Jun 6, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #94,249 of 152,719
I stand corrected. :D

Jun 6, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #94,250 of 152,719
Just don't post a picture of that sexy amp in the Schiit thread. :smirk:
1654564818711.png

Oh, wait...you said don't post. My bust. :laughing:

Jun 6, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #94,252 of 152,719
Jun 6, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #94,253 of 152,719
Good radio stations across the country disappeared as conglomerates like Clear Channel/iHeartMedia bought broadcast stations and replaced them with bland generic programming.
Happened here. 107.5 was one of two rock stations, then 101.1 (KLOL) went bust. 107.5 morphed in to the classic rock station, but it's more of a Top 40 of Classic Rock, I swear they only have two hundred songs in their library.

Texas Monthly magazine's 50 best BBQ joints in the Lone Star State:

The Top 10.

1. Goldee's Barbecue (Fort Worth)
2. InterStellar BBQ (Austin)
3. Truth Barbeque (Houston)
4. Burnt Bean Co. (Seguin)
5. LeRoy and Lewis Barbecue (Austin)
6. Cattleack Barbeque (Dallas)
7. Franklin Barbecue (Austin)
8. Evie Mae's Pit Barbeque (Wolfforth)
9. Snow's BBQ (Lexington)
10. Panther City BBQ (Fort Worth)

I wonder what's on NC's Top 10...? 😂
NC votes on their favorite BBQ restaurants. Results are in:

Been done...

Rush-GettyImages-81795019-2.jpg
I miss Mr. Peart. I never met him, but I miss him. It makes me sad I'll never see Rush live again.

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #94,254 of 152,719
I bet a Sheetz is considered black tie in NC...! 🧐
Sheetz is a PA brand. What's it got to do with NC?

(aside: we're a wawa family. youngest is horrified sheetz is daring to set up shop two towns (munis?) over...)

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:48 PM Post #94,255 of 152,719
I don't think great sound and great looks are mutually exclusive. I also think the same re: brains and beauty. 😉
How about golf skills and beauty? I think that Tiger guy is a hottie :)

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #94,256 of 152,719
We!l, processor seems to me to be too specific. It's also a source switcher, or what we quaintly call a pre-amp.

I did use to call my Emotiva UMX-200 a pre-pro, for preamp-processor. But it was a bit of a pain in use because I needed an external tuner with it, and an extra box(es) for amplification. Also, when I downsized to my modest condo it was just impractical.

I replaced it with a Denon A/V receiver that, as with ye olde receivers of yore, had a power amp built in.
For my on-going downsizing I kept the pre-pro and went wireless using some Russound tech. Having the amps built-in would have been pointless.
Looking forward to upgrading to a WISA Piega Ace 30 system, in the alternate reality that has my winning lotto numbers...

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #94,257 of 152,719
Texas Monthly magazine's 50 best BBQ joints in the Lone Star State:

The Top 10.

I wonder what's on NC's Top 10...? 😂
My favorite restaurant in Texas is actually The Original Ninfa's on Navigation in Houston. One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at and it is also all wood fired. Their cochinita pibil and grilled quail and rabbit and grilled octopus are all superb! Who needs brisket when you can eat those?

Jun 6, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #94,258 of 152,719
That was me.

Agree 100% I always buy the 4k HDR atmos disc for movies I like and will watch again. Streaming service “Atmos” is disappointing at best. Streaming movies is sub optimal in general in my experience—both visually and acoustically. If I were a true cinephile who watched only hard format UHD, maybe I’d feel more strongly about my investment. Reality is I’d rather have the wide variety of online movies than spend $$$ on a movie I may or may not watch again.
There is that. For me, I watch discs because
  • the disc is FAR superior to streaming (6Mb/s compressed audio vs 100Mb/s and true lossless audio)
  • the disc is much more reliable than streaming (although, I'm the only one here that regularly has trouble with Netflix streaming)
  • the extras are often fun (have you seen the Thor roommate ones?)
  • the services are constantly losing access to the content (like, now all Star Trek is only on Paramount+?!)
  • captions work reliably, for those of us that are hearing deficient and/or non-British
The 4K/HDR version of Crazy Rich Asians really opened my wife's eyes to what true quality is.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #94,259 of 152,719
My favorite restaurant in Texas is actually The Original Ninfa's on Navigation in Houston. One of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at and it is also all wood fired. Their cochinita pibil and grilled quail and rabbit and grilled octopus are all superb! Who needs brisket when you can eat those?
Gotta give props where due. Eaten there and I agree. It is an excellent choice outside of the BBQ realm.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #94,260 of 152,719
I miss Mr. Peart. I never met him, but I miss him. It makes me sad I'll never see Rush live again.
I'm really glad my brother and nephew convinced me to see them the last time they were here... I've always enjoyed a lot of their music, but seeing them live was something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back