Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 21, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #77,056 of 149,057
Install Teams.
We've recently switched to Teams, replacing Skype as our officially sanctioned IM system. The, uh, older members of our office-side team are a bit slower to switch.

Maybe by the time they'd get used to it, we'll be moving back to more people being in-office and it'll be self correcting 🤷‍♂️

May 21, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #77,057 of 149,057
We've recently switched to Teams, replacing Skype as our officially sanctioned IM system. The, uh, older members of our office-side team are a bit slower to switch.

Maybe by the time they'd get used to it, we'll be moving back to more people being in-office and it'll be self correcting 🤷‍♂️
Dangerous:
“The, uh, older members of our office-side team are a bit slower to switch.”

We have both, and with India it is mainly Zoom. Not one GUI i really like but I want just one, then I pick Teams over Lync mainly because of sound quality.

May 21, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #77,058 of 149,057
As an "older member" of the staff I was at first annoyed by the switch from Skype to Teams, but I soon realized it is MUCH more than a meeting and IM platform, and we now accomplish the majority of project collaboration using its capabilities. I am now an advocate.

May 21, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #77,059 of 149,057
First off, congrats on your 8 years.

We also keep a few varieties of Athletic Brewing in our fridge. Nice for a lunch "beer." I liken it to soy/almond/oat milk. Tasty on its own, definitely a thing you can get used to, and of course way less bad to consume in volume...but a/b-ing vs the real thing, it's easy to notice the difference.
For me, taste wise, some of these craft NA beers are right on par with the real ones. It's that mouth feel/heaviness, from the alcohol, that most are missing. Maybe I need to do some A/Bing?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: kidding. Working from home last year really got me into the headphone game. And being home alone for long periods of time, for me, is a bad thing typically. Temptation is there. My wife was home at times as well, but thanks to Schiit products I survived and stayed sober! Now there's an endorsement LOL

May 21, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #77,060 of 149,057
Welcome to the thread, @S0undJunk1e . As I understand it, the optical Port for our XB1 is strictly for signal-out.
  1. If you are trying to use a Fulla 3 or 4 for gaming on a console, and you want to talk online, you will need to use the USB-port.
  2. I can't tell the difference between TOSlink and USB... for audio output. ... especially on the XB1.
  3. if one's just listening with the Fulla 3, I'd plug in a TOSLINK (not SPIDIF)... from the XBox to the Fulla4 (odd new feature). Anyway, my 2 cents...
{{edit... btw, I'm pleased to see the larger 'phone jack being used on the latest Fulla 4... my little Fulla 2 is still chugging along... Fulla 3? Nah}}}
I'm not sure you can do usb audio out on the Xbox 1. It would be amazing if I'm wrong about that though.

May 21, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #77,061 of 149,057
That sounds like fake news! I truly hope what you heard is wrong, though I am preparing myself for the profound disappointment if it's confirmed :frowning2:
Well, in that both are ultimately owned by Heineken, yes. Though IIRC Lagunitas was a minority sale - I just checked and see that the bought the remainder a couple of years later.

I think you should have faith: I don't see any shift in the brewing and taste of Lagunitas. And Newky is now brewed in Yorkshire so what's not to like? The non-UK version is made overseas by Heineken, so it could have a different taste than the UK variant, but nobody in their right mind would change such an iconic beer IMHO.

May 21, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #77,062 of 149,057
+1. the question is whether the ESS with software and hardware (I/V and output filter stage) optimization can be made to sound less edgy / sabre-ish and at least as good as the AK4493-based Modius or possibly equal the next-tier (and more expensive) Bifrost 2 Multibit (using ADI R2R & LME49724 differential amp chips).
My Ayre Codex has an ESS chip in it and sounds really nice, not edgy at all. Could be the Ayre filter, or the no-feedback output, or the relatively higher 2nd order harmonic.

May 21, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #77,063 of 149,057
speaking of chat / skype. My wife and I dated at work 18 years ago, sat in the same aisle of cubicles and she did not want anyone to know (that actually lasted 9 months) that we were dating I wrote a small application (I called it Secrets) with 3 text boxes and one button. You typed your message in the first box. clicking the button grabbed the text, encrypted it and put it into the clipboard so it could be pasted into AIM. When you received a string of gibberish you would paste it into box 2 and it would be decrypted and placed in box 3.

May 21, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #77,064 of 149,057
Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #77,066 of 149,057
As an "older member" of the staff I was at first annoyed by the switch from Skype to Teams, but I soon realized it is MUCH more than a meeting and IM platform, and we now accomplish the majority of project collaboration using its capabilities. I am now an advocate.

Agree. I've come to appreciate Teams more the more I use it.

May 21, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #77,067 of 149,057
IPAs are nice, bitter IPAs are nice (same with DIPAs), but the trend where EVERYTHING for a year or two was an IPA and you couldn't find a stout/porter/Hefeweizen/etc to change it up was horrible. Now the fun one (and still mentally messes with me) was the Blonde Stout that I had a couple years back. Same color as a pale ale, tasted exactly like a normal stout.
Isn't that the same as, "same great taste, shocking new packaging"?

I can't wait for the IPA craze to blow over. Like you, I am ready to have some variety again. But not so ready I'd buy Miller Lite.

May 21, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #77,068 of 149,057
On May 12th, I ordered a MB upgrade for my Gungnir. At the time, I was in the queue at 72 of 72. This morning, I'm 72 of 80...! So, I feel your pain...! :sob:
Can anyone who's done the multi-bit upgrade for Gungnir let @StimpyWan know what to expect? Even if he doesn't care, I do.

May 21, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #77,069 of 149,057
Can anyone who's done the multi-bit upgrade for Gungnir let @StimpyWan know what to expect? Even if he doesn't care, I do.

Hey, I truly appreciate your interest and support. That's very nice of you. 🥰

As to the wait, and the process, I am curious too, but patient. I have a Bifrost MB, that will tide me over, until I ship out my Gungnir for modding. So, no rush. I know it'll be a great piece of gear, when received. 😃

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #77,070 of 149,057
Hey, I truly appreciate your interest and support. That's very nice of you. 🥰

As to the wait, and the process, I am curious too, but patient. I have a Bifrost MB, that will tide me over, until I ship out my Gungnir for modding. So, no rush. I know it'll be a great piece of gear, when received. 😃

I signed up for the queue to upgrade my Gumby to Unison on March 4th and I'm number 32 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back