking of Schiit as the spiritual successor to Bell Labs.

Sep 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #2,747 of 149,428
  Actually, I was saying that you should take a look at that thread again. I am very familiar with our responses, and we did not engage in personal attacks on NwAvGuy, except for one single post asking him to step forward from anonymity. It's funny how human emotion works. It's instructive to look at how NwAvGuy reacted to negative input on his own products, as well.

You can also take a look at the chapter I wrote, and NwAvGuy's own writings about us, for two other perspectives.

If we hadn't engaged in the thread, and told everyone what we found, and what we were going to do, the damage would have been much worse. And, even then, this has reached the level of dogma in some circles--there are forums out there that still reject Schiit products with knee-jerk animosity, based largely on the Asgard Incident. It gets very tiresome to hear, over and over again, even 3 years later. We recalled the Asgards. There's an offer in perpetuity to retrofit any with relays. I know it's impossible, but can we simply move on?

I read some of the NwAvGuy's rants about Schiit gear. Also read lots of other comments and reviews as well as how SA dealt with the original Asgard issues. I bought a Magni, really liked the product and the company's off-beat persona. I then got a Bifrost Uber and now an Asgard 2. Just really like the no-BS attitude and well made gear. Thanks Schiit Audio!

Tim

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #2,749 of 149,428

Keep in mind that many of the Schiit products on Amazon are priced around $10 higher than ordering directly from Schiit. I have a Prime membership so I don't pay shipping on top of that, but most of the products I've ordered direct cost less than $10 to ship. So if you have Amazon Prime and order "A" stock Schiit gear, the only real benefit is that you may receive the package a couple of days sooner if you live in the middle or East Coast of the US.

Yes, I'm aware.  The only reason I asked is because I have a prime membership as well.  Gotta love that free two day shipping.

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #2,750 of 149,428
  Yes, I'm aware.  The only reason I asked is because I have a prime membership as well.  Gotta love that free two day shipping.

Gotta hate the sales tax though, where it is...

Sep 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #2,752 of 149,428
Sep 18, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #2,755 of 149,428
Hmmpf. On a whim, just checked for Schiit stuff on Amazon.ca in Canada:

And that does not include shipping… Amazon is not always your friend.

FWIW Schiit would charge about $40 shipping for a Valhalla - so about US$390 (~CAD$430) delivered, not including duties. Quite a delta from $620, eh?

Sep 18, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #2,756 of 149,428
Hello Valiant66 ,

I've been shipping to Canada for the last decade , it's pricy ( from Detroit area ) .   On the plus side , Canada has the nicest people on the Planet  , I travel Internationally for my Business , I dream about living in Windsor , Vancouver , and a few other places up there .   On balance , you are the better .   

Tony in Michigan 

ps. of-course , the grass is always greener "somewhere" else which is probably why you are buying something "better" .   

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #2,757 of 149,428

Kuhchuk,

All of our Amazon fulfilled and most of our merchant fulfilled stock is new a-stock product.  The only exception being the listings for b-stock product.   We do offer some b-stock on Amazon as it becomes available.  The b-stock is clearly labeled as b-stock in the title of the Amazon listing. 

I just looked at our Amazon listings.  It looks like I need to check the b-stock shelf and update my inventory, there isn't much on there at the moment.  When I list b-stock is tends to disappear very quickly.  A few weeks ago I put 11 Asgard 2 B-stocks up for sale on a Friday afternoon and they were sold out by Monday.  

Last Christmas we started working with Amazon fulfillment and it is by far our fastest growing sales platform.  Amazon fulfillment is a program where we ship our products to Amazon's warehouses.  Amazon handles ordering, payments, shipping, and returns in exchange for a percentage of the sale.  We still handle support and warranty services.  Overall it has worked well for us.  We usually end up sending them a few pallets of product each week.  Number one rule for working with Amazon as a merchant is to remember that you are swimming in their pool and they make the rules.

Thanks for the info Alex.

Do the slightly higher (looks like around $10/product) prices on Amazon cover the percentage of the sale that Amazon gets for the kickback on the program?  I've made my 3 schiit purchases on your website, as I have not been in any major rushes, and would rather buy direct when its feasible to keep too many hands out of the pockets.  I do use Amazon a ton and have a prime membership, but haven't purchased any schiit gear for the reasons I mentioned before.

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #2,758 of 149,428
  Hello Valiant66 ,

I've been shipping to Canada for the last decade , it's pricy ( from Detroit area ) .   On the plus side , Canada has the nicest people on the Planet  , I travel Internationally for my Business , I dream about living in Windsor , Vancouver , and a few other places up there .   On balance , you are the better .   

Tony in Michigan 

ps. of-course , the grass is always greener "somewhere" else which is probably why you are buying something "better" .   

Hello from Windsor! I deliver auto parts to the GM plant in Lake Orion. Love the folks there.

Sep 19, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #2,759 of 149,428
For Schiit stuff in Canada, check out Headphone Bar.. for example, Val2 is 390 + 9.95 (+Taxes) shipping can that's Canadian $
Don't forget exchange ordering directly from Schiit at approx 10% plus duties/taxes

Quote:
  Hmmpf. On a whim, just checked for Schiit stuff on Amazon.ca in Canada:
And that does not include shipping… Amazon is not always your friend.
FWIW Schiit would charge about $40 shipping for a Valhalla - so about US$390 (~CAD$430) delivered, not including duties. Quite a delta from $620, eh?

Sep 19, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #2,760 of 149,428
I just realized. This is probably the best marketing of your products I have seen in a very long time. And here is the best part: Its actually not the type of marketing that people hate, but the type they like.
Smart thinking Jason :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back