Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:28 PM Post #148,321 of 149,764
Apr 17, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #148,322 of 149,764
One of the grossest things I ever saw was a cookie tray that was left out in the open for I don't know HOW long. Stuff turned green and had HAIR growing out of it. A rarely used training room sat extra idle over a holiday break.
Not as bad as a pizza - with anchovy topping which spelled "Happy Birthday Tim" - which sat on one of the 'trading room' platforms over a weekend. Usually, grub in the 'trading room' is gone in minutes!

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:11 PM Post #148,324 of 149,764
Is that....is that, a jalapeno stuffed with sausage, then in turn wrapped with ground sausage???? Nirvana!

tenor.gif
Wrapped in ground sausage. Stuffed with bisket and cream cheese. :)

Bless the H-E-B we fix it you cook it section!

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #148,325 of 149,764
Portrait of crazy people: we buy fridges without icemakers.

Why? Because we make ice only with RO water. We don't want the ice to affect the taste of the drink. So we use an external icemaker, fed by a reverse osmosis unit, to make ice that is then stored in the freezer.

We can also talk about "chores when switching from house to house" including making bread and salad dressing. Haven't bought any of those in years.

Squinting and saying, What? Yeah, I said we were crazy. There you go.

Edit: please don't make this into a "health politics" discussion. We are weird. We are foodie-ish. We make strange choices. It's OK. Enjoy your Pringles and Slim Jims and Miracle Whip. Okay, maybe not Miracle Whip. Shudder. If you like it, more for you.

I haven't had to buy bread since I discovered the New Yorker no-knead recipe years ago. I still do, but only specialty loaves I don't have the patience to make, and very infrequently. Can't remember the last time I bought a bagged loaf of sliced commercial bread.

And salad dressing is so easy to make, why buy it?

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #148,327 of 149,764
FYI: Whirlpool, Maytag, and KitchenAid are basically identical when it comes to the bigger appliances (refrigerators, dishwashers, etc.)… share common parts and even manuals in some cases. I’ve had very good luck since 2004 with them… Friends with LG and Samsung appliances; not so much (especially LG).

My gal's washer died and I did a cursory bit of research. Apparently Speed Queen is the brand for longevity and reliability. I couldn't find a dealer in Calgary though...

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:45 PM Post #148,328 of 149,764
Carley Simon once admitted it was me she was singing about. Why I have no idea as at that particular moment in time I was about 5’ 10” and 95 or so pounds. Maybe she mistook me for Jagger? She auctioned off the identity quite a while back and it was revealed later to be Beatty. No harm done to me as he also beat me out for the lead in “Heaven Can Wait”. Handsome bastardo that he is.

All is forgiven. I have a friend whose daughter was nanny for the Beattys and I gave them a copy of “Song of The South” to watch with their family and they sent me one of the then new “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”. My friend’s daughter was later on sent to culinary school by the Beattys to learn to be their chef. I knew Annette from high school plays she was in that I went to. I was even tinier and nerdier than any drama student so I cannot lay claim to knowing her “well”. She was nice.

I’m listening to Rck Nelson’s stuff now.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #148,335 of 149,764
Same idea of motivation but different techniques. It was shape up, improve or we'll have more meetings with dollar biscuits.
Ahhhh. Effective! I suppose if results were really bad you could escalate with Krystal burger meetings.... 🤣

1713392124273.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back