Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 7, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #10,981 of 152,593
Yep, those are among my candidates, as well as Salk. Haven't heard any Ascent speakers but I do like my Rhythmik F12SE sub which I bought via Ascend.
I heard the KEF Blade 2's last year and they had maybe the best imaging I've ever heard.
At $25,000 though, they'd better give me sex
and serve my meals.

I liked the Salk Song3 so much in our room I bought them from Jim after the show.

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #10,982 of 152,593
I bet most of the Tekton (another USA, internet direct company) offerings would sound great with the Rag. Very efficient speakers. I drive my m-Lores with a 50 watt amp from Emotiva. I am eagerly awaiting Schiits new speaker amps...

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #10,985 of 152,593
I liked the Salk Song3 so much in our room I bought them from Jim after the show.

Would love to know how they sound on the Schiit (redacted)!

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #10,986 of 152,593
Jun 8, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #10,988 of 152,593
Wonderful 2 channel audio can be had for reasonable money. Heck exquisite 2 channel audio can be had for fairly reasonable money. Or you can pay prices that as my dad says "for that money, it better have a back yard!"

Yeah my old man has a Mcintosh tube amplifier, a technics turn table, a Marantz CD player and some vintage Technics speakers and it blows my mind every time I hear it. Well under the price for one of those $15,000 mono blocks. Yikes.

Unfortunately living in an apartment means my upstairs neighbors (hallways on the sides, so I have an air buffer for my next door neighbors) complain every time I watch a movie on my klipsch surround setup, so I cant imagine the complaints I would get if I had a nice Schiit 2-channel setup with some musical speakers. The klipsch towers sound great for movies but music is pretty lifeless.

Jun 8, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #10,989 of 152,593
I think I'll get a pair of Elac F6's for the Schiit speaker system looming in the future. I probably have to move first though, since my Genelecs have already pissed off the neighbors.

Jun 8, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #10,990 of 152,593
I wonder if my klipsch towers would sound more musical through a good 2-channel amp instead of the sony 7.1 I have powering them now. They sound better since I switched to bi-amp but they are still somewhat lifeless for music. 

Sorry for somewhat OT... Just getting excited for Schiit 2-channel!

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #10,992 of 152,593
+1 for the Salk speakers.  Not only do they sound great, but even the "standard" finishes are furniture grade. And since Salk, like Schiit, is an ID-only company, the bang-for-buck ratio can be very high, relative to competition in the same price class.  IMO.

Maybe you could get Jim to bring some Exotica or Silk monitors to RMAF. I'll bet an Iggy/Ragnarok combo would make them sing. :tongue_smile:  

Have not heard better bargain speakers than Evolution Acoustics MMMicroOnes, period. And I have heard alot of speakers. The only speakers I enjoyed more than EA MMMicroOnes (regardless of price) were the Raidho Bookshelfs and they were $40,000. But ofcourse I haven't heard the new Salk 3's, hope to hear it someday.

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #10,995 of 152,593
Do they have a product page? Can't find them on their website...

Google EA MicroOnes and you should get product page. I'm on it right now but can't link because I'm on tablet.

I just checked their website and it's listed at $4,000.00 now and I forgot. When it first came out it was $2,000.00 including stands and at that price it was best bargain in audio, period.

I see some are being sold now and then on Audiogon used though.

Check Audiogon and whatsbestforum.com user reviews and you see people absolutely going nuts over these speakers when it first came out. I had to hear it and when I heard it, I knew it was no hype. MTM ribbon tweeters and tight detailed bass down to 30hz for a bookshelf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back