Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 20, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #75,436 of 149,685
Grilled pineapple is fantastic. I've incorporated grilled pineapple into salsa as well. Haven't tried cactus yet.
Nopales are great on the grill. Just make sure you scrape all the pricks off.

Apr 20, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #75,440 of 149,685
Maybe a balanced Lyr makes sense, in the new Super Valhalla chassis.
Jason said the main reasons for killing Mjolnir were expensive hard to source parts, and that Jotunheim (this is balanced) is so good that Mjolnir became redundant

Apr 20, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #75,444 of 149,685
Jason said the main reasons for killing Mjolnir were expensive hard to source parts, and that Jotunheim (this is balanced) is so good that Mjolnir became redundant
Cool, Bal Lyr would need to be substantially better than MJ2 to be interesting. Could be more tricks, like Lyr+ & relay volume, low/high/openloop switch. Stuff like that.

Edit: Super Valhalla looks SE, and just 2 input tubes.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #75,445 of 149,685
I suspect the new Folkswagon (or whatever the 10-tube amp proposed product is called) will be the answer to "You want a better amp than Lyr that uses tubes?"

Apr 20, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #75,446 of 149,685
Hi everyone! First post over here.

Just got my Schiit stack - Magni Heresy + Modi 3 - yesterday and I was finally able to use my hifiman Sundaras. I absolutely LOVE the sound coming out. All good and dandy, when suddenly physics happened.

Has anyone experienced static build up in the body going through the headphones into an amp? The moment I sat on a big chair made of (I think) microfiber cloth I could hear a loud buzzing that didn't go away until I turned everything off, unplugged and re-plugged. I've been able to replicate the same issue by petting my cat and my wife was just listening to some music wearing the Sundaras while sitting on a pleather office type chair, she rubbed her pants lightly and also got the same buzzing sound.

Since I don't have any other headphones or amps I haven't been able to do more testing, but wondering if this could be considered "normal" or if it could either be an issue with one of the following:

- Sundara stock cables (I have another set of cables coming in this week to test)
- Sundara headphones (body is almost all-metal)
- Schiit Magni isolation internal issue or something?

Any help, tips or thoughts will be appreciated!

Apr 20, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #75,447 of 149,685
Apr 20, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #75,449 of 149,685
Hi everyone! First post over here.

Just got my Schiit stack - Magni Heresy + Modi 3 - yesterday and I was finally able to use my hifiman Sundaras. I absolutely LOVE the sound coming out. All good and dandy, when suddenly physics happened.

Has anyone experienced static build up in the body going through the headphones into an amp? The moment I sat on a big chair made of (I think) microfiber cloth I could hear a loud buzzing that didn't go away until I turned everything off, unplugged and re-plugged. I've been able to replicate the same issue by petting my cat and my wife was just listening to some music wearing the Sundaras while sitting on a pleather office type chair, she rubbed her pants lightly and also got the same buzzing sound.

Since I don't have any other headphones or amps I haven't been able to do more testing, but wondering if this could be considered "normal" or if it could either be an issue with one of the following:

- Sundara stock cables (I have another set of cables coming in this week to test)
- Sundara headphones (body is almost all-metal)
- Schiit Magni isolation internal issue or something?

Any help, tips or thoughts will be appreciated!
Odd. I would start out with the HP cable and see where you stand after that. Maybe double-check you interconnects between amp and DAC to make sure they are tight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back