Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 24, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #12,271 of 150,870
  Wishful thinking: Salk Powered Monitors driven by embedded integrated Schiit DAC/Amp/DSP. 

Active Salk with Schiit amp and Schiit Multbit Dacs?  OMG! Talk about drool-worthy.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #12,272 of 150,870
Keep it Simple;

SYS plus two knobs; one for a potentiometer and another for a balance control.

(I call it SYS BON IVER)

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #12,273 of 150,870
I think they should do something like the Chord Mojo... similar for factor, gobs of power, USB OTG, etc. etc. Looking at how the Mojo seems to be selling, it could be an interesting addition to their lineup.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #12,274 of 150,870
  I think they should do something like the Chord Mojo... similar for factor, gobs of power, USB OTG, etc. etc. Looking at how the Mojo seems to be selling, it could be an interesting addition to their lineup.

It would be hard for Schiit to make something as ugly. *crickets*

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #12,275 of 150,870
I just hope they keep their separate DACs!  I hope they don't can Yggy or Gumby. Make improvements sure, but don't can them completely. I'm not a big fan of "all in one" units. Usually one of the components suffers, at least that is what it seems like so far in my "still early" journey into this hobby. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have purchased the Wa7 fireflies, I would have looked for a great amp, and paired it with a great but separate DAC. 

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #12,276 of 150,870
  I just hope they keep their separate DACs!  I hope they don't can Yggy or Gumby. Make improvements sure, but don't can them completely. I'm not a big fan of "all in one" units. Usually one of the components suffers, at least that is what it seems like so far in my "still early" journey into this hobby. If I could do it again, I wouldn't have purchased the Wa7 fireflies, I would have looked for a great amp, and paired it with a great but separate DAC. 

I'm big on separate components too but I own the WA7 and I'd say it's worth its price for the amp alone, I've never even tried the built in DAC. Might just be me but then again, a lot of other people have this same opinion. Even though I'd still buy it if I could go back, I may consider the Pathos Aurium a little bit more than I did at the time, I felt it was too expensive but nowadays I'm not so sure any more, maybe it would've been worth the extra €.

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #12,277 of 150,870

I think they said it's going to be related to desktop audio.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #12,278 of 150,870
If anything hey produce doesn't fit on your desk, it means you need a bigger desk....   
wink_face.gif

L3000.gif

Aug 25, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #12,279 of 150,870

I have never been inspired to copy or "improve" the works of others.  Discovering worthwhile things to do well delivers value.  Doing unworthwhile things well is a waste of everyone's time.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 25, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #12,280 of 150,870
Is rag with tubes still dead? Liquid Lightning comes/came in both configs, and I could use a Mjolnir with a bit more juice...

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #12,282 of 150,870
  Is rag with tubes still dead? Liquid Lightning comes/came in both configs, and I could use a Mjolnir with a bit more juice...

What about a tube buffered pre-amp?  I use an Ember II with my Rag, inbetween a Yggy.  SE of course.  Yep, I'm one of those guys.  

Aug 25, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #12,283 of 150,870

I have never been inspired to copy or "improve" the works of others.  Discovering worthwhile things to do well delivers value.  Doing unworthwhile things well is a waste of everyone's time.

I think the idea was not to 'copy' the Mojo but rather have a go at a portable, small (multi bit?) Headphone Dac/Amp at an  affordable price point. That would be wicked and I'm sure you guys can do something amazing - in the category. 

Aug 25, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #12,284 of 150,870

I think the idea was not to 'copy' the Mojo but rather have a go at a portable, small (multi bit?) Headphone Dac/Amp at an  affordable price point. That would be wicked and I'm sure you guys can do something amazing - in the category. 

I thought they already did. It's called Magni 2/Modi Multibit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back