Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Mar 28, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #145,576 of 149,399
Happy that Schiit is finding ways to maintain a viable business in the USA, but sad that they’re leaving California. Frankly, I took it for granted. My first visit to the Schiitr was just last week to pick up Tyrs for my father. I hope those that work at Schiit CA find quality alternatives or welcome new opportunities in TX. Texas and CA, like most all places in the US, are full of good, deserving people of opportunity to realize their American dream. Hard decisions, indeed (and dare I say post-industrial late capitalism and Neoliberal ideology is not California’s problem).

Excited for Schiit’s future. Their consistent innovation and moral compass for accessible, localized quality audio products is highly commendable. I wish them luck and will support how I can.

Stay in Texas can be a good move instead of taking care both production, travelling between two is a pain and time consuming for Jason and other technical staff, and costly as well. Leaving California is sad but Jason made the move, there must be a reason for it, good for both Schiit and the customer.

Mar 28, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #145,577 of 149,399
Given the very basic clock and buffering mechanisms of early CD drives, why is that surprising? A CD writer that placed the bits more accurately on the disc might be able to create a disc with less jitter when read back.
Absolutely correct - but at the time it was 100% against the accepted view that it was impossible for a copy to be superior to the original !!

Mar 28, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #145,578 of 149,399
Wait do we know what gadget and singularity are?

When is Valhalla 3 dropping?
Gadget was said to still be in development and won't be out this year but maybe next year. Singularity is moving along nicely, but I don't recall a timeframe being mentioned. And Valhalla 3 is slated for summer release, but they are still having a transformer issue at the moment. And like previously mentioned, July will be a very exciting time for Schiitizens

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #145,579 of 149,399
Wonderful bass with Aegir 1, no need using Sub(s)

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 19.30.38.png

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #145,581 of 149,399
On one hand it’s sad to see them leave their CA roots. On the other hand shipping from TX will be more centralized, faster and possibly cheaper. Now we just have 3 months until the next Schiit surprise.

It's odd that they'll still have 2 facilities separated by ~150 miles. That's not terrible, though. For California staff, this will be a tumultuous time, speaking from experience having been through a significant corporate move myself. I hope that they will be able to keep most of the staff, especially their lead engineers and support folks. Ramp-up time for new hires will be a bit of a drag on things, but that will be a short term thing. Once the dust settles, I see good things and a better Schiit for it.

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #145,583 of 149,399
Gadget was said to still be in development and won't be out this year but maybe next year. Singularity is moving along nicely, but I don't recall a timeframe being mentioned. And Valhalla 3 is slated for summer release, but they are still having a transformer issue at the moment. And like previously mentioned, July will be a very exciting time for Schiitizens
I missed the meet.

Is the Valhalla 3 going to be transformer coupled now instead of OTL?

Mar 28, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #145,584 of 149,399
I missed the meet.

Is the Valhalla 3 going to be transformer coupled now instead of OTL?
I'm not sure exactly, I'm not very good with the technical points, mostly just reciting what I heard from the stream. Maybe someone with more expertise could weigh in on that one.

Edit: like this 👇 expert

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #145,585 of 149,399
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #145,586 of 149,399
.... that's quite a tolerance for Captain & Tennille .... 🤣
How dare you! Picking on the couple after their divorce.

My better half would have FTFY like this: that's quite a tolerance for Captain & Tennille Devo ....
This Ohio-born boy likes his Akron-based band....

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #145,587 of 149,399
It's odd that they'll still have 2 facilities separated by ~150 miles. That's not terrible, though. For California staff, this will be a tumultuous time, speaking from experience having been through a significant corporate move myself. I hope that they will be able to keep most of the staff, especially their lead engineers and support folks. Ramp-up time for new hires will be a bit of a drag on things, but that will be a short term thing. Once the dust settles, I see good things and a better Schiit for it.

I am sure Jason has thought about it before the decision made. And I believe he will do the best for the staff.

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #145,588 of 149,399
And another Neil Young that is excellent in all aspects:

Neil Young Sleeps.jpg
Some dark Neil right there ... they were recording it at the time of Kurt Cobain's death.
I do think the darkest, most raggedly Neil is the best Neil. He hated being the shiny new guy.
Tonight's The Night. :)

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #145,589 of 149,399
Any source -> OG Yggy -> MJ3 -> OG Aegir -> any decent loudspeaker == OMG

...just sayin'

I have been using OG Gumby -> Mj3 -> OG Aegir -> Zu Essence

for a few weeks now. It didn't take very many minutes to realize that my old and very much loved Van Alstine preamp was ready for retirement.

One big problem, though, is the heat generated by the Mj3 without headphones plugged in. With the HPs in it's warm but without HPs plugged in it gets VERY hot and that's in 20C ambient room temperature. Too hot for the summertime.

My solution: I have been on the fence about the Kara preamp for awhile. Reading @Bowmoreman's evaluation and recommendation of the Kara (many pages back now) was enough to push me into a decision and get one for myself. No regrets. In fact, I like it as a preamp a bit more than the Mj3 although I can use either now depending on the room temperature.

Choices, choices. :smile_phones:

:beerchug:
JC

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #145,590 of 149,399
One big problem, though, is the heat generated by the Mj3 without headphones plugged in. With the HPs in it's warm but without HPs plugged in it gets VERY hot and that's in 20C ambient room temperature. Too hot for the summertime.

Choices, choices. :smile_phones:

:beerchug:
JC

No load or at pre amp mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back