Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 23, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #12,256 of 150,866
Marketing genius at work. He's letting us salivate over the potential new 2 channel gear so well be ready to bite the moment it's announced. I should really buy better speakers but I find myself wanting the Schiit pre/amp instead.

Thankfully the 2 channel gear doesn't really interest me, if I had to wait until RMAF I'd probably cry. T_T

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #12,257 of 150,866
Jason is a student of Ivan Pavlov.  O'course that only works if the treats are tasty. 
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #12,260 of 150,866
Aug 23, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #12,262 of 150,866
  Hmmm...

Seems as Jason has kinda gone silent and left us to our own devices for awhile now.

Wonder whats up...

Ad copy and poster design
Equipment checkout and packing
A last minute glitch or two
Someone knocked a sprinkler head off the fire suppression system again O.o
Spec sheets (everyone loves spec sheets)
Business cards
"What do you mean, 'all my underwear is in the laundry?'"
Ad nauseum.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #12,263 of 150,866
Bingo.

Lots of stuff to get ready for the SchiitShow. I'll resurface afterwards.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #12,264 of 150,866
Quote:

Ad copy and poster design
Equipment checkout and packing
A last minute glitch or two
Someone knocked a sprinkler head off the fire suppression system again O.o
Spec sheets (everyone loves spec sheets)
Business cards
"What do you mean, 'all my underwear is in the laundry?'"
Ad nauseum.

And a SchiitShow 2016 tee shirt.  Why should CanJam/RMAF have all the fun?

Tyll Hertsens says hello.

Aug 23, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #12,266 of 150,866
  Lots of stuff to get ready for the SchiitShow. I'll resurface afterwards.

Just when we were about to put your face on a milk carton! (Do they still do that?)

So just to clarify - exactly what is being unveiled at the show? Is it the (Redacted,)? The Gadget? The Manhattan Project? The Pizza? One I've forgotten?

And I wouldn't count on seeing (reading) too many JS posts after the Schiitshow. RMAF looms.

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #12,267 of 150,866
Originally Posted by US Blues /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a Schiit Integrated Amp, it's called Ragnarok, and it sounds excellent.

Jason has clearly stated he is designing and building a preamp/amp pair, and you are correct that the amp will likely only have a power switch (on the back), and likely a white LED so you know its on. The preamp will have a volume control, and hopefully a balance control. I doubt Jason will do tone controls, but I would not put anything past him. 

As a 2-channel user I am looking forward to the new gear, and am truly hoping I am moved to replace my Rag with the new gear. 

I remember Jason writing that the Rag and the Yggy are both to remain their statement products, so you already have their TOTL. I don't think what they're coming out with is intended to replace either of those, they're to fill in holes in their lineup between the Mani/Modi and the Yggy/Rag - although a pre might front a Rag for more flexibility.

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #12,268 of 150,866
Hmm, how about an automatic headphone analyzer and optimizer---Fat Wish:grin:

Aug 24, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #12,269 of 150,866
I'm thinking a couple of Fulla derivatives:  1) a 4490 successor to the current 4396 model (since the 4396 is EOL) and  2) a USB 3.1 multi-bit Fulla-ish using 0402 parts that Jason mentioned in the Chapter 10 Aside.

Wishful thinking: Salk Powered Monitors driven by embedded integrated Schiit DAC/Amp/DSP. 

Oh well.

Aug 24, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #12,270 of 150,866
Looking at the Schiit FB page, This weekends release is supposed to have a big release. . It sounds like the folks who are attending The Schiit Show V2.0 are in for a treat.  My suspicion is they have created  a flux capacitor and fitted it to a Time Machine to go back in time and stop the production of poorly mastered music before it can leave the Studio. Who ever Attends will be have a chance to Ride Shotgun.

th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back