Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 5, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #10,951 of 150,605
Jun 6, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #10,952 of 150,605
I admit to being 61...and am sure "high end audio" is a dream quest.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #10,953 of 150,605

I am 52 and the quest for the best high end audio to my humble ears, is never ending. Us audacious Audiophiles need things we do not have and have things we no longer need...and this cycle can be unevenly distributed and lead to potential Audiophile unhappiness lol. A wise Audiophile learns to appreciate what one has and that magical moment of timeless enjoyment of the gear. Good luck on your Audiophile dream quest.:)

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #10,954 of 150,605

I am 52 and the quest for the best high end audio to my humble ears, is never ending. Us audacious Audiophiles need things we do not have and have things we no longer need...and this cycle can be unevenly distributed and lead to potential Audiophile unhappiness lol. A wise Audiophile learns to appreciate what one has and that magical moment of timeless enjoyment of the gear. Good luck on your Audiophile dream quest.
smily_headphones1.gif

I like where this thread is going, it makes me feel young (31) 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #10,955 of 150,605

I like where this thread is going, it makes me feel young (31) 
smily_headphones1.gif

That is because 31 is young...

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #10,959 of 150,605

Somewhat on topic, did anyone visit Schiit at THEShow Newport over the weekend? Impressions?

I visited the Schiit room a few times during the show, and it was one of my favorite rooms. They played a trumpet piece that almost brought tears to my eyes. The trumpet sounded so real (and it sounded sad to my ears - talk about conveying emotion through music!). Overall the system had a very natural and effortless sound. Now, how about adding a remote control to the Ragnarok?

Jun 6, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #10,960 of 150,605

I admit to being 63... and too deaf to hear it any longer. In six months, the frequency response of my ears has plummeted. i can't even hear the kitchen timer, so I think I can take super-tweater off the wish list.

Well, hey ho... i can still hear some of the music, and at least I've finished spending on this stuff, even if I haven't given up all the forums yet

cool.gif

Jun 6, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #10,961 of 150,605

I visited the Schiit room a few times during the show, and it was one of my favorite rooms. They played a trumpet piece that almost brought tears to my eyes. The trumpet sounded so real (and it sounded sad to my ears - talk about conveying emotion through music!). Overall the system had a very natural and effortless sound. Now, how about adding a remote control to the Ragnarok?

I imagine it was Yggy/Rag... What speakers did they use?

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #10,962 of 150,605
We were using the new Salk Song3s. Which sounded absolutely fantastic. I'm hoping that Salk wants to work with us for the speaker room at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. I was a little embarrassed that the electronics cost more than the speakers. Hopefully we can solve that for the next show...

(...though, hilariously, a lot of the listeners seemed to want to add a zero onto the end of all the prices—the total room cost was well less than $10K—but, with a room down the hall literally saying, "stunning value" and "bargain" in the same sentence as "$20k preamp," I guess $1700-$2900 components seem like a value meal.)

Hint to the other guys: $20K for a single component is NOT a bargain. Unless it's a friggin CAR. 

And you wonder why high end is dying? Like, duh!

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 6, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #10,963 of 150,605
  I was a little embarrassed that the electronics cost more than the speakers. Hopefully we can solve that for the next show...

Didn't you talk to any of the guys at the show Jason? You're supposed to pay 3x the speaker price in electronics and then go out and buy speakers that are 10x more expensive. That's how you do it.

Jun 6, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #10,964 of 150,605
  I was a little embarrassed that the electronics cost more than the speakers. Hopefully we can solve that for the next show...

Oooh affordable 2-channel Schiit is coming, I can smell it!

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #10,965 of 150,605
  We were using the new Salk Song3s. Which sounded absolutely fantastic. I'm hoping that Salk wants to work with us for the speaker room at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. I was a little embarrassed that the electronics cost more than the speakers. Hopefully we can solve that for the next show...

(...though, hilariously, a lot of the listeners seemed to want to add a zero onto the end of all the prices—the total room cost was well less than $10K—but, with a room down the hall literally saying, "stunning value" and "bargain" in the same sentence as "$20k preamp," I guess $1700-$2900 components seem like a value meal.)

Hint to the other guys: $20K for a single component is NOT a bargain. Unless it's a friggin CAR. 

And you wonder why high end is dying? Like, duh!

+1 for the Salk speakers.  Not only do they sound great, but even the "standard" finishes are furniture grade. And since Salk, like Schiit, is an ID-only company, the bang-for-buck ratio can be very high, relative to competition in the same price class.  IMO.

Maybe you could get Jim to bring some Exotica or Silk monitors to RMAF. I'll bet an Iggy/Ragnarok combo would make them sing.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back