Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 21, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #77,071 of 150,692
Hey, I truly appreciate your interest and support. That's very nice of you. :beerchug:

As to the wait, and the process, I am curious too, but patient. I have a Bifrost MB, that will tide me over, until I ship out my Gungnir for modding. So, no rush. I know it'll be a great piece of gear, when received. 😃
I haven't been able to find any comparisons between the Gungnir delta-sigma and Gungnir multi-bit. I've said often my Bifrost MB has been a revelation. I am not disappointed with the Gungnir I recently bought on the used market. However, I can't get the multi-bit bug out of my ear. So far my initial impressions seem to be holding: the Gungnir is smoother, fuller (in the sense of "completeness of sound" rather than warmer) and maybe a slightly but usefully bit more detailed from the mids up. I've been using the Gungnir with my planars and my Bifrost with my Stax and I can't shake the thought the multi-bit Bifrost has an edge in lower-mid and bass power. The Gungnir DS has good extension and detail retrieval "from the basement", but bass volume is lower compared to higher octaves.

If I can expect increased bass presence without sacrificing extension and detail retrieval all while maintaining all the goodness in the mids and highs, I will happily step into the 81st upgrade slot and wait my turn. I'm just a little hesitant because this mod is somewhat irreversible.

May 21, 2021 at 7:08 PM Post #77,072 of 150,692
I recommend that anyone tired of all the IPA madness but who wants a full body beer without going all the way to stout should look for red ales, especially Scottish ales.

May 21, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #77,074 of 150,692
My Gumby will be a Christmas present to myself...! :grinning:

I was 78 in the queue when I first signed up in early March. Now I'm only 32. I'll be waiting for a while I think.

May 21, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #77,075 of 150,692
I recommend that anyone tired of all the IPA madness but who wants a full body beer without going all the way to stout should look for red ales, especially Scottish ales.
So there is too much maligning of IPAs. I still love my IPAs! Specifically Columbus Brewing Company “Bodhi” DIPA. 🍻🍻

May 21, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #77,077 of 150,692
So there is too much maligning of IPAs. I still love my IPAs! Specifically Columbus Brewing Company “Bodhi” DIPA. 🍻🍻
I'm not maligning, I drink IPAs as well. But they're not the end-all be-all of beer, and the madness is making them bigger and stronger with not enough attention to balance. I say don't limit yourself. Drinking nothing by IPA is like listening to nothing but Justin Bieber. A little Bieber now and then might be fine, but too much and you will want to poke sharp pencils through your eardrums. :)

May 21, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #77,079 of 150,692
Can anyone who's done the multi-bit upgrade for Gungnir let @StimpyWan know what to expect? Even if he doesn't care, I do.

Few years old but this reviewer had D/S and upgraded to Multi-bit. Hope it helps.

May 21, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #77,080 of 150,692
So, they are pushing less than 20 units a month. One per work day. I’m wondering how long the queue for Gumby is now. I gave up on waiting for my Bifrost 2.

The queue is currently at 82. A roughly 4 month wait? :tired_face:

But seriously, I'm not complaining. Just joking, and teasing Schiit a bit. I know they've had a rough year. The last thing I want, is to be perceived as piling on, and keeping any negativity alive. That's not me. I have no problem with waiting, and I'll be ecstatic to receive a new Gumby. Bring it on...! :)

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #77,081 of 150,692
Ah, IPAs. A Vermont craft beer specialty. And there are so many great ones to choose from. But a woman can't live on IPAs alone. I'm also a big fan of craft brew porters and stouts. As well as the red and brown ales. I'm also a big fan of session ales - that way I can have more than one or two in an evening without paying for it the next day. So many craft brews are of the "one and done" alcohol level.

We have a LOT of craft breweries up here in New England. Last road trip my wife and I visited 5 craft breweries on one overnight trip.

May 21, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #77,082 of 150,692
The queue is currently at 82. A roughly 4 month wait? :tired_face:

But seriously, I'm not complaining. Just joking, and teasing Schiit a bit. I know they've had a rough year. The last thing I want, is to be perceived as piling on, and keeping any negativity alive. That's not me. I have no problem with waiting, and I'll be ecstatic to receive a new Gumby. Bring it on...! :)

Same. I'm not complaining. Just patiently waiting for my Schiit. I wanted two months for my Freya+. Was prepared to wait that long for my Bifrost 2 and also a Jot 2 but then I was lucky and snagged a black B stock one a month ago. I see there are a couple of B stock Freya+ in the store now but no multibit DACs.

May 21, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #77,083 of 150,692
I was 78 in the queue when I first signed up in early March. Now I'm only 32. I'll be waiting for a while I think.
Get in the Schiit queue and age in reverse?! Sign me up!

May 21, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #77,084 of 150,692
My Gumby will be a Christmas present to myself...! :grinning:
I signed up for the upgrade to Unison for my Gungnir on 1/9/21. I was 42 of 42 in queue. Four months later, on 5/9/21, I was told to ship my Gungnir in. It arrived in Valencia on 5/12/21. I received an email that they would need a few days to do the upgrade.

So far, no further word.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #77,085 of 150,692
I'm not maligning, I drink IPAs as well. But they're not the end-all be-all of beer, and the madness is making them bigger and stronger with not enough attention to balance. I say don't limit yourself. Drinking nothing by IPA is like listening to nothing but Justin Bieber. A little Bieber now and then might be fine, but too much and you will want to poke sharp pencils through your eardrums. :)
I would say an IPA is more like Tom Waits. Bieber is more of a sour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back