Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #140,236 of 151,895
If the pre-A2 Yggy was never called OG then it’s not OG.

The original A2 Yggy was never called the OG either. So what is it? :p

**Message from horse: "Please let me die!!"

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #140,237 of 151,895
Because Schiit does?

Indeed…

IMG_9267.jpeg

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #140,238 of 151,895
I think Yggy A2 analog version and OG are used interchangeably creating confusion -- at least with me. In my mind, the real O(riginal) G(generation) Yggy that came 1st (hence OG,) came with A1 analog card. So what does that make the A2 version of the Yggy? 2(nd) G? Sure, A1 and A2 both have the same OG DAC chips, so does that mean both A1 and A2 are the OG Yggy? If A2 is the OG, then what is A1-based Yggy -- the Forefather? The pre-G? I'm so confused -- even more than usual! :xf_confused:
I believe all GS models are A1. OG as it was described when they did the shootout between the 3 variants, would be the A2 card
edit: both GS Models shipped with Gen 5 USB as well....

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #140,239 of 151,895
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:23 PM Post #140,240 of 151,895
I know the difference between A1 and A2 analog cards. What I don't know is why folks refer to A2-based Yggy as the OG when the A1-based was the ORIGINAL Yggy. I suspect it is a reference to the Yggy model using original Analog Devices DAC chips when other DAC options (that were not Analog Devices) came about, after A1 was no longer a thing. Yggy A1, Yggy A2, Yggy LIM, Yggy MIB, etc., makes more sense to me. It really doesn't matter -- just my OCD. But it does make me wonder if whenever someone refers to their OG Yggy if they are really referring to A2-based or the True OG A1-based version. :D

(I've officially killed this horse.)
Heh heh heh ahhh worry not, plenty more life in it! :) Feast your eyes on my old Yggy.....off the very first run. May 2015.

Check the sticker and serial number. It's the "A" original board. When the revised analog section was released by Jason you had to send Yggy in and have them install it. Never new what they did with all those Analog Devices chips on the "A" version original boards, 4 per board.......big pile somewhere.......

But we figured how cool to get 4 new Analog Devices chips too boot. So it's revision "B" now and they slapped on a new "B" board sticker. So original Yggy became a "B" version, an OBA2.... and now it's an OGWHOKNOWS :)
IMG_20231230_133630603~2.jpg

Made for a much better detailed sound stage though.

Oh, how about Gen 4 USB?.......any out there? What came after Gen 3 if memory serves is Gen 5. Mike said it was so good let's skip 4. I think!

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #140,241 of 151,895
I love freshly brewed coffee at work so I like grinding my beans fresh before brewing it :)

Oh now coffee is my jam. I fresh grind my Lavazza Grand Crema in my burr grinder every day and drip brew in my Mocha Master. Drunk only black.
IMG_1510.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #140,242 of 151,895
Indeed…

I'm not debating what they call it. I've been looking at Yggys for years and know all the names: Plain ole Yggy (1st with A1 then with A2 -- there was no differentiator or OG back then ), Yggy GS (A1 only), Yggy+ LIM, Yggy+ MIL (defunct), Yggy +OG (now defunct), Yggy+ MIB, and Yggy+ GS2 (A1 only).

This is the last time I'll post about this. My comments are somehow being misconstrued as me saying that Schiit means A1 when they refer to OG or that Schiit does not actually have an OG model. What I am saying is that it can be confusing to non-diehard Schiitheads coming here that do not know that the definition of OG in Schiit parlance is not the typical meaning of OG in the non-Schiit world, which is Original Generation (Gangster). In the non-Schiit world Original (1st) Generation would typically indicate the A1-based Yggy as it was first and A2 would be generally be known as 2nd generation. This leaves the door open to non-diehard Schiithead folks unknowingly referring to an A1 as OG and others thinking they are referring to an A2. I'm just saying I don't feel comfortable that 100% of everyone (except for seasoned Schiitheads) that posts here know this and that we or I should be taking their comments related to the sound or impressions of an OG as automatically being an A2. Just like if someone is saying my Yggy is too harsh, the first question typically asked is what version Analog Card or is it an LIM, MIL, etc. OG will always be Analog Devices to me, but I will never assume when someone refers to OG that it is an A2 analog card and will ask unless I know for a fact based on prior posts, etc. YMMV and as always -- y'all do you.

Horse? What horse?

How 'bout them Cowboys!!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #140,244 of 151,895
Oh now coffee is my jam. I fresh grind my Lavazza Grand Crema in my burr grinder every day and drip brew in my Mocha Master. Drunk only black.

Yep! Coffee is life indeed. I also drink another one late morning/early lunch for that afternoon caffeine boost, but I switch it up to the single cup pour over brew at work with a light roast acidic coffee for a different taste palate in my mouth :)

1708486475502.png

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #140,246 of 151,895
Yep! Coffee is life indeed. I also drink another one late morning/early lunch for that afternoon caffeine boost, but I switch it up to the single cup pour over brew at work with a light roast acidic coffee for a different taste palate in my mouth :)

1708486475502.png
Agreed! I have my mate in Kailua-Kona send me that fresh roasted local sourced pure Kona every few months and Im always chomping at the bit for it when I get my package bc Im always out and drinking Whole Foods coffee until it comes lmao. Helluva friend-perk, that.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #140,247 of 151,895
Why a massive USB iFi filter/cable into a Unison port?

I don't use that anymore. I switched to Audioqest Pearl now

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #140,248 of 151,895
Why a massive USB iFi filter/cable into a Unison port?
Audio Nervosa lol.
He actually probably had it before Unison was a thing.

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #140,249 of 151,895
Agreed! I have my mate in Kailua-Kona send me that fresh roasted local sourced pure Kona every few months and Im always chomping at the bit for it when I get my package bc Im always out and drinking Whole Foods coffee until it comes lmao. Helluva friend-perk, that.

That's a great perk for sure!

Speaking of Kona Beans, I'll wait till spring comes to enjoy that delicious 100% Kona Pacamara beans from Monarch Farms (they have their own farm in the Big Island) if you enjoy a light roast fruity type Hawaiian coffees

1708487090364.png

Feb 20, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #140,250 of 151,895

Users who are viewing this thread

Back