Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #148,336 of 149,769
Ahhhh. Effective! I suppose if results were really bad you could escalate with Krystal burger meetings.... 🤣

1713392124273.png
I should not disturb fond memories. In my college years, the only 'restaurant' open in the wee hours was Krystal and the night manager was a smokin' buddy. Don't bogart me.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #148,338 of 149,769
I'm def missing something with that. Can you elaborate?
I can turn it up louder if that helps :)
Well, I was thinking if you weren't boogieing then maybe you needed more "jump factor." Turns out, I misunderstood what "jump factor" is:
The Triangle speaker opened my ears to what could be achieved with a very different approach: still-low coloration but high sensitivity, impressive clarity, and a hefty dose of what the late J. Gordon Holt called "jump factor," in which the leading edges of transients are neither smeared nor tamed.
https://www.stereophile.com/content/dali-rubicon-8-loudspeaker

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #148,339 of 149,769
My gal's washer died and I did a cursory bit of research. Apparently Speed Queen is the brand for longevity and reliability. I couldn't find a dealer in Calgary though...
We have a pair of Queens in the laundry room that are very utilitarian looking, and just do their job very well.
Huge basin top loader with agitator that'll breeze through anything we've thrown at it, and an equally formidable dryer.
American-made for folks who take that kind of thing into consideration, and carries a nice warranty if we ever need it.
Not sure about Canadian distribution, but may be worth an email to find out ...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #148,341 of 149,769
I should not disturb fond memories. In my college years, the only 'restaurant' open in the wee hours was Krystal and the night manager was a smokin' buddy. Don't bogart me.
I downed my share during those wee-hour college days too. And lived, kind of. But after graduating we discovered that a couple dozen Krispy Kremes hot off the conveyor was a much better way to soak up alcohol. 🤣

1713394590605.png

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #148,342 of 149,769
I don't see the problem. Beer's just liquid bread.
Thanks for this, never looked at it that way. One to remember for sure!

I guess that probably makes Whisky just a concentrated bread?

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #148,345 of 149,769
Thanks for this, never looked at it that way. One to remember for sure!

I guess that probably makes Whisky just a concentrated bread?
I liken it more to a liquid cereal.

I don't even mind if one drinks for breakfast.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #148,347 of 149,769
I downed my share during those wee-hour college days too. And lived, kind of. But after graduating we discovered that a couple dozen Krispy Kremes hot off the conveyor was a much better way to soak up alcohol. 🤣

1713394590605.png
My son worked late night at Krispy Kreme. A frequent promo was buy a dozen, get a free dozen. I would pull-in at the drive-thru squawkbox and order the 'free dozen'. It's free, just give me the free dozen. Around and around. Finally, f-off and I would pull up to the window. Oh, it's you!

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #148,349 of 149,769
My son worked late night at Krispy Kreme. A frequent promo was buy a dozen, get a free dozen. I would pull-in at the drive-thru squawkbox and order the 'free dozen'. It's free, just give me the free dozen. Around and around. Finally, f-off and I would pull up to the window. Oh, it's you!
Nothing better than giving the offspring a hard time. 😆

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:55 PM Post #148,350 of 149,769
All right. Caught up. Now I'm off to read the Dual 1019 service manual...
You as bored with the discussion of home appliances as I am? 😒

Users who are viewing this thread

Back