Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Sep 3, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #2,477 of 150,839
I've dealt with Schiit's customer service...

Laura fixed up my Valhalla order (I ordered one of the limited black finish ones but received silver). She got everything turned around in a day.

Nick has answered a couple of questions from me, and I do think both responses were returned in under 45 minutes.

You're definitely doing it right. Thanks for (actually) having good customer service :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #2,478 of 150,839
One thing I hate to see here as a Forum member is "bad customers" logging on here and attempt to bully for attention by griping here when we all know if they contacted Schitt about their problems it would be handled in a like it not fashion. Like the guy from EU bitching about how he has to pay more and wait so long, like this is news to him some how. or the guy who complains here how his entitled azz wasn't kissed just right by Alex.   What I do see is 20-30 pl posting in support of Schitt off the bat and giving whats coming to the poster for being a bad costumer. Schitt has no need to defend them selves here with a large base of satisfied customers watching their back. This respect is earned. I don't have a Schitt product, but regardless, I see the respect they have earned the hard way. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #2,479 of 150,839
I honestly cannot comprehend that level of complete...I don't even know what to call it.
I don't think I could have even thought of the way they acted if I was trying to cheat the devil himself.

Also, did not know that you sold B-stock! Definitely learn something new everyday. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #2,482 of 150,839
  That guy was definitely a bold a**hole!

Ooh - I need a "Bold A**hole" t-shirt to go along with my "Fat person" one!

(No, I'm *not* the Worst Customer Ever, I just like that phrase!)

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #2,485 of 150,839
Honestly, I was looking forward to read a more dramatic story... Glad Schiit team won this battle! 
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #2,486 of 150,839

Agree with you about copyright - you don't have to file (register) for copyright protection to apply, but it's cheap ($85 per "work" in the US) and does provide advantages, particularly re documentation.  Patents, I'd have to say it depends on whether there is prior art and how quickly reverse-engineerable your tech is.  If it's not quickly reverse-engineerable, keeping it secret may be a better idea (e.g., the formula for Coke).  For audio filters, I'd say most in my experience are rapidly reverse-engineerable, so patent could be a good idea; on the other hand there is (for most audio filters up to this point) sufficient prior art that a patent may not be granted.

Yep.  Although I have had patents issued for software, they have often been design patents for application rather than for innovation.  I suspect if the algorithm developed for the Yggdrasil DAC or the Ragnarok microprocessor control software are unique, they might be patentable.  They are both certainly eligible for Trademark registration as well as Copyright protection.

Sep 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #2,487 of 150,839
  He tried to play it off: “Thank you for the gift of the Mjolnir, in compensation for your poor customer service,” the smug person emailed.

This guy is an evil genius! LOL 

Sep 3, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #2,488 of 150,839
Treat people like you want to be treated.  It is a simple rule that has somehow gotten lost in this world of mega corporations and make-a-buck-at-any-cost mentalities.  Having said that, working in customer service changes you.  You start out fat, dumb, and happy.  You are eager to please and strive to do your best.  Then that gets chipped away by the angry emails, swearing, threats, outright lies, and fraud.  I've been told to ****** off, go ****** myself, ****** you, and I had one very upset gentleman in Thailand tell me to sit on his big... I'll let you finish that one on your own. 

90% of the time I give the customer what they want.  Extra time to test their gear because they had to unexpectedly go out of town.  No problem.  Waive restocking because the customer decided to return the Valhalla and go with the the Lyr.  No problem.  10% of the time, I have to say no.  No, you can't pay us Tuesday for an Asgard today.  No, I won't send you a free upgrade card for your Bifrost because FedEx delivered your package a day late, but let me see if I can get a refund on shipping.  No, I can't make the customs officials in Dubai process your package any faster.  Sir, we've already sent you two Valhallas and neither of them "worked" in your setup but both worked perfectly here.  No, we won't send you a third but we'll be happy to take that Valhalla and give you your money back.

My favorite thing is when a customer tries to play Jason, Nick, Laura, or I against each other.  There are four of us.  We have this thing in our company that not a lot of people get to experience.  Trust.  We trust that each person is doing their best.  We trust each person's judgement.  We trust that they are going to do the right thing.  We trust that they are doing their best.  When someone tries to play us against each other, we compare notes, decide how to handle it, and then move forward with one person on point. 

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #2,489 of 150,839
It looks like he's banned from Head-Fi as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586153/yulong-sabre-d18-thread-reviews-impressions-discussion-full-review-added-2-5/915#post_9593762

Sep 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #2,490 of 150,839
Yup. I sold him a custom white HD800, which he thrashed and tried to drag my name through the mud. He worked with Artemis Cables, fwiw (both scams) I still repaired them and sent them back. Pitty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back