Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 20, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #140,192 of 151,783
I work with the utilities in Victoria with their Faults & Emergencies call centers ... nightmare week for the customers and the call centres.
Hope you weren't off power for too long
It's hard to keep up with all these posts. Power was out for a few hours, but it could have been worse. I heard from some of my customers they had to wait a day or more for the power to return.

Feb 20, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #140,193 of 151,783
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:00 PM Post #140,194 of 151,783
I personally prefer Taylor's of Harrogate over Twinnings, which are the accessable brands over here.
Earl Grey is going to be very popular someday..

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #140,195 of 151,783
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #140,196 of 151,783
I don't know about any tea forums, but I have been buying my tea from the Tea Trader since the late 90s. I have been sipping their China Lapsang Souchong since the aughts, and it has not increased in price since 2012 or thereabouts. A beautiful smoky tea, in the same wheelhouse as my beloved Lagavulin. They have a personal relationship with their producers and suppliers, so it's almost like they're a family.

I probably have eight varieties in my cupboard to choose from right now.

You're in Vancouver so shipping will be reasonable, and you may even be able to save on the PST.

Good luck on your journey!
you've caught my interest with the reference. Do you drink this tea straight? or, add anything to it after brew?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #140,197 of 151,783
Off topic... (maybe off sine wave! :scream:)

I grew up drinking tea, but recent events require me to become far more knowledgeable of high quality tea...

Since this forum contains people of varying hobbies, can any of you recommend a good forum/blog/webpage where I may obtain the education I seek?
A source of good tea:

https://tearunners.com

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #140,199 of 151,783
20240217_143853.jpg
"Just when you thought it couldn't get any uglier!" 😜

My latest Ian Canada streamer iteration. Now with ultracapacitor power supply, individual u.fl connectors for all i2s signals, and display/controller. Back on the pi5. Definitely sounds different than the pi4 (compared both in previous iteration).
Look's kinda yummy. Just change the decor around your listening room to look like the inside of your Tardis and all will be right in the hi-fi universe.

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #140,200 of 151,783
In the meantime, MIB is doing very, very well.
As a Yggy OG A2 owner since February 2020, I was pretty sure that I had found my end-game DAC.

But MiB... wow. It's a more than worthy successor! Jason, as The Absolute Sound has spoken so highly of Yggy, I think that you should loan them an Urd / MiB pair and blow their minds. :sound:

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #140,201 of 151,783
I want an MiB badly but that probably won't be in the cards for me this life lol.

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #140,202 of 151,783
As a Yggy OG A2 owner since February 2020, I was pretty sure that I had found my end-game DAC.

But MiB... wow. It's a more than worthy successor! Jason, as The Absolute Sound has spoken so highly of Yggy, I think that you should loan them an Urd / MiB pair and blow their minds. :sound:
Nope! Not for me! I started with the old Yggy GS which sounded great. Better than every other dac I tried. (All cheaper) but then they had to update the box. Nice but I was good. Remote? I don’t need a remote. Then Jason hinted that OG’s days were numbered. I kinda wanted OG (and Unison) but the upgrades basically doubled my investment. Then I got the money and said screw it! So that’s it. I’m done! Seriously! No more upgrades!

I still want to get Urd but home updates take priority for the next couple months. *sigh*
I also want Aegir 2. It never ends 😭

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #140,204 of 151,783

So you made up your mind? MIB is definitely better than Yggy+ OG? Flavor so different that the track/song is unrecognizable from one DAC to the other on the same setup?

We need a differences table detailing 'plankton', 'blackground' and other essential characteristics, in excruciating detail for both devices, all of-course under double-blind testing. :)

Feb 20, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #140,205 of 151,783
So you made up your mind? MIB is definitely better than Yggy+ OG? Flavor so different that the track/song is unrecognizable from one DAC to the other on the same setup?

We need a differences table detailing 'plankton', 'blackground' and other essential characteristics, in excruciating detail for both devices, all of-course under double-blind testing. :)
And plankton. Don't forget the plankton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back