Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 20, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #7,426 of 151,218
Interesting! I should really get into this...the short answer being that the vast majority of our products are designed to be ultra-efficient to put together (I actually got angry seeing the inside of an iPhone 5 the first time--it's a very, very bad design from a manufacturability standpoint, especially considering the volume they run), but it's worth a longer answer. And probably some photos. And maybe a video or two.

For the actual "line production" products (Ragnarok and Yggdrasil), that's a different story, but I can certainly talk about how to set up an efficient line.
Neat!

And yeah, "line production" is a special animal. I work in automotive (heavy truck), and a single vehicle starts production in three different locations at the assembly plant (cab, chassis, engine). And that's not even getting into other subassemblies...

PS: and yes, I'd throw in for a Schiitshirt w/ back switch.

Aug 20, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #7,427 of 151,218
Guess I'm a rarity that had no problems switching my headphones over to balanced just for the Mjolnir. I like it that much. Thanks for the new chapter, it was a good one.

Aug 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #7,428 of 151,218
  ps.  can I get a Black T-Shirt with the Schiit logo on the front and a Power Switch screen printed on the back?

I am SO doing this. 

Amy (at Schiit) has said she'd take on some schwag slinging, so you may see a few items up on the site soon.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 20, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #7,430 of 151,218
Hmm looks like I will slowly start saving up for a Mjolnir 2 lol. Jason's latest chapter has me convinced. Hopefully by the tim I have saved up, there will be impressions to read.

Aug 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #7,431 of 151,218
I am saving up for the shirt!

Thanks Tony of Michigan for the idea!

Aug 20, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #7,432 of 151,218
Well then, looks like there's going to be a bunch of people walking around with shirts saying they get turned on from behind...

toggle the back to get power out front...

Aug 20, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #7,433 of 151,218
Well then, looks like there's going to be a bunch of people walking around with shirts saying they get turned on from behind...

LOL. That's another way to put it!

Aug 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #7,436 of 151,218

And what are they getting turned on to?

Schiit.

Aug 20, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #7,437 of 151,218
Was gonna take Tony's idea and run with it.....

How bout a Mjolnir2/Lyr shirt which has two tube sockets on the front (where pockets usually are)......the shirt comes with interchangeable velcro patches that can
cover the sockets with the image of either LISST or Tubes......

...then i realized what a top down view of two tubes would look like on a shirt and realized...ummmmm, yea,  thats not gonna fly.

Peace n 5.3.1.8.0.0.8

3ToF

Aug 20, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #7,438 of 151,218
Is that a solid state tube in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Aug 20, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #7,440 of 151,218

Is that a solid state tube in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

You are on FIRE lately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back