Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jan 13, 2023 at 5:10 AM Post #108,032 of 154,327
It would be nice to post on topic and move food and other topics elsewhere. :)
Welcome to the strangeness that is this Forum ! feel free to post Audio based things , you will get some fantastic advice and feedback ( no pun intended ) plus suggestions on this that and the other - as you get to know us a response will trigger a memory or experience that may be a bit off topic - but you want to share that with us and before you know it you too will be sharing food , drink transport and other stuff that make life wonderful !! enjoy

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #108,034 of 154,327
My Sweet Lord. Indeed.

essential-iii-george-harrison-6-product.jpg

Jan 13, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #108,035 of 154,327
Pull up a chair, enjoy a beer, wine, whiskey, Ice Tea (ORT), post a picture of your Cat, Dog, Jet, and enjoy the ride 😉

I have learned a lot of real life Schiit here, received many great music 🎶 suggestions and met some awesome people.
me (2).jpg
Not a jet but great fun belting down twisty hills in the UK at great speed

Jan 13, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #108,037 of 154,327
young-frankenstein.gif

Knobs...Knockers...Close enough, eh?

Back home in there UK, there was a store called knobs and knockers. It sold door knobs and door knockers. But it did used to make me chuckle whenever I walked past the store.

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #108,038 of 154,327
We have two airshows near me. 1 is thunder over Michigan, Ive always wanted to go and take the kids but they have been doing their level best to price as many people out of that show as possible over the past few years. Then we have one at our air national guard base Selfridge which is actually free. We finally got to go last year and it was a lot of fun. We will probably go again this year and hopefully TOM unscrews their prices eventually because they actually get some good lineups.

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #108,039 of 154,327
I'm familiar with that defect it's a trade off I can live with. I mean really it's a gift, not only can I differentiate good southern BBQ from NC swill, I can walk and chew bubble gum at the same time, win win if you ask me.

Huh, smilies arent working so just know I'm grinning real big as I sip my Cheerwine while typing this.
So all you bbcue experts discuss the merits of vinegar based vs non vinegar based. my palate was blessed because I like both!
So while your talking I am eating them both!

And sipping a cheerwine to boot!

lol!

Good Morning!
Alex

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #108,040 of 154,327
Back on topic with "cilantro", there was a time when I couldn't walk into restaurant and find a dish that wasn't smothered in it because it was the spice du jour, every day.

My grandfather was a taster, which was very unfortunate for him since my grandmother's favorite food was Mexican.

Eventually they found the perfect compromise: There is a strip mall about a mile down the hill from their house. It has quick-service Mexican and Chinese restaurants next door to each other. So they'd drive down, each go in and buy their food, drive back home and eat together.

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #108,041 of 154,327
All good, ignore the swift pile-on. I tilted at the same windmill last year and gave up and joined in.

Will say, the reason it did perturb me some is that for several of the schiit products, there are no threads, and this really does appear to be the only active thread to read about and/ or ask questions.

Happy listening 🎶
When I get a Schiit product I open or start and appreciation or impressions thread for discussion. Sometimes its a real "review" or experience. You can do the same...just check to see if one is not already there.

You can ask questions about anything Schiit here and many folks will chime in and help..its a good bunch of folks here...
Enjoy and welcome!
:>)

Jan 13, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #108,042 of 154,327
My grandfather was a taster, which was very unfortunate for him since my grandmother's favorite food was Mexican.

Eventually they found the perfect compromise: There is a strip mall about a mile down the hill from their house. It has quick-service Mexican and Chinese restaurants next door to each other. So they'd drive down, each go in and buy their food, drive back home and eat together.
My kids had serious fast food wars as we drove cross country. Every exit had two or three places. When they got old enough I’d pull into one and give every kid $5 (it was years ago) and they could each go to the place of their choice, they would then meet us at Mom’s choice and we’d eat together.

Jan 13, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #108,043 of 154,327
My kids had serious fast food wars as we drove cross country. Every exit had two or three places. When they got old enough I’d pull into one and give every kid $5 (it was years ago) and they could each go to the place of their choice, they would then meet us at Mom’s choice and we’d eat together.

I would start complaining about current food prices, but that would make me feel that I'd turned into my father-in-law...! 🤪 🤪

Jan 13, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #108,044 of 154,327
I would start complaining about current food prices, but that would make me feel that I'd turned into my father-in-law...! 🤪 🤪
I’m not complaining, but lately my restaurant bills have increased to 2x the precovid levels. This includes steak and pizza and everything in between. I’m not complaining because I understand many have trouble feeding themselves. So I feel like I’m still one of the fortunate ones.

Jan 13, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #108,045 of 154,327
I Love Asparagus - it doesn't love me !! It makes me stink through every pore and if I go for a pee :tired_face::tired_face:OMG - but I still love Asparagus !!
When I was growing up, my dad had about 1/5 of his garden "acreage" planted with asparagus. The garden itself was probably 1/10 of an acre. Anyway, I loved going out there to pick it for supper that night! After dad died in '99 and mom had to sell the house in 2005, I drove by one Thanksgiving holiday and actually cried. The people that bought the house turned the entire garden into lawn. That patch of asparagus, not to mention the rhubarb, had been producing delicious spears for over fifty years. I never went back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back