Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Aug 19, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #7,396 of 151,210
Can we have a chapter that's just transcripts of Mike yelling at people?
tongue.gif
(start the ball rolling with DSD...)

Aug 19, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #7,397 of 151,210

Beyond that, do you have any other suggestions for what you'd want to hear about? The measurement chapter was a lot of fun!

Would be interested in some more pre-Schiit stuff. Particularly BALDR on A-D converters and frustrations with the technology available "back in the day". Some of which I assume have been ameliorated by Yggdrasil.... and maybe where there are still technology limitations (without giving away the next good idea too much)

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #7,398 of 151,210
Don't worry, we have ideas for next-gen products, but they may take some very different directions, and may not even build on the current product line...I'd expect revolution, not evolution, for the next gen.

Fulla 2? It's hot one product begging for an update. Especially to the volume knob. Portability is also something to watch.

I know you're not gonna talk about future products, but any interest in AD or Pro AD devices? I think it would be intern to bring your designs to something like a mic preamplifier a compressor/leveling amplifier or an AD converter. It would certainly be a challenge. I know some guys would go crazy over a balanced mice pre.

Also, any interest in building regular speaker amplifiers or are those days from Sumo long gone?

Aug 20, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #7,400 of 151,210
Some thoughts:
Updated Vali would be fun. I like remotes for when I use speakers or long cable runs so I can listen in bed. Power switches in the back is 100% better. The only reason I ever turn my NFB-28 off is because of the blue LEDs at night. I would still love to see an Asgard/Lyr-tier current output amp. I'd also love to see y'all do something fun with power supply sections, like the Audio-GD HE series or some of the other capacitor-bank powered gear.

I'd love to get a chapter on the history of digital audio. Also, explaining different amp topologies and the theories behind them.

Aug 20, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #7,401 of 151,210
Quote:Jason Stodgy
wink_face.gif

I'd like a whole chapter on the [REDACTED] and why it still has the on/off switch on the back and NO remote.    
blink.gif

Look at the board and the location of the transformers. Compare to the depth of the switches used. You tell me where to put the power switch on the front.

Remotes? For headphone products?

Location of the transformers on the board can be easily changed when designing the board.  
L3000.gif

Some of us have long headphone cables, and even cable extensions.
biggrin.gif
Remotes would be very handy.

I guess we could mount the gear sideways so that the switch is on the side.  Seeing as we won't get a remote, and nobody looks at the LED indicators, All is GOOD
gs1000.gif

Aug 20, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #7,402 of 151,210
  Location of the transformers on the board can be easily changed when designing the board.  
L3000.gif

biggrin.gif

I guess we could mount the gear sideways so that the switch is on the side.  Seeing as we won't get a remote, and nobody looks at the LED indicators, All is GOOD
gs1000.gif

+1

Unlikely, I realize. But I have my gear across the room from my seat. A remote would be just the ticket.

Aug 20, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #7,406 of 151,210
L3000.gif

biggrin.gif

gs1000.gif

It ain't trivial moving stuff around on dense noise sensitive boards... in fact I'd gander a bet that the location of the transformer is the most sound / noise critical placement in the device... after that the mains power lines...

Aug 20, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #7,407 of 151,210
Multibit upgrade for a Bifrost, please.

Aug 20, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #7,408 of 151,210
Aug 20, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #7,410 of 151,210

Mr. Stoddard,

If this were Baseball, you guys are hitting em outa the park at every at-bat.

If this were Golf, you'd be something like 55 under par for the series.

Geez, you're still swatting those "power-switch" mosquitos.

The Tube/Transistor convertible gear is Brilliant, the Multibit is Brilliant.  

I think you've raised the price/value Bar pretty darn far. 

The reasons for not buying Schiit are that a person:

1). can't speak English,

2). can't read the Order directions,

3) has no money,

4). hasn't discovered you yet.  

Maybe there are other reasons folks will offer, I'd love to hear em.  

Congratulations, nice work, well done.

Tony in Michigan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back