Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 21, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #77,041 of 149,221
It's been 3 weeks since I ordered a Bifrost 2/Jotunheim 2.

1 to 3 weeks to go.......

This 4-6 week lead time is killing me softly, lol.

Can't wait for them to come in.

May 21, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #77,042 of 149,221
Well.... I've LIKEed your post even though I hate it :frowning2: A sad day for Lagunitus and for Newcastle Brown Ale. It's apparently targeted at the US market and the rest of the world will get the original. I assume it's not re-labeled and therefore uninformed consumers (or recently uninformed consumers) wouldn't know they were not actually drinking a Newcastle Brown Ale.

Newcastle Brown Ale has always been the defining exemplar for a brown ale. No longer true in the US anyway :frowning2:

May 21, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #77,043 of 149,221

On May 12th, I ordered a MB upgrade for my Gungnir. At the time, I was in the queue at 72 of 72. This morning, I'm 72 of 80...! So, I feel your pain...! :sob:

May 21, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #77,044 of 149,221
I check every day.

Who am I kidding?

I have a tab open, to "Current Deals" all day, everyday, and hit F5 several times a day.
I have a tab open to "HiFiShark" that emails me when a Freya S hits--missed three this way.
Freya S is moving so fast, you just about have to bid as soon as it is posted.

I'm obsessed

Griff

Did you get it...?

There was a Freya S on U.S. Audio Mart this morning. I was going to message you about it, but it's already showing Sale Pending. I hope it's yours's?

Just in case: Freya S

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #77,045 of 149,221
Well.... I've LIKEed your post even though I hate it :frowning2: A sad day for Lagunitus and for Newcastle Brown Ale. It's apparently targeted at the US market and the rest of the world will get the original. I assume it's not re-labeled and therefore uninformed consumers (or recently uninformed consumers) wouldn't know they were not actually drinking a Newcastle Brown Ale.

Newcastle Brown Ale has always been the defining exemplar for a brown ale. No longer true in the US anyway :frowning2:
It started for me in the 70’s when Miller started brewing stateside for Lowenbrau, awful.

May 21, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #77,046 of 149,221
Did you get it...?

I am working on it, offer accepted. All done but the cryin' and payin'

EDIT: I have a tracking number

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #77,047 of 149,221

User name checks out!

May 21, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #77,049 of 149,221
On May 12th, I ordered a MB upgrade for my Gungnir. At the time, I was in the queue at 72 of 72. This morning, I'm 72 of 80...! So, I feel your pain...! :sob:
Where do you find queue data? I ordered a BiFrost 2 on 4/23.

in the meantime, excellent turn around time on these in stock items:

I upgraded my work Magni 3 to an IEMagni, ordered 5/13, arrived on the east coast 5/17
I upgraded by work Modi 2 Uber to a Modi 3+, ordered 5/18, arrived on the east coast 5/21

Will be gifting a Wyrd (not needed with the Modi 3+), Modi 2 Uber and Magni 3 to a friend

May 21, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #77,050 of 149,221
I wanted to add to the beer conversations on this awesome thread. I drink non-alcoholic beers now. Let's just say that I had an "issue" with alcohol in the past (8 years sober!). Anyway, in the past the NA offerings were just awful. Now micro breweries are getting into the game. I stumbled upon a NA brewery a few years ago, Athletic Brewing Company. Thier Run Wild IPA is just really good. Very hard to tell it from the real thing. So since then I have been trying other NA breweries, from around the world. Europe has a good market for NA beers. The US is slowly coming along. Even some of the big micro breweries are getting into the game (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head) and there are several US based micro breweries dedicated to making NA beer. If you don't want the hangover or just want to chill with friends without the alcohol, I suggest trying a few of them. I can make recommendations too!

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #77,052 of 149,221
That many unread emails in the inbox is a sign of either bad spam filters or bad time management. IMO. :)
Or coworkers treating email as an instant messenger client substitute for in-office communication as they try to get used to a WFH lifestyle. :: pours one out for my formerly well-sorted inbox ::

May 21, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #77,053 of 149,221
re Beer: my local favorite is Four Peaks Kiltlifter. Lately I've been drinking Kona Brewing Company Gold Coast IPA because it's been on sale. My all-time favorite is Castlemaine FourX Bitter and I wish it was imported into the USA.

May 21, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #77,054 of 149,221
Or coworkers treating email as an instant messenger client substitute for in-office communication as they try to get used to a WFH lifestyle. :: pours one out for my formerly well-sorted inbox ::
Install Teams.

May 21, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #77,055 of 149,221
I wanted to add to the beer conversations on this awesome thread. I drink non-alcoholic beers now. Let's just say that I had an "issue" with alcohol in the past (8 years sober!). Anyway, in the past the NA offerings were just awful. Now micro breweries are getting into the game. I stumbled upon a NA brewery a few years ago, Athletic Brewing Company. Thier Run Wild IPA is just really good. Very hard to tell it from the real thing. So since then I have been trying other NA breweries, from around the world. Europe has a good market for NA beers. The US is slowly coming along. Even some of the big micro breweries are getting into the game (Samuel Adams, Dogfish Head) and there are several US based micro breweries dedicated to making NA beer. If you don't want the hangover or just want to chill with friends without the alcohol, I suggest trying a few of them. I can make recommendations too!
First off, congrats on your 8 years.

We also keep a few varieties of Athletic Brewing in our fridge. Nice for a lunch "beer." I liken it to soy/almond/oat milk. Tasty on its own, definitely a thing you can get used to, and of course way less bad to consume in volume...but a/b-ing vs the real thing, it's easy to notice the difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back