Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Nov 29, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #85,021 of 153,591
:deadhorse: It takes a lot for me to ignore someone on this thread. Done.

Good move, I am thinking back to a statement on this thread along the lines of “Don’t feed the trolls”, it seems apt right now.

Nov 29, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #85,022 of 153,591
Totally off topic (even more than usual), but am I the only one confused by seemingly every Black Friday and Cyber Monday ad I've run across having vacuum cleaners at the top of the list? Does anyone seriously buy their significant other a vacuum cleaner for Christmas? I can envision the look on my wife's face, and it wouldn't be one of appreciation. :laughing:

Nov 29, 2021 at 7:55 PM Post #85,023 of 153,591
Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #85,024 of 153,591
Totally off topic (even more than usual), but am I the only one confused by seemingly every Black Friday and Cyber Monday ad I've run across having vacuum cleaners at the top of the list? Does anyone seriously buy their significant other a vacuum cleaner for Christmas? I can envision the look on my wife's face, and it wouldn't be one of appreciation. :laughing:
True story...
25-ish years ago a female co-worker told me that her husband bought her a vacuum cleaner for their first Christmas as a married couple. After unwrapping it she threw it at him, aiming for his head. I was skeptical but a few weeks late the husband verified, in great detail, that her story was true.

They're still married and I am happy to learn from his mistake.

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #85,025 of 153,591
What a great gift idea, thanks!😜 I had not ordered the hedge clippers yet. It beats buying bling right?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #85,026 of 153,591

Unless you told her you bought it for yourself and followed through (hint, hint: a good idea). That could result in recurring benefits beginning as soon as tonight...

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #85,027 of 153,591
You are assuming that it is the husband buying the wife a vacuum cleaner when in fact it is the wife treating her hubby to the newest in suction technology.

…wait, no. That came out wrong… 😬

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #85,029 of 153,591
Like @Paladin79 said, I enjoy your posts. And not just because you (mostly) lean towards favoring TX BBQ. But it does help. :beerchug:

I appreciate that...! And I do admit, the pictures of beef brisket on here, make my mouth water! Yum. :yum:

Maybe Schiit should include a sample of brisket, with their Texas products! :thinking:. Buyers wouldn't care how long it took for product to be received, as long as they received a steady supply of brisket loveliness too. :grinning:

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #85,031 of 153,591
If Microsoft made a vacuum cleaner it would be the best

:)
JC
But it would need to rebooted a lot... if it were Apple, it would only work on Apple compatible dirt.

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #85,032 of 153,591
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #85,033 of 153,591
I appreciate that...! And I do admit, the pictures of beef brisket on here, make my mouth water! Yum. :yum:

Maybe Schiit should include a sample of brisket, with their Texas products! :thinking:. Buyers wouldn't care how long it took for product to be received, as long as they received a steady supply of brisket loveliness too. :grinning:

This is one of those sneaky good ideas that pops up on this thread that meanders like the Mississippi delta.

[cue the music]
During the First Year of COVID Christmas,
my relatives sent to me,
One Texas Brisket ....
[stop music]

From the famous Texas BBQ institution, the Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood Texas.

This mail-order brisket was 3 times better than the brisket my wife and I had a few years back when we were vacationing in Texas, and coincidentally happened to pick the Salt Lick BBQ as the place we would go to in order to experience real Texas brisket. The mail-order one was probably the most delicious piece of meat I have ever eaten in my 65 years of life, and we were extremely sad when we ate the last bits of it.

If you have relatives or friends on your holiday gift list but don't have any great ideas ... BRISKET !!! (Not good for vegetarians though.)

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #85,034 of 153,591
I could give THAT to her... notice the Heath Ledger from on her face... strap on my CPAP... turn over... and go to sleep. Forever. Yeahhhhhhhhh, no. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 8:52 PM Post #85,035 of 153,591
You are assuming that it is the husband buying the wife a vacuum cleaner when in fact it is the wife treating her hubby to the newest in suction technology.

…wait, no. That came out wrong… 😬
ROFL!!

If my wife buys me a vacuum cleaner, I'm buying her a lawnmower. :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back