Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 8, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #105,286 of 152,542
Just squeeze some fruit, add good tequila and equal parts Cointreau or equivalent and some ice. If needed try adding a little agave nectar instead of simple syrup to sweeten the pot. Just don't get me started on margies, I am better at them than Schiit gear although I have mostly sworn off them in favor of a good Cab now days since I can drink a hell of a lot more wine than margies and get less calories and less alcohol per volume.
🤪🤪 4972894E-4BBB-45FF-9ED0-B8DC1AAC7532.jpeg

This is my favorite margarita. Salt foam dry orange curaçao, fresh lime juice. Each is hand shaken, no pitcher of drinks here.🤪

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #105,287 of 152,542
🤪🤪4972894E-4BBB-45FF-9ED0-B8DC1AAC7532.jpeg

This is my favorite margarita. Salt foam dry orange curaçao, fresh lime juice. Each is hand shaken, no pitcher of drinks here.🤪
How do you keep it from leaking out between your fingers when you shake it? Fat fingers? :laughing: :laughing:

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #105,288 of 152,542
I am sincerely impressed! The city I studied in in Germany had a Pizza Hut that occasionally did an all you can eat, which is still my only experience with any Pizza Hut anywhere. Reasonably tasty, but if I got to eight of anything there it was at best slices...
Well, thank you! I almost went to Germany for a summer when I was a child but I was (still am!) afraid of flying although I will do it if need be. Some relatives came to visit us one summer and they asked my parents if they could have me over as they wanted to show the locals how much I could eat and drink (iced tea or pop!) and win a few bets, or so they laughingly said! I was just too afraid to go.

Every few months for some odd reason (planetary alignments?) I am over come with a great hunger and will eat one of those Round Table XL Garlic Chicken Supreme pizzas in about 15 or 20 minutes. Or a 14 piece bucket of KFC. I have a hummingbird metabolism and used to eat one of those Costco Cheesecakes along with a Chocolate Creme Pie while watching a movie. Calories is all I was after.

I am saving money by being normal now. Well, at least as far as eating goes I am "normal".

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #105,289 of 152,542
Even more fountain pen info. Thanks!
NP, Kinokuniya in the Galleria on Al Maryah Island has Lamy, IIRC! And I'm after great writing pens, not a status symbol.

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #105,290 of 152,542
Oh yeah LIM hooked up. Left the BF 2/64 in place for shootout, but even after only having the LIM warming up for an hour I already know who's gonna win 🙂

Was almost having regrets dropping this much on a DAC, but the closeout deal was too good to pass up! I imagine even if I decide to sell I'll recoup a lot of the cost.

20221208_180421.jpg

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #105,291 of 152,542
Oh yeah LIM hooked up. Left the BF 2/64 in place for shootout, but even after only having the LIM warming up for an hour I already know who's gonna win 🙂

Was almost having regrets dropping this much on a DAC, but the closeout deal was too good to pass up! I imagine even if I decide to sell I'll recoup a lot of the cost.

20221208_180421.jpg
Nice ! I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the LIM vs the BF 2/64.

Dec 8, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #105,292 of 152,542
AFAIK, Lansdale never manufactured receiving tubes, they just tested and graded them. The Landale labeled 7N7 is one of my favorite 6SN7 variants, but was manufactured by Sylvania. I've never had or heard the 12AU7...be interesting to find out who manufactured it.

We were talking 12Au7's. Lansdale history is fairly complex. You have to look under tubes manufactured for the military, my tubes are marked CBRZ Lansdale tube company.
CNU is national union that later became the Lansdale tube company. CHS is Sylvania. Below is someone else's opinion. I did think that the military code told who really made the tube.

Review (mpn: 6189-12AU7WA-E82CC-ECC82 For Sale) Pair Lansdale Cbrz Black Plate Nos Values 12AU7WA-6189 Philco Tube Company​

Lansdale are so often misidentified, and its a shame as hearing Sylvan Tube thinking ruins it.

They used only Lansdale for their 12au7 Tubes from that point after the contracts were probably up. These have shiny black plates and foil getter's. I truly appreciate your understanding in these things. There may be rare cases that something is not ideal gets through.

I've seen 1952 Lansdale Tubes listed as Lansdale, but they are actually Sylvan. Lansdale and Sylvan are no way related other than Philco using them both as suppliers. Lansdale originally was a supplier to Philco as Sylvan in the very early 1950s then, purchased Tube company, and rest is history. If you'd like to know how spot the differences and correctly identify them, please just message me.

No matter how good testing is done with Tube testers, this will never replace in socket. The construction is a dead giveaway as to which. For sale is very strong nos values matched pair Lansdale 6189 12AU7WA black plate Tubes. Its not fair to others that can pay right now for items or me lose time from having the item listed.

I'd love to explain. I'm quite reasonable and sometimes things just happen. I snag Lansdale listed as Sylvan all the time love their Tubes. These are the best of.

It is my pleasure to offer the best Tubes I possibly can. A few words about when you agree to purchase an item by Inga the. These have been tested for gm on my Hickok TV-3 bu tester. I test all Tubes multiple times in my and testers.

One has a red tip on it suggesting they were extra specially tested and selected for their intended purposes. These Tubes are excellent good in both regards. You will find that some early Philco Tubes boxes had Sylvan labeled and Lansdale in. Thank you for looking.

After trying close to 200 12au7 variants these are at or very near the top in my book. Also, know that just because some Tubes are priced higher doesn't always mean they better. I want you happy with your purchase. This is not to say that it will work the same your though.

Regardless, I went through a large lot of these Tubes and about 60 them cut the mustard as far noise an micro phonics is concerned. Don't pass these Tubes up because little has been written on them. It may have just been missed on a few of the Tubes are red tips wore off. If you have questions about some general characteristics of how a Tube sounds, let me know and I will try to help.

Please see photos for their condition. In my experience, the Lansdale Tubes at superior every way. I had a huge stash of Tubes nib that were both. The scores on this Tubes are: 2600 these will come securely packaged in generic white boxes.

These are 12au7 ecc82 variants. Please check out my other listings. These are excellent sounding Tubes. If you can find true Lansdale Tubes, they're amazing.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2022 at 9:38 PM Post #105,293 of 152,542
Nice ! I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the LIM vs the BF 2/64.
Can do! After driving to & from the schiitr in rush hour traffic and holding the stress positions necessary to set the LIM up in that rack, I can barely form a coherent thought.

But yeah even after only a half hour I thought, "Ooh, more sparkle and soundstage depth". Still kind of lacking slam, but if memory serves that gets better on schiit MB dacs with break in.

Will go into more depth eventually

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #105,295 of 152,542
We were talking 12Au7's. Lansdale history is fairly complex. You have to look under tubes manufactured for the military, my tubes are marked CBRZ Lansdale tube company.
CNU is national union that later became the Lansdale tube company. CHS is Sylvania. Below is someone else's opinion. I did think that the military code told who really made the tube.

Review (mpn: 6189-12AU7WA-E82CC-ECC82 For Sale) Pair Lansdale Cbrz Black Plate Nos Values 12AU7WA-6189 Philco Tube Company​

Lansdale are so often misidentified, and its a shame as hearing Sylvan Tube thinking ruins it.

They used only Lansdale for their 12au7 Tubes from that point after the contracts were probably up. These have shiny black plates and foil getter's. I truly appreciate your understanding in these things. There may be rare cases that something is not ideal gets through.

I've seen 1952 Lansdale Tubes listed as Lansdale, but they are actually Sylvan. Lansdale and Sylvan are no way related other than Philco using them both as suppliers. Lansdale originally was a supplier to Philco as Sylvan in the very early 1950s then, purchased Tube company, and rest is history. If you'd like to know how spot the differences and correctly identify them, please just message me.

No matter how good testing is done with Tube testers, this will never replace in socket. The construction is a dead giveaway as to which. For sale is very strong nos values matched pair Lansdale 6189 12AU7WA black plate Tubes. Its not fair to others that can pay right now for items or me lose time from having the item listed.

I'd love to explain. I'm quite reasonable and sometimes things just happen. I snag Lansdale listed as Sylvan all the time love their Tubes. These are the best of.

It is my pleasure to offer the best Tubes I possibly can. A few words about when you agree to purchase an item by Inga the. These have been tested for gm on my Hickok TV-3 bu tester. I test all Tubes multiple times in my and testers.

One has a red tip on it suggesting they were extra specially tested and selected for their intended purposes. These Tubes are excellent good in both regards. You will find that some early Philco Tubes boxes had Sylvan labeled and Lansdale in. Thank you for looking.

After trying close to 200 12au7 variants these are at or very near the top in my book. Also, know that just because some Tubes are priced higher doesn't always mean they better. I want you happy with your purchase. This is not to say that it will work the same your though.

Regardless, I went through a large lot of these Tubes and about 60 them cut the mustard as far noise an micro phonics is concerned. Don't pass these Tubes up because little has been written on them. It may have just been missed on a few of the Tubes are red tips wore off. If you have questions about some general characteristics of how a Tube sounds, let me know and I will try to help.

Please see photos for their condition. In my experience, the Lansdale Tubes at superior every way. I had a huge stash of Tubes nib that were both. The scores on this Tubes are: 2600 these will come securely packaged in generic white boxes.

These are 12au7 ecc82 variants. Please check out my other listings. These are excellent sounding Tubes. If you can find true Lansdale Tubes, they're amazing.
Yeah, a lot of this old tube history is hard to find. Lots of opinions floating around, but difficult to determine the facts at times. The Lansdale plant was built in 1942 by National Union and operated by them until 1947 when it was bought by Philco. Philco used the plant (mostly) to make television CRT's, and later added transistor production, but it's not clear if they continued to make receiving tubes at this plant after purchasing from National Union. Many of the tubes labeled as Lansdale Tube Company were clearly made by others (Sylvania, RCA, Raytheon). The 7N7 I noted above also has the CBRZ military designation but was definitely made by Sylvania. It is possible Philco manufactured tubes at that plant under the Lansdale name...just hard to find definitive information one way or the other.

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #105,296 of 152,542
For delivery around my parts, we have Dominos, Marcos, and Papa Johns. Of the three, Dominos tastes the best, but their service consistently sucks. Marcos is OK at best, but their service is normally pretty good. Papa Johns has variable service, but the pizza is kind of like eating cardboard. Something *I* should like, I know.

Note that I said "of the three." I don't consider any of them to be good, just better than starving when you don't have time to cook or go out. 🤣
ROFL, I like dominos because even though they are only like a mile away, they constantly F up delivering my order on time so I pretty much get a free pizza every time I order one.

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #105,298 of 152,542
NP, Kinokuniya in the Galleria on Al Maryah Island has Lamy, IIRC! And I'm after great writing pens, not a status symbol.
I know! That is the only good book shop / pen shop in Abu Dhabi (there is one in the Dubai Mall in Dubai too). As I live very close (Reem Island), this is my go to mall. It is my plan to go there in the weekend to see if they have the Lamy 2000. Not tempting at all. NOT TEMPTING AT ALL.

And I checked the Diplomat Aero online. I really really like the design. With gold nib rightly priced for a Christmas present I would think......

I am a bit surprised though, that whilst most people I know here in Abu Dhabi don't know of the existence of Kinokuniya, someone from Bakersfield, California has that information.

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #105,299 of 152,542
Yeah, a lot of this old tube history is hard to find. Lots of opinions floating around, but difficult to determine the facts at times. The Lansdale plant was built in 1942 by National Union and operated by them until 1947 when it was bought by Philco. Philco used the plant (mostly) to make television CRT's, and later added transistor production, but it's not clear if they continued to make receiving tubes at this plant after purchasing from National Union. Many of the tubes labeled as Lansdale Tube Company were clearly made by others (Sylvania, RCA, Raytheon). The 7N7 I noted above also has the CBRZ military designation but was definitely made by Sylvania. It is possible Philco manufactured tubes at that plant under the Lansdale name...just hard to find definitive information one way or the other.
Yeah I read that history, as well as other interpretations. I do like the sound of those tubes.🤪

Dec 8, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #105,300 of 152,542
Yeah I read that history, as well as other interpretations. I do like the sound of those tubes.🤪
You should probably send me one so I can see if your ears are still properly calibrated. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back