Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 18, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #98,116 of 150,789
So I just got my LISST about a half an hour ago and I really love them already. However, this makes me think maybe I should just have a Freya S instead of the +. I have several very nice sets of tubes and I am definitely hearing better clarity and a more defined bass. Definitely not as “warm” as the tubes but the change is a move in the positive direction for my system (transport - Yggy - Freya - Tyr’s).

Aug 18, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #98,117 of 150,789
So I just got my LISST about a half an hour ago and I really love them already. However, this makes me think maybe I should just have a Freya S instead of the +. I have several very nice sets of tubes and I am definitely hearing better clarity and a more defined bass. Definitely not as “warm” as the tubes but the change is a move in the positive direction for my system (transport - Yggy - Freya - Tyr’s).
Lisst sounds better than most 6SN7s. A select few 6SN7s sound better than Lisst. Using a Freya+ leaves you with options, Freya S doesn't.
Plus, the solid state amp section in Freya S uses a different topology than what's in Lisst, so it'll sound different. By which I mean to say: The fact that you like the sound of Lisst does absolutely not mean that you would equally enjoy the sound of a Freya S.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #98,118 of 150,789
Alrighty, now. I am the world's worst forum searcher, so I'm gonna ask my silly LISST questions...

1. Has anyone compared the sound of this new LISST with the OG LISST?
2. Has @Jason Stoddard commented previously on whether they are architecturally the same as OG or different?

I'm not really sure if they are NEW tech or OLD tech re-packaged for a more neato appearance.

Thx!!

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #98,119 of 150,789
Alrighty, now. I am the world's worst forum searcher, so I'm gonna ask my silly LISST questions...

2. Has @Jason Stoddard commented previously on whether they are architecturally the same as OG or different?

I'm not really sure if they are NEW tech or OLD tech re-packaged for a more neato appearance.

Thx!!
1. Doubt it, except maybe for Jason and other Team Schiit folks. Unclear how many OG owners would order the new run, but in any event they'd probably need an extremely resolving equipment chain as well as excellent ears to perceive any differences, because...
2. Jason mentioned somewhere that there are only negligible differences between them (outside of the obvious physical differences with the shell and base).

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #98,120 of 150,789
Lisst sounds better than most 6SN7s. A select few 6SN7s sound better than Lisst. Using a Freya+ leaves you with options, Freya S doesn't.
Plus, the solid state amp section in Freya S uses a different topology than what's in Lisst, so it'll sound different. By which I mean to say: The fact that you like the sound of Lisst does absolutely not mean that you would equally enjoy the sound of a Freya S.
This is what I was already thinking in regards to liking the sound and the + giving me more options. It’s a great product and I’m really impressed it sounds as good as it does. It does run pretty hot still but that’s not a problem, just an observation.

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #98,121 of 150,789

Thx!!
U lazy man :ksc75smile:
Just searched “this thread” for Lisst posted by user Jason S

Searching for “liszt” will yield a different set of responses :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sch...most-improbable-start-up.701900/post-16916893

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #98,122 of 150,789
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #98,123 of 150,789
Plus Freya S is for people who are afraid of tubes. Freya + with Lisst is for people who are not afraid of tubes or solid state. (I'm saying this tongue in cheek, please do not get insulted, it's the Schiit thread, for heaven's sake!)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #98,124 of 150,789
Plus Freya S is for people who are afraid of tubes. Freya + with Lisst is for people who are not afraid of tubes or solid state. (I'm saying this tongue in cheek, please do not get insulted, it's the Schiit thread, for heaven's sake!)
I'm terrified of anything that contains smoke......

I do own a Freya S, plus one of Toms' Incubus Elegans. Both are very fun to listen to.

Aug 18, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #98,125 of 150,789

Thx!!
Skip to about 30 minutes in. BTW, that was my question.

Aug 18, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #98,126 of 150,789
I just want them to make a tube-based phono preamp, they mention in the vid is the #1 thing marketing data shows a desire for.

Aug 18, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #98,127 of 150,789
I'm terrified of anything that contains smoke......

I do own a Freya S, plus one of Toms' Incubus Elegans. Both are very fun to listen to.
But... ALL electronics contain magic smoke...

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #98,128 of 150,789
If there are any brave souls out there who try the new LISSTs in NON-SCHITT gear, would you please post your results here? I'd be curious about them in my preamp, but not worth risking damaging it. In other words, if you are happy to risk damaging your gear...wait that didn't come out right. Let me try again - if you are so freely flush with cash that it wouldn't pose much of a blip on your radar to potentially blow up your equipment and set fire to your house, then...Wait no again, that doesn't sound right either. Scratch all but my first sentence and read between the...line...

Aug 18, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #98,129 of 150,789
If there are any brave souls out there who try the new LISSTs in NON-SCHITT gear, would you please post your results here? I'd be curious about them in my preamp, but not worth risking damaging it. In other words, if you are happy to risk damaging your gear...wait that didn't come out right. Let me try again - if you are so freely flush with cash that it wouldn't pose much of a blip on your radar to potentially blow up your equipment and set fire to your house, then...Wait no again, that doesn't sound right either. Scratch all but my first sentence and read between the...line...
Penguins are afraid to jump into the water because a walrus might be waiting to eat them. They crowd closer and push until one falls in. If the first one doesn’t get eaten they all jump in.

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #98,130 of 150,789
The new LISST has arrived and is currently enjoying its place in the Lyr 3. It's shorter than I expected (the picture is without a tube socket). Impressions to follow.

LISST in Lyr 3 Small 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back