Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 15, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #751 of 150,432

Yeah, it's something about it being a Universal Serial Bus or something...

biggrin.gif

Let me put my comment in perspective.

Some time ago when we were still married, our pool was being re-plastered. As they were finishing up and starting to refill the pool with water, my ex came out of the house and remarked how wonderful the new pool looked - and asked me when they were going to add the blue dye to the pool water.

She would not have known what USB stood for, either.

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #752 of 150,432

Some time ago when we were still married, our pool was being re-plastered. As they were finishing up and starting to refill the pool with water, my ex came out of the house and remarked how wonderful the new pool looked - and asked me when they were going to add the blue dye to the pool water.

Hahaha, I'm glad I'm not alone in my experiences. I believe we all know someone like that.

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #753 of 150,432

...wow.

Well I didn't quite mean that "everyone" knows what USB stands for. My point was the the "universal" nature means that most people know what it is, even if they don't know how it works or what the acronym stands for.

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #755 of 150,432
Someone once told me that the "USP" connector had been invented by the Brown Van Delivery service and that Microsoft had stolen the idea for use in computers.

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #756 of 150,432
My mother once jammed a 1/8" plug into the usb port on the front of her computer. Her response... "isn't it supposed to be universal"?

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #758 of 150,432
Granted, my mother is just computer savvy enough to ask for my help when... "I can't find the google in my mozarella" (I'll give you a second to figure that one out).

Apr 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #760 of 150,432
  Granted, my mother is just computer savvy enough to ask for my help when... "I can't find the google in my mozarella" (I'll give you a second to figure that one out).

I hate when that happens 
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #761 of 150,432
Or the penultimate computer story of how a majorly pissed off user is going to sue MS because her mouse has scratched her screen…

Creativity knows no bounds…

JJ

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #764 of 150,432
I'm sure you all remember the urban lore about the Dell tech support guy helping someone find the CDROM drive sled, only to discover that the user thought it was a cup-holder...
I totally believe that happened. I had a call from an older lady that was having issues controlling her mouse. She had it on the floor and was trying to use it like a sewing machine petal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back