Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #148,306 of 149,790
Ours is full of plastic bags from the grocery store. Like cardboard, you can never have enough plastic bags. šŸ˜†
Yup... I got to use it only once

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #148,307 of 149,790
I was trying to motivate people, not punish them. šŸ¤£

When I moved to GA I had to give up NC BBQ, but at least there was Bojangles. Now in OK, there's no NC BBQ or Bojangles. I'm obviously doing something totally wrong here. :frowning2:
Same idea of motivation but different techniques. It was shape up, improve or we'll have more meetings with dollar biscuits.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #148,308 of 149,790
Somewhere out in the internets you should be able to find an old Dilbert showing a Post-It-clad Wally admitting to sending out bogus meeting notices so he could forage off of the leftover donuts and the like. Around here, people are literally waiting in the breakroom for the two dozen donuts brought in on Friday morning. The office has around 60 people. There aren't even crumbs or sprinkles left.
One of the grossest things I ever saw was a cookie tray that was left out in the open for I don't know HOW long. Stuff turned green and had HAIR growing out of it. A rarely used training room sat extra idle over a holiday break.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #148,309 of 149,790
Let us now proceed on the sinewave to smart toilets featuring Flush Nexus (TM).

No, not our next business.
We purchased two Ove (Canadian) Smart Toilets and they did not last two years. Replaced them with chair-height Kohler porcelain thrones fitted with TOL Swash bidet seats, and no complaints for the past 5 years.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:42 PM Post #148,310 of 149,790
I've had my LG washer and dryer for 10 years with no problems at all. For TVs, I much prefer Sony though.

It's funny how individual experiences can vary. The one brand I absolutely avoid at all cost: Sony.

My family had tonnes of Sony gear in the 1980's. Virtually all of it failed within 10 years, much of it much quicker.

Our experiences with Sony were so bad that I avoided Sony for over two decades until I decided to give them another chance in 2021 and bought a 77" A80J OLED. I figured things must have changed in 30 years, right?

The A80J was as dead as a doorknob within 16 months. Costco tech. said the panel had failed and wrote it off.

I used my refund to buy an 83" LG C2. Good riddance, Sony.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #148,311 of 149,790
I always thought the consensus was that the song was about Mick Jagger. And he even sings background vocals on the song.C
Carley Simon once admitted it was me she was singing about. Why I have no idea as at that particular moment in time I was about 5ā€™ 10ā€ and 95 or so pounds. Maybe she mistook me for Jagger? She auctioned off the identity quite a while back and it was revealed later to be Beatty. No harm done to me as he also beat me out for the lead in ā€œHeaven Can Waitā€. Handsome bastardo that he is.

All is forgiven. I have a friend whose daughter was nanny for the Beattys and I gave them a copy of ā€œSong of The Southā€ to watch with their family and they sent me one of the then new ā€œHarry Potter and the Sorcererā€™s Stoneā€. My friendā€™s daughter was later on sent to culinary school by the Beattys to learn to be their chef. I knew Annette from high school plays she was in that I went to. I was even tinier and nerdier than any drama student so I cannot lay claim to knowing her ā€œwellā€. She was nice.

Iā€™m listening to Rck Nelsonā€™s stuff now.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #148,312 of 149,790
It's funny how individual experiences can vary. The one brand I absolutely avoid at all cost: Sony.

My family had tonnes of Sony gear in the 1980's. Virtually all of it failed within 10 years, much of it much quicker.

Our experiences with Sony were so bad that I avoided Sony for over two decades until I decided to give them another chance in 2021 and bought a 77" A80J OLED. I figured things must have changed in 30 years, right?

The A80J was as dead as a doorknob within 16 months. Costco tech. said the panel had failed and wrote it off.

I used my refund to buy an 83" LG C2. Good riddance, Sony.
The only video displays I will buy are Sony. But not from Costco since they often sell "special" versions created just for them. To each his own, as always.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:51 PM Post #148,313 of 149,790
The only video displays I will buy are Sony. But not from Costco since they often sell "special" versions created just for them. To each his own, as always.

I actually liked the interface (integrated Android TV) on the Sony much better. The LG interface sucks. So now I use an Nvidia Shield.

But, 18 months in and the LG has outlasted the Sony.

I get the irony though because I know LG supplies the panels for Sony OLED TVs.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #148,315 of 149,790
I was working my way through some CDā€™s I got from @FLTWS and found some classic audio demo CDā€™s. Jazz at the Pawnshop, Chesky Recordsā€™ Guide to Critical listening, etc. and found this selection put together by a gentleman who designs high end audio cables.šŸ¤Ŗ I have music recorded for my audio group but this is one fine selection IMHO:

IMG_7774.jpeg

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #148,316 of 149,790
I actually liked the interface (integrated Android TV) on the Sony much better. The LG interface sucks. So now I use an Nvidia Shield.

But, 18 months in and the LG has outlasted the Sony.

I get the irony though because I know LG supplies the panels for Sony OLED TVs.
Indeed they do. I have the A90J and it is beautiful.

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #148,317 of 149,790

We use purely analogue toilets in this house.

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #148,319 of 149,790

My brother has some kind of motion sensing bidet-self cleaning toilet seat thing installed in his bathrooms. There is something rather disturbing about a toilet that starts drooling as you approach it.

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #148,320 of 149,790
My brother has some kind of motion sensing bidet-self cleaning toilet seat thing installed in his bathrooms. There is something rather disturbing about a toilet that starts drooling as you approach it.
ā€œMotion sensingā€. lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back