Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 12, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #108,001 of 153,242
Do you get many comments on your knob?

:)'
JC
young-frankenstein.gif

Knobs...Knockers...Close enough, eh?

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #108,002 of 153,242
How's your cd collection? 😉 Because it's sounding like the urd may be the only such device. BTW I got really good results with a jitterbug on the OG MM.

I was in high school in the 90s so actually pretty vast and it crossed my mind, however I fear the Urd is going to be much more money that I am willing to spend on something like that.

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #108,006 of 153,242
It would be nice to post on topic and move food and other topics elsewhere. :)
You must be new. Very little is off topic here.😎

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #108,007 of 153,242
I was in high school in the 90s so actually pretty vast and it crossed my mind, however I fear the Urd is going to be much more money that I am willing to spend on something like that.
If I may? Never spend more than you can comfortably "regret". It is a hobby and therefore should be enjoyable. Listen to your music and look at your equipment. Digital is about 0s and 1s but music is about your heart and soul. Do not strain at a bit and listen to find fault. Listen to find memories associated with the music.

Enough toadish ramblin'! Never forget what Rameses said: So let it be written. So let it be FUN!

Jan 12, 2023 at 9:53 PM Post #108,010 of 153,242
The milk can only be sold at the farm, it is not allowed to be transported before consumption. In case it is transported it must be pasteurised before consumption
There are several farmers that have a raw milk sales tap at their doorstep. Bring your own bottles! You can't buy raw milk in stores or supermarkets!
In actual fact you drink the milk direct from the refrigerated storage tank before it goes to the milk factory.

milktap.jpeg

Unpasteurised cheese on the other hand is pretty commonly available. It is know as "farmers cheese" in the Netherlands.
It is only allowed to carry that naming in case it is made at the farm from raw milk
When made into cheese it can be transported just like Roquefort or Reblochon (also raw milk cheese types), "Fromage au lait cru" in French
Cheese made from raw milk has a deeper flavour and a higher nutritional value than pasteurized cheeses.
Healthy raw milk adds good bacteria to your digestive system and brings its own package of digestive enzymes with it that help to digest sugars, fats, and proteins

If you can find a bio organic farmer that sells raw milk and cheese, the taste is even better.
We buy our raw milk bio organic cheese here: https://www.ruygeweydekaas.nl/?lang=en
Thanks for the tips @wout31

Definitely be trying the cheese, but not sure will be getting to a farm (on the current plan at least)

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #108,011 of 153,242
If I may? Never spend more than you can comfortably "regret". It is a hobby and therefore should be enjoyable. Listen to your music and look at your equipment. Digital is about 0s and 1s but music is about your heart and soul. Do not strain at a bit and listen to find fault. Listen to find memories associated with the music.

Enough toadish ramblin'! Never forget what Rameses said: So let it be written. So let it be FUN!

Nah my stop is somewhere in the middle of the schiit line like jot. I looked into expensive headphones until I realized I didn't like heavy headphones and decided to get some Sennheiser hd6xxs. They are satisfactory and scale well.

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #108,012 of 153,242
And HD6XX is easily modded to further improve an excellent value proposition.

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #108,013 of 153,242
My son lives by RAAF Elizabeth, but there was nothing of interest when I was last there. If you are still in that area, Point Cook is worth a visit.
Its been a long while since I have been the museum at Pt. Cook. It's only about a 90 min drive, should make a point of another visit!

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #108,014 of 153,242
The first airshow I attended was at a small municipal airport outside Chicago. My buddy's dad ran the facility, so we got to drive the "follow me" Jeep. That was a woot. 😁
Nice. :sunglasses: I was lucky enough also one year to get out on the show line of flight to take photos. This is right under the flight paths of the aircraft, usually a few hundred meters away from and parallel to the crowd. An F-15 pulling up under 'burners above you instead of a distance in front of you is pretty sweet too!

Jan 12, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #108,015 of 153,242

Users who are viewing this thread

Back