Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 26, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #134,086 of 151,974
(edit) also, signal isolation. I haven't seen a DAC that takes one digital signal then splits it into R/L for dual mono D/A. Does such a thing exist?
I'm scared to look. My nervosa is already sufficiently high without adding to it. 😒

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #134,087 of 151,974
Minor addition to my New Year Schiit wishlist...

A single beautiful aluminium remote combining the Yggy and Freya remotes. (And Urd for those lucky Urd owners.) 😍

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #134,089 of 151,974
Well, then you're all set. I would prefer 1 remote to rule them all. 😏

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #134,090 of 151,974
I'm not going to crucify you, but I'll list my current, future and possible future sources.

Digital: laptop, smartphone, streamer, CD transport, TV, bluray spinner, video game console, digital mixing console, audio PC... that's it, I think. 9 possible digital sources. (4 USB)

Analog: DAC, analog mixing console, instruments... that's it for analog. 2 analog sources, realistically instruments will go through mixing console. For me. Unless I'm comparing DACs.

I'm not interested in vinyl or FM radio or tape - to my ears the bandwidth limitations and the extra noises are apparently important. Maybe if some high quality reel to reel stuff happened to find it's way to me, but that seems to be a rather remote possibility.

So in my systems digital source switching is far more used, far more important, than analog source switching. I want both to be available in most cases, just in case, but I do run out of digital inputs more often than I run out of analog inputs - even with many headphone amps having a single analog input. Mostly because DACs generally have one of each possible input connector and of course I end up needing two or three of the same.

Your Mileage Will Vary. Very Much.
YMWVVM.
:beerchug:
I use an Inday digital audio switch , 4 coax and 4 optical inputs with a coax and an optical output.

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:56 PM Post #134,092 of 151,974
I'm not going to crucify you, but I'll list my current, future and possible future sources.

Digital: laptop, smartphone, streamer, CD transport, TV, bluray spinner, video game console, digital mixing console, audio PC... that's it, I think. 9 possible digital sources. (4 USB)

Analog: DAC, analog mixing console, instruments... that's it for analog. 2 analog sources, realistically instruments will go through mixing console. For me. Unless I'm comparing DACs.

I'm not interested in vinyl or FM radio or tape - to my ears the bandwidth limitations and the extra noises are apparently important. Maybe if some high quality reel to reel stuff happened to find it's way to me, but that seems to be a rather remote possibility.

So in my systems digital source switching is far more used, far more important, than analog source switching. I want both to be available in most cases, just in case, but I do run out of digital inputs more often than I run out of analog inputs - even with many headphone amps having a single analog input. Mostly because DACs generally have one of each possible input connector and of course I end up needing two or three of the same.

Your Mileage Will Vary. Very Much.
YMWVVM.
:beerchug:
Serious first world problems. 😉 But I can sympathize. I'm still trying to elegantly route the output of one preamplifier to nine amplifiers. 😎

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #134,093 of 151,974
and, since it's Schiit, the power switch will be on the back.

:deadhorse:
JC
Honestly, the only thing I currently turn off is my Lyr 3. All else stays on. Thankfully Freya+ has the ability to turn off tube stage.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #134,095 of 151,974
Dec 26, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #134,096 of 151,974
Yeah I am set but curious… were you able to code multiple components in a single programmable remote? Which one?
Haven't tried it yet. Was a fan of the Logitech Harmony remotes but they're EOL. Sure I could probably program a universal remote, but the Schiit aluminium is wonderful.

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #134,098 of 151,974
Well, then you're all set. I would prefer 1 remote to rule them all. 😏
But what about remote signal isolation? Genuine nervosa would be underserved without worrying about that. :sweat:

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #134,099 of 151,974
Minor addition to my New Year Schiit wishlist...

A single beautiful aluminium remote combining the Yggy and Freya remotes. (And Urd for those lucky Urd owners.) 😍
I was thinking of making a triangular prism shaped block and attaching the 3 remotes to it. Then I’ll set it right next to my Pono player.

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #134,100 of 151,974
You know, I spoke too soon, I actually like the Magni+ Heretic really well with my DT-880 600ohm. I boost the lows slightly with my Loki Mini+ just to give it a bit more foundation and then it's damn near perfect for my listening tastes. Also... Uh... Ok, hear me out, ever think of using a Magni+ Heretic as a preamp into a Magni+? You're gonna laugh and I'm gonna deserve it but it sounds good :beyersmile: Now that really IS heretical!
DT-880 600 Ohm -> Vali 2+ (6SN7) = magic synergy YMMV :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back