Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 20, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #140,221 of 151,813
I think Yggy A2 analog version and OG are used interchangeably creating confusion -- at least with me. In my mind, the real O(riginal) G(generation) Yggy that came 1st (hence OG,) came with A1 analog card. So what does that make the A2 version of the Yggy? 2nd G? Sure, A1 and A2 both have the same OG DAC chips, so does that mean both A1 and A2 are the OG Yggy? If A2 is the OG, then what is A1-based Yggy -- the Forefather? I'm so confused -- even more than usual! :xf_confused:
The A2 seems to be the A1 with revised analog electronics, output stage and such.

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #140,222 of 151,813
I know the difference between A1 and A2 analog cards. What I don't know is why folks refer to A2-based Yggy as the OG when the A1-based was the ORIGINAL Yggy. I suspect it is a reference to the Yggy model using original Analog Devices DAC chips when other DAC options (that were not Analog Devices) came about, after A1 was no longer a thing. Yggy A1, Yggy A2, Yggy LIM, Yggy MIB, etc., makes more sense to me. It really doesn't matter -- just my OCD. But it does make me wonder if whenever someone refers to their OG Yggy if they are really referring to A2-based or the True OG A1-based version. :D

(I've officially killed this horse.)

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 9:07 PM Post #140,223 of 151,813
The Yggy GS2 is a detail rendering monster which can fatigue you. It has plenty of “plankton”, which is likely why some of the people who upgraded to newer versions wanted the OG version back. It’s a different flavor from more “relaxed” and “warm” DACs out there.

One big thing with the way MiB renders plankton is sheer refinement that never induces fatigue. I can tell you if GS2 gives excellent synergy with your amps, MiB ain’t gonna be impressive to your system unless you want refinement over everything that GS2 does

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #140,225 of 151,813
I know the difference between A1 and A2 analog cards. What I don't know is why folks refer to A2-based Yggy as the OG when the A1-based was the ORIGINAL Yggy. I suspect it is a reference to the Yggy model using original Analog Devices DAC chips when other DAC options (that were not Analog Devices) came about, after A1 was no longer a thing. Yggy A1, Yggy A2, Yggy LIM, Yggy MIB, etc., makes more sense to me. It really doesn't matter -- just my OCD. :D
OG1 & OG2?

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:40 PM Post #140,226 of 151,813
I’m not **** on schiit by expecting product pages to be accurate. I love the brand, I want it to succeed as it has been. I’m genuinely surprised that someone would think I’m asking something that is superfluous or that I’m demanding answers. If my post reads in a rude manner it’s not meant to and that’s my failing as a writer.

I’ll end this by noting again that I think Jason would want everything to be consistent on the products they take months or years to produce.

Go back and check my posts. Outside of shamelessly asking for an Asgard+, you’ll note a fairly positive and uncritical manner of posting in this thread. All but a few of my posts have been somewhere in the Schiit sine wave. I think y’all are wonderful folks otherwise I wouldn’t waste my time posting in it.
Is there a MS pumpy?
They already did - the Asgard 2. Still using mine here while waiting for my Mj3. FWIW, the Asgard 2 has the same specs as the Mj3. No BS, real class A, no feedback, 1W into 32 ohms...

:beerchug:
JC
Love my
Made a stop by Total Wine and More for a bar restock and this found its way into my cart. :smirk:

** What's a guy have to do to get a bottle of their Sloe Gin?? :wink:

OS Gin.jpg
Sloe berries? https://www.housedigest.com/886855/how-to-grow-and-care-for-a-sloe-berry-plant/

Feb 20, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #140,227 of 151,813
Because Schiit does?
True. But they also named a DSD DAC add-on Loki and then later an EQ Loki. So the OG (by definition) Loki is not even a DAC. Clear as mud, IMHO. :D

Like I said, it's just my OCD and the fact that I am not so sure that everyone claiming they have an OG really knows what Schiit means by OG. They may have bought an Yggy with updated A2 card before it was known as OG. Remember -- it only became OG after the LIM and MIL cards were introduced. Folks were buying A2- based Yggys well before that and it was not referred to as OG then.

(This horse has been resuscitated and re-euthanized humanely.)

How 'bout them Cowboys!!??

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #140,229 of 151,813
IMG_7272.jpeg
These are my favorite, double masa shells, carnitas with onion, cilantro, and tomatillo salsa. Mmm
I'm not sure, I was a little drunk at the time, but I think I saw similar from a couple of "sisters", minus the limes in Tijuana circa 1982. The green didn't look natural to me, so I passed.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #140,230 of 151,813
The innuendo is strong with this one. 🤣

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #140,231 of 151,813
I'm not sure, I was a little drunk at the time, but I think I saw similar from a couple of "sisters", minus the limes in Tijuana circa 1982. The green didn't look natural to me, so I passed.
The green is the tomatillo sauce I added, as well as cilantro, they are very good IMHO. You are reminding me of a Bette Midler joke I cannot use on here.🤪

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:12 PM Post #140,233 of 151,813
I know the difference between A1 and A2 analog cards. What I don't know is why folks refer to A2-based Yggy as the OG when the A1-based was the ORIGINAL Yggy. I suspect it is a reference to the Yggy model using original Analog Devices DAC chips when other DAC options (that were not Analog Devices) came about, after A1 was no longer a thing. Yggy A1, Yggy A2, Yggy LIM, Yggy MIB, etc., makes more sense to me. It really doesn't matter -- just my OCD. But it does make me wonder if whenever someone refers to their OG Yggy if they are really referring to A2-based or the True OG A1-based version. :D

(I've officially killed this horse.)
If the pre-A2 Yggy was never called OG then it’s not OG.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #140,235 of 151,813
I am far from a tea expert but I like Barry’s Gold Blend with no sugar or milk. Teabagged in my mug.

I love freshly brewed coffee at work so I like grinding my beans fresh before brewing it :)

1708485851818.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back