Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 20, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #7,442 of 151,216
  Is that a solid state tube in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

I'm pretty sure Jason said that LISST should only be plugged into Mjolnir 2s, Lyr 2s, and Lyrs .... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #7,443 of 151,216

ps.  can I get a Black T-Shirt with the Schiit logo on the front and a Power Switch screen printed on the back?

I am SO doing this. 

Amy (at Schiit) has said she'd take on some schwag slinging, so you may see a few items up on the site soon.

With a slogan "Schiit happened"? 
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #7,444 of 151,216
I was wondering if the SS tubes were an in house schiit design or was from another company. Thats really awesome that it an in house product.  Thanks for another great chapter. The insight into the process is always welcome.              I think the Valhalla Needs A bigger Brother... Full on tube circlotron.
L3000.gif

I ran across this add from another audio site. I was chuckling so hard I almost schiit my pants

Clever Marketing.Put me down for one of those T shirts.

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #7,446 of 151,216

Aside: and before you ask, my Mjolnir 2 uses tubes—nothing super fancy, just some JAN 6ZB7s. The LISST I like just fine, and I think it's a big step up from the original Mjolnir, but the tubes are just a bit better (again, for me.) Paradoxically, I like Lyr 2 with LISST better than the real tubes (stock tubes, anyway.)

Regarding the LISST, I'm surprised to read the comment that the solid-state tubes are "actually slightly noisier than real tubes". Why is that? I would've expected SS components to have a much less noise than tubes.

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #7,447 of 151,216
Great chapter!

People are still hot on the power switch huh. Hehe

I have emotiva equip and the power switch are at the back, didn't mind it at all, maybe because I have them plugged on a power strip.

Looking forward to another great chapter :)

Aug 21, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #7,448 of 151,216
  Regarding the LISST, I'm surprised to read the comment that the solid-state tubes are "actually slightly noisier than real tubes". Why is that? I would've expected SS components to have a much less noise than tubes.

curious about this as well.

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #7,449 of 151,216
All this tube talk made me turn on my (ham radio) power amplifier just so that I could feel the lovely, faint smell of tubes heating up waft past my nostrils... (And heat the man cave - it dissipates on the order of 1.3kW as heat, just what I need on what looks set to becoming one of the warmest days of the year around here...)

I really should get myself some tubed Schiit. 

Aug 21, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #7,450 of 151,216
  I'm pretty sure Jason said that LISST should only be plugged into Mjolnir 2s, Lyr 2s, and Lyrs .... 
biggrin.gif

Well it's purely at your own risk. They can't be held liable for whichever opening you want to stick the tubes in. You know what they say: anything's a d!&d# if you're brave enough.

You are on FIRE lately!

Maybe because they were plugged in before use?
basshead.gif

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #7,451 of 151,216
I wonder what we'll see for a Bifrost multibit?

I wonder if it will be the same board as the Gungnir multibit or a different/cheaper one.  At 500 clams the Gungnir upgrade board would double the price of the Bifrost Uber.  That doesn't seem sensible on the face of it.

In the other hand it's still one of the more cost effective way to get to multibit.

Aug 21, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #7,452 of 151,216

I wonder if it will be the same board as the Gungnir multibit or a different/cheaper one.  At 500 clams the Gungnir upgrade board would double the price of the Bifrost Uber.  That doesn't seem sensible on the face of it.

In the other hand it's still one of the more cost effective way to get to multibit.

But with the Gungnir being balanced and the Bifrost not, wouldn't that affect parts count and make the Bifrost upgrade cheaper?

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #7,454 of 151,216

Bifrost
"Fully Upgradable: The Future-Proof DAC

Worried about rapidly-changing USB input technology? Concerned about future advances in D/A conversion? Bifrost's modular design uses separate, USB Input and DAC/Analog cards. The result? A virtually future-proof DAC that won't end up in the dumpster."

I wonder when and how much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back