Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 20, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #140,176 of 151,819
Feb 20, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #140,178 of 151,819
I think most GS2 owners will self-install either keeping the older card and DAC roll or just sell it. The whole reason for the Yggy+ case is to make self-installing of upgrades easier.

I also think that Schiit is not interested in keeping the old cards any longer and will likely ship it back with the GS or OG-style case if one chooses to have them upgrade. The only reason they kept the old cards was they thought about harvesting the DAC chips and I believe they've given up on that line of thinking. More stuff to warranty and keep track of inventory, different SKU, and even a different inventory and warranty with the GS releases.
I have the MIB card arriving on Thursday. I'm planning to keep my A1 card indefinitely. Coming from the BF2/64 to the A1 made me realize how much DAC can change how everything downstream sounds - for better or for worse. Assuming the MIB is the preferred flavor for now, what's to say if I get a different amp/headphones next year I won't be wondering if the A1 has better synergy? Don't want to sell a component I can't (easily) get back and end up wishing I still had it around.

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #140,179 of 151,819
Feb 20, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #140,180 of 151,819
IMG_7383.jpegIMG_7382.jpeg

In preparation of working with barrel staves for Blanton’s horse boards I decided to work with some rough flame maple. Wood rasps and hand planes mostly. The trick is to make it elegant while keeping the rustic charm. There are tiger maple stripes to be revealed.

Feb 20, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #140,181 of 151,819
Off topic... (maybe off sine wave! :scream:)

I grew up drinking tea, but recent events require me to become far more knowledgeable of high quality tea...

Since this forum contains people of varying hobbies, can any of you recommend a good forum/blog/webpage where I may obtain the education I seek?

I don't know about any tea forums, but I have been buying my tea from the Tea Trader since the late 90s. I have been sipping their China Lapsang Souchong since the aughts, and it has not increased in price since 2012 or thereabouts. A beautiful smoky tea, in the same wheelhouse as my beloved Lagavulin. They have a personal relationship with their producers and suppliers, so it's almost like they're a family.

I probably have eight varieties in my cupboard to choose from right now.

You're in Vancouver so shipping will be reasonable, and you may even be able to save on the PST.

Good luck on your journey!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:19 PM Post #140,182 of 151,819
Off topic... (maybe off sine wave! :scream:)

I grew up drinking tea, but recent events require me to become far more knowledgeable of high quality tea...

Since this forum contains people of varying hobbies, can any of you recommend a good forum/blog/webpage where I may obtain the education I seek?
Try Te Company, for education and ordering.

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #140,183 of 151,819
:astonished:
I have the MIB card arriving on Thursday. I'm planning to keep my A1 card indefinitely. Coming from the BF2/64 to the A1 made me realize how much DAC can change how everything downstream sounds - for better or for worse. Assuming the MIB is the preferred flavor for now, what's to say if I get a different amp/headphones next year I won't be wondering if the A1 has better synergy? Don't want to sell a component I can't (easily) get back and end up wishing I still had it around.
I am very eager to know what you think of MIB vs A1 after you've had sufficient time to form an opinion.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #140,184 of 151,819
IMG_7383.jpegIMG_7382.jpeg

In preparation of working with barrel staves for Blanton’s horse boards I decided to work with some rough flame maple. Wood rasps and hand planes mostly. The trick is to make it elegant while keeping the rustic charm. There are tiger maple stripes to be revealed.
If that is vegan wood, it could be headed to bcowen. The math works like this: >>>> vegan wood = cardboard

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:26 PM Post #140,185 of 151,819
Fortunately or unfortunately, no. We're selling cards now. They used to be trade-in. You get your old cards back if you send it in to us.

Once the OG cards are gone (sometime in spring), they're gone.

In the meantime, MIB is doing very, very well.

Thanks for fixing the MiL! The MiB is amazing sonically indeed!

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #140,186 of 151,819
Yes, translators are a thing and only a few clicks/touches away.
I also happen to be somewhat fluent-adjacent in German.
But that's not the point.
The point is that this is an English forum. Let's keep it that way for everybody else's convenience, shall we?
Thank you! ☺️
8ghhcs.jpg

Danke schön, baby!

Feb 20, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #140,188 of 151,819
Feb 20, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #140,189 of 151,819
No true. Once they run out there will be occasional stock as more GS and GS2 owners upgrade to newer Yggys.
So getting a GS2 and then upgrading it is also a thing, yeah?
So hopefully they will still be trickling in for awhile.

Feb 20, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #140,190 of 151,819
Fortunately or unfortunately, no. We're selling cards now. They used to be trade-in. You get your old cards back if you send it in to us.

Once the OG cards are gone (sometime in spring), they're gone.

In the meantime, MIB is doing very, very well.
Nice to see you pop by, Bossman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back