Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #148,278 of 149,790
I had a small one in my last office. Maybe not "stocked" in the traditional sense, but it always had at least a 6-pack in there.

No wonder nobody wants to work anymore. 🤣
During my last days leading a company before I retired there was some animosity between employees I will not get into. I did my best to try to bring people together over snacks and wine and craft beer tastings. It seemed to help. Now for snacks I always liked things like smoked salmon on a bed of crème cheese, red onions, and capers with a touch of dill. I tended to serve on a freshly sliced baguette of bread and a drizzle of fine balsamic vinegar on top. Generally I would accompany that with Prosecco or a not too dry Riesling. On special occasions I would make chicken or veal piccata with candied lemon slices as garnish.

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #148,279 of 149,790
You are on to something here.

Our newer GE clothes washer is direct drive and when it changes cycles, it makes thee most obnoxious, loud metallic banging sounds.
Scared the Schiit outta me the first time we used it.
I then read the manual and it stated that those noises were, um, normal operational sounds.

Alrighty then.
My Maytag does the same thing. I thought for sure there would be chunks of busted metal under it the first time I heard it. Pretty unnerving. And it sounds like a laser printer pumping out pages when it's agitating. I'll get used to it. It doesn't shake the house like a 6.0 magnitude earthquake and walk around the laundry room busting hose fittings like the LG, so for now I'm happy. :laughing:

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #148,280 of 149,790
Let us now proceed on the sinewave to smart toilets featuring Flush Nexus (TM).

No, not our next business.
Lol! I'd rather have that than Continuity when it comes to such, um, activities. :laughing:

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #148,281 of 149,790
During my last days leading a company before I retired there was some animosity between employees I will not get into. I did my best to try to bring people together over snacks and wine and craft beer tastings. It seemed to help. Now for snacks I always liked things like smoked salmon on a bed of crème cheese, red onions, and capers with a touch of dill. I tended to serve on a freshly sliced baguette of bread and a drizzle of fine balsamic vinegar on top. Generally I would accompany that with Prosecco or a not too dry Riesling. On special occasions I would make chicken or veal piccata with candied lemon slices as garnish.
Wow. I always just stopped by Bojangles and got a couple dozen sausage biscuits. People can't argue as effectively with a mouth full of food. 🤣

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #148,282 of 149,790
Apr 17, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #148,283 of 149,790
Wow. I always just stopped by Bojangles and got a couple dozen sausage biscuits. People can't argue as effectively with a mouth full of food. 🤣
lol I had no such food choices, I was on the outskirts of the small town of Mooresville In. About its only claim to fame was this…
At 16, Dillinger dropped out of school and began working at a machine shop, where he did very well. At night he always returned home late, creating tension with his father. In 1920 the senior Dillinger sold his property in Indianapolis to retire to a farm in Mooresville, Indiana.

Watch the movie Hoosiers to get a sense of the town sizes in that area. 🤪

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:55 AM Post #148,284 of 149,790
lol I had no such food choices, I was on the outskirts of the small town of Mooresville In. About its only claim to fame was this…
At 16, Dillinger dropped out of school and began working at a machine shop, where he did very well. At night he always returned home late, creating tension with his father. In 1920 the senior Dillinger sold his property in Indianapolis to retire to a farm in Mooresville, Indiana.

Watch the movie Hoosiers to get a sense of the town sizes in that area. 🤪
I thought that John Mellencamp was from there? Or, was he from Seymour?

Apr 17, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #148,286 of 149,790
I don't see the problem. Beer's just liquid bread. What do you British and American folks have for your 10am Brotzeit break?! 🤨
;p
Most everywhere I worked in the US just had (marginal) coffee breaks. For special occasions, like mind-numbing conferences, maybe stale mass-produced bagels or (ugh) doughnuts. Not that I didn't appreciate the thoughtfulness. :)

Wasn't it a law in Bavaria that people could consume bier whilst working, up to the 1.0L limit per work-day?

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #148,289 of 149,790
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 00.10.14.png

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #148,290 of 149,790
Vidar excels with difficult to drive speakers. Tyr would too of course, but that's a whole different budget.

Though 4dB less gain and less watts than the Vidar, my Aegir 1 still makes my Dali Opticon 1 MK2 shines, my Vidar 2 is collecting dust since the Aegir 1 entered the house 2 months ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back