Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 29, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #85,006 of 153,412
Yes, free speech is a right.
But to be listened (and responded) to is a privilege that has to be earned. :wink:
Right on to the second part, but in the interest of accuracy, remember that "free speech" does not exist on internet forums like this one unless the forum operators decide to allow it. The Constitutional guarantee does not cover discourse via private channels like forums on the Webz unless it is on a Government-controlled medium. :)

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #85,007 of 153,412
It’s the IE, with both Hi and Lo gain, but labeled the ’3+B’ - good thinking on someone’s part…
Interesting, the PCB on the Amazon product page shows a 3+ board though.

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #85,008 of 153,412
Right on to the second part, but in the interest of accuracy, remember that "free speech" does not exist on internet forums like this one unless the forum operators decide to allow it. The Constitutional guarantee does not cover discourse via private channels like forums on the Webz unless it is on a Government-controlled medium. :)
I'm aware, although it certainly bears repeating because too many people are still not able to make this very important distinction.

Within the context of my post, though, I meant free speech as a right not so much in a constitutional sense but rather on an interpersonal level. :)

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #85,009 of 153,412
Boy, if I'm at the top of the Bell Curve, we are in trouble...! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I enjoy what you say regardless of where you fall on the curve. 😜

Nov 29, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #85,010 of 153,412
I'm an old process/quality guy, so basically a trained observer.
Old quality people are rare - y'all typically get killed by the production & maintenance folks long before old age.

I kid, I kid. Quality guys always ask the fun questions - fun when it is an internal audit/practice audit, not so fun when it is a real audit for IATF or ISO

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #85,014 of 153,412
I would be more critical of a " Government controlled medium".

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #85,016 of 153,412
Old quality people are rare - y'all typically get killed by the production & maintenance folks long before old age.

I kid, I kid. Quality guys always ask the fun questions - fun when it is an internal audit/practice audit, not so fun when it is a real audit for IATF or ISO
I had to befriend those folks, because most of 'em were bigger and certainly stronger (smelling) than me. But, in the end it worked out - we empowered them and that was all it took. Our internal audits were much more stressful than the ISO stuff - that was easy. The difference was that we really looked :)

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #85,017 of 153,412
The "value" in bling is to cover up an insecurity of one type or another. This is the reason advertising tries to create use cases for bling or even tries to create insecurities because without said insecurities, there can be no value in bling.
After enough calories to move, and shelter, it's all bling.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #85,018 of 153,412
After enough calories to move, and shelter, it's all bling.
You need transportation to move around, so you would need a car. Any car will get you from point A to point B. However, once you start concentrating on impressing other people, that car becomes bling. Bling is essentially about impressing others and one tries impress others in order to feed one's own insecurities.

Nov 29, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #85,019 of 153,412
You need transportation to move around, so you would need a car. Any car will get you from point A to point B. However, once you start concentrating on impressing other people, that car becomes bling. Bling is essentially about impressing others and one tries impress others in order to feed one's own insecurities.
:deadhorse: It takes a lot for me to ignore someone on this thread. Done.

ignore.png

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #85,020 of 153,412

Users who are viewing this thread

Back