Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 19, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #75,377 of 150,943
Apr 19, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #75,378 of 150,943
So it's just Mike talking. Not an "announcement." He's working on lots of things that may or may not ever see the light of day. Don't get overly excited, folks.

From Mike's keyboard to your eyes:
Yup we’re making them. I don’t know the price, since I’m still trying to make up lost time from last year. We are releasing at least two. They are alternates or sidewaysgrades where opinion has been split. It is a way to add garlic, if you love garlic, or a way to add curry if you hate curry. Dave’s fave is different than mine. If you like classical and jazz you will probably like my fave. If you like classic rock and music chronologically through grunge, you will like Dave’s. If you touch yourself obscenely when you look at almost certainly inaudible, yet thoroughly second to none measurements, you will like the third one. (Please understand one of the boards referred to is the stock board.) Lotsa fun. Seriously!

Really, people here should visit the Long Strange Trip topic once in a while...

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #75,379 of 150,943
Apr 19, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #75,380 of 150,943
From Mike's keyboard to your eyes:

Really, people here should visit the Long Strange Trip topic once in a while...
I‘d follow him better if there was a way to be notified when he personally posted. Jason’s index page makes that easy. (Edit: I searched him and found three posts from Saturday)

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #75,382 of 150,943
Apr 19, 2021 at 11:40 AM Post #75,384 of 150,943
Off to left field again. How do you add to a local church's sanctuary where they host musical performances.

The church supports a couple of musicians by sharing their space for performances streamed via youtube.

We're thinking about donating to the church some soundproofing or w/e they need most to improve the utility of the space for musicians.

Maybe with the hope of one day doing a direct to lathe recording just because, if not me, who?

The sanctuary is about a 35' high ceiling, and about the size of half a football rectangle. Without the end zone.

Is this a terrible idea?

Apr 19, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #75,386 of 150,943
Off to left field again. How do you add to a local church's sanctuary where they host musical performances.

Burn it down, start over. :wink:

Apr 19, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #75,387 of 150,943

The church supports a couple of musicians by sharing their space for performances streamed via youtube.

We're thinking about donating to the church some soundproofing or w/e they need most to improve the utility of the space for musicians.

Maybe with the hope of one day doing a direct to lathe recording just because, if not me, who?

The sanctuary is about a 35' high ceiling, and about the size of half a football rectangle. Without the end zone.

Is this a terrible idea?

You gotta educate yourself on acoustics and figure out what sort of treatment to apply to the given space. And buy a calibrated mic (not very expensive). If you want to do it right that is.

Apr 19, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #75,388 of 150,943

Is this a terrible idea?

There's a lot of stuff on line, but if you want to sit in a nice chair and read a good book on the subject, try this one.

Edit, the seventh edition will be available 08/27/2021

https://www.amazon.com/Master-Handb...words=acoustics&qid=1618850705&s=books&sr=1-2

1618850993793.png

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #75,389 of 150,943
I don't know what you mean.
The Auralic app does support Qobuz no problem.
I am talking about a way to browse by genre while on Qobuz in the Auralic Lightning app.

Ah. Just before the page change I posted my happy post on Qobuz FINALLY being available in Denmark. In my superstoked frame of mind I just ran along with your post naturally being about how great that is.

What else could anyone post about?

Also, I really, really, really dislike the Lightning app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back