Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 7, 2022 at 12:20 PM Post #94,276 of 155,069
At first I was... Well, the deliberately sounding German when not is a bit... Well, reminds me of how Kraft foods (USA) use a fake front company called Mondélez (yes even with the accented e) in Europe to hide Kraft's association with unhealthy processed food like the mostly-artificial cheese... (Apparently the name was deliberately came up with because it sounded European, similar to Haagen-daazs being owned by General Mills and Nestle - Both Kraft and Nestle are currently being sued in a class action suit by child slaves from Mali, bad behaviour often signals worse stuff)

But... BUT... Then Germany drops out of promised tanks to defend Ukraine... All is forgiven: Please, please, compete with Sennheiser :)

🥴...?

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:26 PM Post #94,277 of 155,069
How are things in your area Stimpy? I plan to head that direction in a few months. I keep sending Schiit audio gear to my son but I may have to show up, unbox it, and set it up lol.

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #94,278 of 155,069
How are things in your area Stimpy? I plan to head that direction in a few months. I keep sending Schiit audio gear to my son but I may have to show up, unbox it, and set it up lol.

Weather wise, it's been very nice. Temps and humidity not too bad for this time of year. Especially for VA.

I would recommend masking up. Whatever the latest variant of Covid is, it has been very active in my area. Very contagious, even though the symptoms are mild. Hopefully, by the time you travel, things would have quieted down by then.

And get that gear up and running. Too nice to stay boxed up. Plus, you don't want anyone from NC, to sneak up and steal the packaging...! Too tempting, if it's left unprotected and accessible. 😆

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #94,279 of 155,069
My sister
At first I was... Well, the deliberately sounding German when not is a bit... Well, reminds me of how Kraft foods (USA) use a fake front company called Mondélez (yes even with the accented e) in Europe to hide Kraft's association with unhealthy processed food like the mostly-artificial cheese... (Apparently the name was deliberately came up with because it sounded European, similar to Haagen-daazs being owned by General Mills and Nestle - Both Kraft and Nestle are currently being sued in a class action suit by child slaves from Mali, bad behaviour often signals worse stuff)

But... BUT... Then Germany drops out of promised tanks to defend Ukraine... All is forgiven: Please, please, compete with Sennheiser :)
My sister in law changed her name from Renee to René, this pyst off much of the family, not me. Then I hired a young Polish woman named Katarzyna and sent her to Houston for six months. She went back to Poland demanding to be called “Kate”, this irritated her Polish coworkers. Ironically the Polish nickname for Katarzyna is “Kasia”, Americans think Kasia sounds mysterious and sexy. Several American women said they would prefer Kasia to Kathy, Cathy or Kate!

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #94,280 of 155,069
My sister in law changed her name from Renee to René, this pyst off much of the family, not me.
René is a male name, Renee is a female name. In Europe that is.
One also sees Renée but only when people have no clue how to use accents in language.
Writing this I realize that your sister might be your brother now.

Jun 7, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #94,281 of 155,069
René is a male name, Renee is a female name. In Europe that is.
One also sees Renée but only when people have no clue how to use accents in language.
Writing this I realize that your sister might be your brother now.
There was no intentional gender change, she was and continues to be "she." I think she simply wanted the diacritical mark.

Jun 7, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #94,282 of 155,069
I believe someone mentioned their wish for things to return to 'normal'? A reference to BBQ & cats. Close enough...? 😄

DAf0XPDW0AAOIuc.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #94,286 of 155,069
Since we're talking about choosing our own names now, you shall heretofore refer to me as His Royal Majesty. That's just the first name.

Your Majesty...! Give us a second or two, and I'm sure we can suggest a suitable last name, if you wish...? 🤔

Though, I am surprised that you didn't want to be known as a Sith Lord...? 😉

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #94,290 of 155,069
I prefer the moniker my wife uses for me -- Mr. Tripod.

I suspect that it is related to my other hobby, photography, but I can't be 100% sure. :smirk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back