Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #140,251 of 153,435
Audio Nervosa lol.
He actually probably had it before Unison was a thing.

Yep. Read my post history. I've been using that since Gen 2 from my first ever Schiit DAC (Bifrost 1 Multibit)

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:45 PM Post #140,252 of 153,435
What did you do with your iFi? Ive been looking for one of those.

I still have it for movie watching use using Netflix on my laptop (USB-A to B) from time to time, but I use the USB-C to B AQ pearl now

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #140,253 of 153,435
That's a great perk for sure!

Speaking of Kona Beans, I'll wait till spring comes to enjoy that delicious 100% Kona Pacamara beans from Monarch Farms (they have their own farm in the Big Island) if you enjoy a light roast fruity type Hawaiian coffees

MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

\I just checked the ole Google Maps and Monarch Farms is about 3000 Meters south of my friends' little farm. So cool how that entire plot of land on Kona-side is just coffee farm after coffee farm.
My friends place also has bananas, mangos, macadamia nuts and some other stuff. I've been wanting to relocate out there for awhile. Maybe I'll get to eventually.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #140,254 of 153,435
I still have it for movie watching use using Netflix on my laptop (USB-A to B) from time to time, but I use the USB-C to B AQ pearl now
Nice. Do you perceive much difference or is it more a peace-of-mind thing (which I absolutely understand btw)?

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #140,255 of 153,435
I love freshly brewed coffee at work so I like grinding my beans fresh before brewing it :)

1708485851818.png
I love black coffee, but I've been getting acid reflux.

I have 1 cup in the morning and green tea until 12:00 pm and water the rest of the way...

I have slept better and no reflux at night.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #140,256 of 153,435
iykyk

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #140,257 of 153,435
Nice. Do you perceive much difference or is it more a peace-of-mind thing (which I absolutely understand btw)?

Nope. With Unison USB and MIB, the difference is almost imperceptible. It could also be that MIB chip is less sensitive to source input since I can't even perceive a difference between SPDIF toslink and USB (both iFi and AQ) whereas with Gen 2 USB, it's clearly less dynamic and more mushier sounding unless I have the iFi iUSB 3.0 that is known to increase clarity and black background to the level that people perceive with SPDIF inputs

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:05 PM Post #140,258 of 153,435
Nope. With Unison USB and MIB, the difference is almost imperceptible. It could also be that MIB chip is less sensitive to source input since I can't even perceive a difference between SPDIF toslink and USB (both iFi and AQ) whereas with Gen 2 USB, it's clearly less dynamic and more mushier sounding unless I have the iFi iUSB 3.0 that is known to increase clarity and black background to the level that people perceive with SPDIF inputs
Thanks for the input.
Unison is must have. All that angst that Mike felt towards USB finally just dealt with.

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #140,259 of 153,435
MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

\I just checked the ole Google Maps and Monarch Farms is about 3000 Meters south of my friends' little farm. So cool how that entire plot of land on Kona-side is just coffee farm after coffee farm.
My friends place also has bananas, mangos, macadamia nuts and some other stuff. I've been wanting to relocate out there for awhile. Maybe I'll get to eventually.

That's an awesome place for retirement! If I ever go to Hawaii again, I'd get a tour experience with them as part of my itinerary. They seem to be really serious about preserving single origin tasting notes of their coffees rather than focusing on Italian/French espresso roast style coffee

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:11 PM Post #140,260 of 153,435
That's an awesome place for retirement! If I ever go to Hawaii again, I'd get a tour experience with them as part of my itinerary. They seem to be really serious about preserving single origin tasting notes of their coffees rather than focusing on Italian/French espresso roast style coffee
Oh, yeah, they are super persnickety about it lol. Wonderful. We need all those espressos AND the Kona.

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:18 PM Post #140,261 of 153,435
The Aegir arrived this morning, fired it up, the self-check takes only few seconds, same from standby mode back to operating. Then I switched it off and went to lunch, the second power up, the LED flashes for 30 seconds or more, so I switched it off and wait a minute and put it on again, no faults.

Aegir and Vidar 2, both sounds good to me, just different.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #140,263 of 153,435
I agree that it was probably Schiit's intent to use OG to denote use of the original Analog Devices DAC chips. So following that logic, then A1 is also OG. :wink:

Dammit!!! I said I was done!! :D

** This would all be a moot point if the DAC and Analog Card were separate. :D

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #140,264 of 153,435
Oh now coffee is my jam. I fresh grind my Lavazza Grand Crema in my burr grinder every day and drip brew in my Mocha Master. Drunk only black.
Coffee is a vehicle for hazelnut creamer for me.

But it's much more complicated than just that. Finding a good chocolaty nutty roast and then getting that perfect blend of bite offsetting the creamy sweetness of the creamer - man, the Heavens rejoice!

*Well, at least my two shoulder angels are glaring at each other in perfect harmony. I'll take any harmony I can get...

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #140,265 of 153,435
I agree that it was probably Schiit's intent to use OG to denote use of the original Analog Devices DAC chips. So following that logic, then A1 is also OG. :wink:

Dammit!!! I said I was done!! :D

** This would all ne a moot point if the DAC card and Analog Card were separate. :D
... how many equines have to perish to water the Norse tree of life with their bodily fluids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back